over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pregnancy and Ephedrine

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
My wife is pregnant(it was planned but wasn't sure my boys could swim after a decade of AS use). Anyways she has been taking Diet Fuel from Twinlab for years. Is there any research out there or does anyone have any opinions on the effects of ephedrine on pregnancy?

I know there is a ton of misinformation out there on the dangers of ephedrine and I myself feel that it is perfectly safe when taken at appropriate dosages and is actually quite beneficial from a health standpoint at these dosages as well. However I am not sure how it effects the baby during pregnancy. I know that obviously there is a shared blood supply between my wife and the baby but what percentage of the ephedrine would actually get into the baby?

I want to be 100% sure that I have a healthy baby and don't want to take any unecessary risks. However, I don't want to overreact as well.

Also what supps should be avoided with pregnancy. For example she takes melatonin, R-ALA, gingko, ALC, and some others.

Bro, I would seriously have her stop all supps except multi-vitamins. Everything she takes will make it's way into the fetus, and you don't want to mess with it's development and growth.

This is when your child is being formed, fingers, bones, brain cells etc.; I just wouldn't want to take ANY chances.

I look at it like this, if there is no proof that taking something is going to be good for the baby, then why take it and chance something may hurt it?

My wife just had our 2nd sprog in Aug. this year, and in our opinion the best thing for your wife to do is live REAL healthy during her pregnancy. Exercise, eat real clean, no nicotine, alcohol or caffiene obviously. This will really help her especially towards the end of her pregnancy, and also if she decides to nurse.

During both pregnancys, my wife lived on fish, chicken, steak, steam veggies and a shit load of fruit. The only thing she drank was water and rasberry tea (helps with the female plumbing). The only supps she took were multi-vits and fish-oil.

Pregnancy Category C

Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with ephedrine. It is also not known whether ephedrine can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Ephedrine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.

Labor and Delivery

Parenteral administration of ephedrine to maintain blood pressure during low or other spinal anesthesia for delivery can cause acceleration of fetal heart rate and should not be used in obstetrics when maternal blood pressure exceeds 130/80. See CONTRAINDICATIONS.

Pediatric Use

The safety and effectiveness of Ephedrine has not been established. Its limited use in pediatric patients has been inadequate to fully define the proper dosage and limitations of use.

**broken link removed**

Pregnancy—Some of these medicines can increase blood sugar, blood pressure, and heart rate in the mother, and may increase the heart rate and decrease blood sugar in the infant. Before taking any of these medicines, make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or may become pregnant.

Some of these medicines also relax the muscles of the uterus and may delay labor.

For albuterol: Albuterol has not been studied in pregnant women. Studies in animals have shown that albuterol causes birth defects when given in doses many times the usual human dose.

For ephedrine: Ephedrine has not been studied in pregnant women or in animals.

For epinephrine: Epinephrine has been shown to cause birth defects in humans. However, this medicine may be needed during allergic reactions that threaten the mother's life.

For isoproterenol: Studies on birth defects with isoproterenol have not been done in humans. However, there is some evidence that it causes birth defects in animals.

For metaproterenol: Metaproterenol has not been studied in pregnant women. However, studies in animals have shown that metaproterenol causes birth defects and death of the animal fetus when given in doses many times the usual human dose.

For terbutaline: Terbutaline has not been shown to cause birth defects in humans using recommended doses or in animal studies when given in doses many times the usual human dose.

Breast-feeding—

For albuterol, isoproterenol, and metaproterenol : It is not known whether albuterol, isoproterenol, or metaproterenol passes into breast milk. Although most medicines pass into breast milk in small amounts, many of them may be used safely while breast-feeding. Mothers who are taking this medicine and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.

For ephedrine: Ephedrine passes into breast milk and may cause unwanted side effects in babies of mothers using ephedrine.

For epinephrine: Epinephrine passes into breast milk and may cause unwanted side effects in babies of mothers using epinephrine.

For terbutaline: Terbutaline passes into breast milk but has not been shown to cause harmful effects in the infant. Mothers who are taking this medicine and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.

Simply put-what may be safe doseges for a grown adult are probably not for a growing fetus. Play it safe-dont do it. Good luck!

Oops! I was just discussing all this with the wife and realized that I had forgotten out a huge part of the story.

When I met my wife 6 years ago she was a chronic severe ashmatic who had been in the hospital several times as well as was currently on Theophylline(for many years) and had been on prednisone for years previously. I got her off all the drugs except some of the inhalers and the ephedrine(50mg per day). Since then she has not been in the hospital once and her asthma has been under control.

She can tell when she has missed a dose of her Diet Fuel by her breathing. She is now afraid of what will happen if she stops taking it.

I am not real sure what to do at this point as it seems like either way we are taking a risk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131