over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prescription at Costco

petegriffin

Registered
I get my testosterone through my Doctor and when I need refills I email the office and have them send my prescription to Costco and go pick it up the 10ml bottle along with needles for about $60. I've been doing this for years. So today I went in and they had 10 1ml bottles which was weird and the price was $214. I asked her what was up and she didn't know why the price went up but it was in fact $214.. Anyone else run into this lately?

Do you have a deductible you have to meet through your insurance on prescription refills, before they will start covering.

The reason I ask because I had a few prescription that were over $300 on the first refill this year and my insurance said once I got my deductible they would be back to regular copay

Last edited:
I get my testosterone through my Doctor and when I need refills I email the office and have them send my prescription to Costco and go pick it up the 10ml bottle along with needles for about $60. I've been doing this for years. So today I went in and they had 10 1ml bottles which was weird and the price was $214. I asked her what was up and she didn't know why the price went up but it was in fact $214.. Anyone else run into this lately?

Just find another pharmacy that has a 10ml vial in stock. I'm sure 10 1ml vials is more costly than a single 10ml vial. You can even just call different pharmacies in your area and ask and them if they have 10 ml testosterone vials in stock and then have your doctor call it once you find a place.

Do you have a deductible you have to meet through your insurance on prescription refills, before they will start covering.

The reason I ask because I had a few prescription that were over $300 on the first refill this year and my insurance said once I got my deductible they would be back to regular copay
My insurance makes it a pain in the ass when it comes to trt so I just go out of pocket.

Just find another pharmacy that has a 10ml vial in stock. I'm sure 10 1ml vials is more costly than a single 10ml vial. You can even just call different pharmacies in your area and ask and them if they have 10 ml testosterone vials in stock and then have your doctor call it once you find a place.

That's the plan.. But over $200 for test regardless how it's bottles is insane lol.

You can get test cyp, 200mg/ml, 10 ml vial for around $40 cash, no insurance all day long at CVS, WalGreen, etc!! I get my RX filled there all the time!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya definitely try a different pharmacy. Some just carry specific things

That's the plan.. But over $200 for test regardless how it's bottles is insane lol.

Yeah it depends on the manufacturer and where it's produced, labor costs in that country and a lot of other factors...

Even with the same manufacturer, the markup is often higher on single dose vials, as the manufacturing costs and labor costs, packaging costs, quality control and product testing costs etc. will be similar for a 1ml and 10ml vial.

Is this the first script for test that you have had to fill this year? Maybe your policy had a change that you aren't aware of?

Another possibility I am willing to bet that the bottle you are used to buying is a generic brand but this time around all they had was a name brand like Watson or something like that which is more expensive. I had a similar experience once when I tried to buy at a Walgreens. I was forced to do it because Express Scripts mail order was all out of stock and didn't know when it might be in, could be months. The price was real similar to what you just quoted. I am not sure what brand it was.

You can get test cyp, 200mg/ml, 10 ml vial for around $40 cash, no insurance all day long at CVS, WalGreen, etc!! I get my RX filled there all the time!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange, because I had them quote me something real similar to what the poster of this thread had. It was over $200 for just six 1 ml vials. Even the local compounding pharmacy wanted $150 for a 10 ml vial.

Last edited:
Strange, because I had them quote me something real similar to what the poster of this thread had. It was over $200 for just six 1 ml vials. Even the local compounding pharmacy wanted $150 for a 10 ml vial.

Hmmm, I guess I've got some calling around to do.

Hmmm, I guess I've got some calling around to do.

Yeah, use the phone to do your work. Your health insurance plan doesn't use a mail order like Express Scripts? For me the mail order is cheaper almost always. I think you should be able to use it even though you just pay cash. Either mail in the script or have the doc's office do it electronically.

The 1ml vials vs the 10ml bottle are always about 2-3x the price. It's retarded. Also here in Long Island the cheapest a 10 ml bottle is 80 bucks. I wish it was 40 here like someone else posted.

Not only are underground labs so much cheaper, but some are dosed better than pharm grade. We have done extensive blood work while using both....

Not only are underground labs so much cheaper, but some are dosed better than pharm grade. We have done extensive blood work while using both....

I went that route when there was a shortage a year ago or so. The pharms were all out around here and even Express Scripts had none. The quality seems nearly comparable. I used Toraxx and was very happy. Customer service was top notch.

petegriffin, since you don't use insurance, obviously check around like others have suggested but also check out goodrx.com
You can print out a coupon that dramatically lowers the cost

I have heard that some pharmacies were doing that on purpose to "discourage" steroid use in the case that the people getting testosterone were "medicating themselves." In essence just making it harder for them to get what they want.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws