over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pregnenolone suppliments

Roadking55

Newbies
I was wondering if anyone else uses pregnenolone along with a trt program.
Its the precursor for dhea, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone,dht , cortisol ....
Being the gateway twix cholesterol and androgens, i can see how supplimenting mightb help raise levels if there is an issue with the bodies ability to convert cholesterol to pregnenolone.

I would think if someone had an astrogen issue, that it could make it worse, if for some reason their hormones are not balencing correctly. This is an off the cuff opinion, not based on research, but an AI could help.

I have been taking 50mg tabs a day. Without testing its hard to say if its helping, but i feel better.

I look at it like little bathtubs full of hormones. Getti g the body to drain these hormones correctly is the challenge.

Its one of the last hormones left that hasnt been regulated out of existence. I am posting from a kindle, otherwise i would copy/paste an interesting article called
" top 11 scientific health benifits of pregnenolone"" Google it

I am interested in knowing your take on it.

Some compounding pharmacies will do a (sometimes pregnenolone) dhea+test+chrysin. This is what the older man (probably 75, walked better than I do!) was getting before me when I was picking up my t cream. This was a while back, now I make/take my own and save some money, but that's not for everybody. Actually I do not reccomend it.

If you do use pregnenolone as part of your program I'd be taking 50mg zinc 1-2x a day and DIM 100mg 1-3x daily depending on bloods. You'll have to experiment til you know how easily your body aromatizes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the DIM. I never heard of it before and i will read up on it.

This website has a fantastic wealth of knowledge. I am addicted to it:D

I have made a serious commitment towards getting my health and strength back after years of letting myself go. I am devouring this info in hope that i will use it wisely.

I just had a blood draw today to see were my testosterone levels are. Two months ago my T levels were not even on the scale. I am just taking 25 mg of clomid a day and have been for a month.

If my levels are still low, i am going to start Trt. Most likely cyp@ 100mg/wk.

I'd like to do it subq first, and avoid jabbing a big ass needle into muscle.
Thanks for your reply and advice.

forget those pills you need injectable HCG human chorionic gonadotropin (not HGH) you can do subcutaneous injection with an insulin syringe 29g.

"When T levels are low in a normal healthy man the Hypothalamus releases a "releasing" hormone (LHRH) that tells the Pituitary to release another hormone known as Luteinizing Hormone (LH). In turn, LH reaches the receptors on the Leydig cells within the testicles telling them to do their thing among which is the production of Pregnenolone from Cholesterol, Sperm and Testosterone among other things needed downstream in all hormonal pathways.

Exogenous Testosterone halts the HPT Axis (HPTA) and as such the testicles are no longer receiving LH. This is know by most of us as simply "shutdown" or "HPTA suppression."

In order for men on a TRT protocol where they are in a state of shutdown/suppression to make up for the lost production of LH they will need add hCG to their protocol which is a bioidentical form of LH (LH Analog.)"

So what happens when a man testicles don't function anymore do to the lack of LH?

1. The Biggie: Testicular Atrophy. Men will see their testes get smaller over time and hurt constantly along the way. The duration for this event seems to be different in men where younger guys can seem to go longer where mid to older guys see the event happens on a more accelerated scale. Some think it happens to do with the amount of receptors on the Leydig cells...but who really knows.
2. Sperm production is pretty much halted.
3. Men's scrotum's will get really tight and pull up against the body causing pain and end up looking like a 5 year old.
4. The testes are the single largest producer of the hormone Pregnenolone; the mother of all hormones

Why we need hCG:
1. To produce Pregnenolone; hCG activates the p450 side chain cleavage (p450scc) enzyme which converts cholesterol to Pregnenolone!!! (Read the link above, please.)
2. To produce the precursors for DHEA, Estrogen, Cortisol, Testosterone and DHT...back filling the pathways (See #1 above)
3. For proper and normal brain function
4. For proper functioning of the testicles
5. If men ever want to restart
6. If men ever want to have children
7. If men don't want balls that end up in a small mass of useless Collagen
8. The list goes on...

In short, hCG keeps the testicles functioning in a normal state and supports all three androgen pathways. It prevents pregnenolone deficiency and supporting all our other CHOL pathways and hormones as well.

As we've all seen first hand in this community; when a man on a TRT protocol is not on hCG they complain of shrinking testicle and the accompanying pain that goes with it.

But when they start on hCG (because of all the things listed above and more) they all state how much better they feel and the pain associated with their testicular atrophy subsiding and that their testicles feel much better as well.

Does a man need hCG on a TRT protocol? Nope. But for all the reasons above a man should be made aware of why hCG and Pregnenolone are important to their health and well being on a life long journey of TRT.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws