over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Primo for HRT

smootheavy

Registered
I primo still prescribed in the us for HRT, I know it is given to HIV/AIDS patients for wasting and what not, but is it used for HRT? My gen prac looked at me like I was crazy for asking and in his PDR it said Test enanthate so thats what I got.

I ask because I know with DHT deriv, sex drive can be better and I like the profile, especially with the increase in colllagen synthesis, it looks like I want to give it a try any ideas?

Im on my own trt and I wanted to add something long term with no sides. I take 150mg test cyp weekly and 25mg proviron daily. I was thinking about running a low dose eq yearly with my trt but dont want the increase in rbc's. Then I was thinking low dose deca but dont want those sides either. Seems like adding a little primo like 300mg per week could be nice along with trt. I dont see any long term health risks?

does primo not cause too much increase in RBCs then? i too am thinking aolng these lines, was also going to add the proviron but wanted to do a little more reading first as it would be long term. hope this thread carries on!

I'm no expert by any means, but I love taking low-moderate primo doses in between bigger cycles. And it actually increased my sex just like test. It actually felt very similar to test, with less bloat and harder look. I LOVE PRIMO, its the #1 steroid hands down in my book.

does primo not cause too much increase in RBCs then? i too am thinking aolng these lines, was also going to add the proviron but wanted to do a little more reading first as it would be long term. hope this thread carries on!

Primo is one of the safest anabolics. Very few side effects.

Makes far more sense to use Test Enan or Cyp at 200-300mg a week seeing as Test is closest to you own hormone IMO.

is it used for HRT?

never

hrt= hormone replacement therapy. primo is not a natural hormone in your body so it can't be replaced... muscle wasting is an entirely different problem than having low testosterone levels

Im on my own trt and I wanted to add something long term with no sides. I take 150mg test cyp weekly and 25mg proviron daily. I was thinking about running a low dose eq yearly with my trt but dont want the increase in rbc's. Then I was thinking low dose deca but dont want those sides either. Seems like adding a little primo like 300mg per week could be nice along with trt. I dont see any long term health risks?

Unless you weight over 120kg, 150mg test cyp per week + 25 mg proviron a day (and, why not, 300mg primo /week) is FAR AWAY from a replacement threrapy.

It is low dose cycling, non stop cycling, and you might get side effects. Many of the men "testosteron replaced" get hight hct (expecially when on depo injections), it is not only boldenone which does it.

Replacement therapy means to have hormonal levels as much similar to the natural ones as possible. This is impossible with depo injections as you do not have the daily ups and downs, you have the 7-21 days ups and downs, depending on the schedule. During the single day the testosterone levels are pretty much stable, and this in itself is not "natural" and the body, usually, reacts with som sort of side effects, f.e., increasing the hct.

This is why the recommendation is to keep the testosteron levels (the ones you read when you do a blood test) as close to the lower limit as possible.
Stable values, but low.

And you do not need to take proviron. Your SHBG is low enough if you are on TRT at that dose, there is no use in lowering it any further. If you take the proviron as an antiestrogen, it means you have / had high estrogens, another clue that the testo dose it way too high.

Just my .2

Wallace ;)

Last edited:
High hct = Time to give blood.

Brings it back to normal range, sorry for going of topic.

Im not sure if primo is even FDA approved

only AAS available on prescription in the US are testosterone, anavar and halotestin AFAIK, also possibly nandrolone but im not 100% sure about this one.

I dont know man, the range is 220-850 and on 150mg cyp 25mg proviron and hcg at 250iu 2x per week my levels stay in the 900's, so thats just slightly outta range. I've had them tested numerous times and they were the same. I take 75mg cyp on monday and same on thursday. My father is actually prescribed HRT by a doctor and takes 125mg cypionate and 1.2iu's GH. His levels tested in the high 800's and the dr said its perfectly fine and healthy and to just donate blood every 2months.

Unless you weight over 120kg, 150mg test cyp per week + 25 mg proviron a day (and, why not, 300mg primo /week) is FAR AWAY from a replacement threrapy.

It is low dose cycling, non stop cycling, and you might get side effects. Many of the men "testosteron replaced" get hight hct (expecially when on depo injections), it is not only boldenone which does it.

Replacement therapy means to have hormonal levels as much similar to the natural ones as possible. This is impossible with depo injections as you do not have the daily ups and downs, you have the 7-21 days ups and downs, depending on the schedule. During the single day the testosterone levels are pretty much stable, and this in itself is not "natural" and the body, usually, reacts with som sort of side effects, f.e., increasing the hct.

This is why the recommendation is to keep the testosteron levels (the ones you read when you do a blood test) as close to the lower limit as possible.
Stable values, but low.

And you do not need to take proviron. Your SHBG is low enough if you are on TRT at that dose, there is no use in lowering it any further. If you take the proviron as an antiestrogen, it means you have / had high estrogens, another clue that the testo dose it way too high.

Just my .2

Wallace ;)

I dont know man, the range is 220-850 and on 150mg cyp 25mg proviron and hcg at 250iu 2x per week my levels stay in the 900's, so thats just slightly outta range.
150mg/week is reasonable. even 200mg/week is not unheard of. how much you need is a personal thing. some people get upper range from 100mg/week some need 2x that to be at a good level.

I dont know man, the range is 220-850 and on 150mg cyp 25mg proviron and hcg at 250iu 2x per week my levels stay in the 900's, so thats just slightly outta range. I've had them tested numerous times and they were the same. I take 75mg cyp on monday and same on thursday. My father is actually prescribed HRT by a doctor and takes 125mg cypionate and 1.2iu's GH. His levels tested in the high 800's and the dr said its perfectly fine and healthy and to just donate blood every 2months.

Ok, as long as you are happy, Im happy too.

My opinion is that if the normal range is 220-850 and you inject every 3-4 days, the values should range at 300-500. And you should measure your free test index or sth alike, as you are probably having a pretty high free T with 900 in total T. Total T is not the best indicator of the right dosage when the reading are very low or very high, as SHBG varies to the opposite direction.

If you were "natural", you would have had higher levels, lets say around 800, in the am, and lower at night. This is how the body works, naturally. If you inject cyp and you have 900, you have 900 all day and night long, and this is NOT how it is supposed to be.

This constantly higher levels. probably, give some sort of extra strong stimulation to sth. The high hct with the need for blood donation, are probably an effect of this. It is uncommon, for example, to have high hct with testosterone gel daily preparations, which gives you the daily rythm.

I am noy saying in any way that living with a constantly slightly over normal T levels it is going to hurt you, I am just saying that it is not a replacement therapy, it is a sth different. It might even turn out to be healthier, who knows? :)

The effects of such a hormonal manipulation are probably not going to show before years, maybe decades. Therefore the lack of side effects after shorter times is not guarantee that the treatment is safe. If you were 70, probably this would not be so important. If you are 30 or 40, it is. In both directions (nasty and good side effects).

I know that in the US the replacment dosage is higher than in Europe, as the dosage of many other medications, the size of food servings and many other things. If this is just a cultural thing (bigger is better) or has sth to do with biology is actually unknown to me ...

Wallace ;)

Last edited:
Big Bapper thanks for input,do you get asked awkward questions when you give blood and do you use more than one blood bank? hope you dont mind me asking all this, richie.

Primo is actually better than deca for rebuilding muscle tissue Love the stuff i

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws