over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Preworkout meal

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you guys eat before the gym? High glycemic or low? I've also seen something with sustain energy. I see alot of mixed reviews about this

Last edited:
I eat a regular meal 2-3 hours pre workout and then about 20-30 minutes pre I start drinking my intra shake

So with my schedule, I do fasted cardio then hit the weights. I do have an intra while I lift. Would it benefit me to drink some protein and eat white rice before I hit the weights or just use those calories post workout?

So with my schedule, I do fasted cardio then hit the weights. I do have an intra while I lift. Would it benefit me to drink some protein and eat white rice before I hit the weights or just use those calories post workout?

If youre wanting to do fasted cardio first go aead and do it...and then maybe add a bit of extra eaa to your intra to compensate. And then post eat all the chicken and white rice you can handle lol

2 scoops whey, grenade protein bar and a banana. Also sip a Lucozade throughout my workout, immediately after gym I have 50grms of cyclic dextrin and another 2 scoops of whey. But I’m using hgh and slin pretraining also.

Fasted cardio I only do on the early hours of training day mornings.

Last edited:
I eat around 2 hours preworkout and my meal is chicken or 99% fat free ground turkey, cup of green beans and rice cakes.

Maybe I'll swap that out for whey isolate and cream of rice occasionally.

Chicken, rice and some almonds so that’s a regular meal

I love eating only protein and fat 1:30h before my training.

For me, the feelings are better than using carbs

1 hour pre training - today is an insulin/refeed day for me (weak body part chest)

60g COR
60g TN whey iso
15g raw honey
7g coconut oil
1 banana french toast english muffin
5IU 5iu humalog/ 3.3iu gh

intra
25g hbcd
25g gatorade powder
10g glutamine
8g citrulline
10g eeas
2g salt
2g potassium
10g creatine mono
5iu humalog in the parking lot sipping drink on the way to the gym -insulin is in full swing after doing shoulder mobility, ect

ill hit roughly 700g carbs today - normally around 350-400g

post ill do 200mcg igf lr3

Last edited:
Just a regular meal 1 hour before.

How about you folks that train early AM, between 5-7am training.

Still eating rice and chicken?

1 hour pre training - today is an insulin/refeed day for me (weak body part chest)

60g COR
60g TN whey iso
15g raw honey
7g coconut oil
1 banana french toast english muffin
5IU 5iu humalog/ 3.3iu gh

intra
25g hbcd
25g gatorade powder
10g glutamine
8g citrulline
10g eeas
2g salt
2g potassium
10g creatine mono
5iu humalog in the parking lot sipping drink on the way to the gym -insulin is in full swing after doing shoulder mobility, ect

ill hit roughly 700g carbs today - normally around 350-400g

post ill do 200mcg igf lr3

How do you find the lr3? What brand?

Pre workout I usually have cooked oats mixed with chocolate and peanut butter whey and a sliced banana mixed in. If I am bulking I may add actual peanut butter with chocolate whey/beef isolate. I think that is a solid pre workout meal for most but an important factor is knowing how long to have it before you train. Everyone is different but if you have it too late it may effect your workout. The amount/serving also effects things. Like today I will have it 30 mins before but I am cutting so the amount of oats I have is literally half of what I usually have and I am eating it with an empty stomach so I digest it rapidly.

How do you find the lr3? What brand?

Pre workout I usually have cooked oats mixed with chocolate and peanut butter whey and a sliced banana mixed in. If I am bulking I may add actual peanut butter with chocolate whey/beef isolate. I think that is a solid pre workout meal for most but an important factor is knowing how long to have it before you train. Everyone is different but if you have it too late it may effect your workout. The amount/serving also effects things. Like today I will have it 30 mins before but I am cutting so the amount of oats I have is literally half of what I usually have and I am eating it with an empty stomach so I digest it rapidly.

What brand is your PB whey

What brand is your PB whey

I change all the time. At the moment it is dymatize iso 100 chocolate peanut butter. I also have a chocolate beef isolate I use at times as well. The beef tastes fine but the whey is nicer.

Honestly, your best bet is to eat what digests well for you. some people do well with oats, some with cream of rice with something fiberous like berries or some do cream of rice with something like pb or whole eggs. my coach has me eating close to 1000 carbs a day of all "clean" food so through trial and error, had to find what worked well. for me it was high fiber carbs and low fats and all whole food minus pre intra and post workout.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear