over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PREP- BRINGING A MIDDLEWEIGHT INTO HIS CLASS

bigfatandugly

Registered
hey guys.

i'm prepping a guy who i'm planning to have fall in the top end of his middleweight class which is 176, in 12 days time, on the 24th.

today he weighed in at 187 in the am.

i cut his sodium a week and a half ago as i had it high to better gauge what his true bodyweight was.

last week i put him on chicken/ broccoli. his calories are about 1800 for the day.

now i need to plan his last week strategy in order to bring him in at the top of his class without having him go over.

worse case scenario i'm thinking i may not be able to carb him up before the weigh in which is the morning of the show. i'll start his diazide around 8pm friday nite.

any suggestions on how to bring him into the show full, but still make his class? i know there are alot of good middleweights here whio i'm sure would have excellent advise for me.

should i just bring him in bone dry as he is very lean right now and just add in some carbs after weigh in as i'll have a 3 hour window or so to work with? i'm thinking i'll try to push his carbs with humalog at this time if this is the case.

i dont want to risk carbing him up before hand and missing his class- is this a possibility?

also, should i glycogen deplete him on mon-wed, or just leave him on his current diet in case i won't be able to fill him out before weigh in?

basically since i am a SHW when i compete i have no idea what the last week is going to bring in terms of his weight fluctuation, what i can expect to see in regard to this , or what tricks i need to know to bring a guy into his class at the top, provided he's weighing what he does today -187 for a 176 class.

any help here guys would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

BFU

Last edited:
bring him in his best condition.... dry, full, ripped and ready for battle and don't worry about weight! thats what I would do.

bring him in his best condition.... dry, full, ripped and ready for battle and don't worry about weight! thats what I would do.

Agreed.

If he's in shape now at 187 (I would assume he is if his show is only 12 days away) then trying to get him down to 176 is only going to make him look less than his best.

IF you had an early weigh-in (i.e. Thursday evening), I'd go for it (I am a middleweight and am usually about 185 or so at 1.5-2 weeks out) but with a Saturday weigh-in you don't have enough time to get down to 176 then fill back out enough to look good.

he's gonna look like shit dropping weight that fast. I've learned not to fluctuate things too much the last couple weeks, it never works out the way you want it to

I've never competed but I would say come in looking the best possible and have him go into whatever weight class that is. Better to look your best in a higher weight class than not as good and flat in a lighter class

he's gonna look like shit dropping weight that fast. I've learned not to fluctuate things too much the last couple weeks, it never works out the way you want it to

I'm 190 six weeks out I'm trying to make middleweight,too. I would hate to know I had to drop it in 12 days. Being 12 days away, I would think he would already be pretty depleted. And waiting to start carbing up in 9 days.

If he looks good at 187, 11 pounds lost would probably look like crap. If he's over 5'6, let him come be.

thanks guys.

i agree with you all- i have never really cared much about he scale. it was about being in the best shape i could come game day, regardless of what or where i weighed (hwt or shwt).

but there is one problem with the guy i am training and it is very glaring. if he were a complete bodybuilder, i would have no hesitancy in putting into the bottom end of a lhwt class. he has incredible density and big, round full muscle bellies and his conditioning is spot on- being his first show he is hanging onto some baby fat in his glutes, but thats where it ends. his tree is sickly and his low back is very tight.

the only problem is his legs. they are next to non-existant.

putting him in this lhwt class which is normally very competitive i don't think i could place him, given his lower body. the only way i saw i could place him was to bring him at the top end of the middles- his density won't be matched in the upper body in this class, no way. he's just too damn thick. i thought if i could have him dominate this weight class with that one advantage i could get him to place.

so, in all guys, thats my reasoning for wanting him in the lighter class. not cause i want to, believe me. the scale means shit to me much as it does you guys and so it should when it comes to coming in at your best, but at least you now know my rationale.

BFU

Last edited:
how tall is he?

IMHO, diazide takes too much size out of my legs. i have seen this in others too...

i had a simular situation in my final show last season, and just did LH. i did not win the class because my legs were not up to LH standards, but it was a very helpful to see how much they needed to improve... especially when i could see comparison shots.

he needs to have a rude awakening about the leg imbalance. it will help his overall career more than winning at MW

thanks guys.

i agree with you all- i have never really cared much about he scale. it was about being in the best shape i could come game day, regardless of what or where i weighed (hwt or shwt).

but there is one problem with the guy i am training and it is very glaring. if he were a complete bodybuilder, i would have no hesitancy in putting into the bottom end of a lhwt class. he has incredible density and big, round full muscle bellies and his conditioning is spot on- being his first show he is hanging onto some baby fat in his glutes, but thats where it ends. his tree is sickly and his low back is very tight.

the only problem is his legs. they are next to non-existant.

putting him in this lhwt class which is normally very competitive i don't think i could place him, given his lower body. the only way i saw i could place him was to bring him at the top end of the middles- his density won't be matched in the upper body in this class, no way. he's just too damn thick. i thought if i could have him dominate this weight class with that one advantage i could get him to place.

so, in all guys, thats my reasoning for wanting him in the lighter class. not cause i want to, believe me. the scale means shit to me much as it does you guys and so it should when it comes to coming in at your best, but at least you now know my rationale.

BFU

A lot of it has to do with the individual judges too. The judges might want the most peeled. You never know. The only problem with the lighter weight class is if he comes in flat and looking like shit, he's going to get beat up pretty bad. I would rather take my lumps knowing I can in the best shape I could than fight to make a lighter class and really get beat up knowing I didn't look my best. If he doesn't place he should take the judges critiques and use it as motivation to work on the lagging parts. You should talk to him and give him his options

how tall is he?

IMHO, diazide takes too much size out of my legs. i have seen this in others too...

i had a simular situation in my final show last season, and just did LH. i did not win the class because my legs were not up to LH standards, but it was a very helpful to see how much they needed to improve... especially when i could see comparison shots.

he needs to have a rude awakening about the leg imbalance. it will help his overall career more than winning at MW

he's 5'7

his legs don't have much size to take anything out of them :).

seriously, he knows his legs are way behind his upper body. he was one of these guys who used to train for the beach, realised he responds very well, and has decided to take it to a competitive level.

i advised him already to take a year off if he places and then come back the following year or year after, after pounding his legs and try the next level as he was already thinking about going to the next level in a show later on this year. just the fact he wants to go up a level this year shows me he really doesn't think his legs are that important to place well.

but you are right. i think this is the awakening he will need.

BFU

Last edited:
A lot of it has to do with the individual judges too. The judges might want the most peeled. You never know. The only problem with the lighter weight class is if he comes in flat and looking like shit, he's going to get beat up pretty bad. I would rather take my lumps knowing I can in the best shape I could than fight to make a lighter class and really get beat up knowing I didn't look my best. If he doesn't place he should take the judges critiques and use it as motivation to work on the lagging parts. You should talk to him and give him his options

this show is known for rewarding conditioning over size. i have competed in it twice and have been to it several other times and the judges usuallly lean towards conditioning over size.

we have spoken about this, as i like to keep him informed of what his prep is going to result in so there are no disappointments, on his end or mine. i have told him i could but him in bottom end lhwt and fill him out, or bring him in flat and depleted but dry for the middles. he is adamant to go middle.

truthfully, i would rather put him middle dry, rather than full in the lhwt. he'll be giving up upwards of 15 pounds, and have no legs, which it seems every lhwt has in this show in years past. basically, i think he has a better chance of placing middle than in light heavy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131