over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prison muscle

It depends on the state, but most don't have weights anymore. Inmates do lots of bodyweight movements. Dips,chins,pushups. And they add resistance by another person applying bodyweight like sitting on your shoulders for squats....and by making weight bags out of clothing filled with dirt

Yeah, forgot how resourceful they can be. I remember watching some videos on that. So weights are gone from most now, that's what I thought. I guess they are still able to grow though.

Yeah, forgot how resourceful they can be. I remember watching some videos on that. So weights are gone from most now, that's what I thought. I guess they are still able to grow though.

If were being honest I don't know if grow is the right term. There are very few inmates who most of us would consider very large or heavily muscled. But there are lots of them who are very lean, very well conditioned, and pretty strong. Lack of protein and weights makes it difficult to add much muscle

And for all you who don't think they eat good. Here is a sample of federal prison system. Add snacks they get from family or buy from Canteen and they eat good. I can tell you California prison systems feed them better them a lot of people in this state.

Exactly, male prisoners in California get 3,500 calories per day. So if you train 1-2 hours per day, and sit on your butt for 22 and get 3500 cals a day, you put yourself in a prime growing environment.

It depends on the state, but most don't have weights anymore. Inmates do lots of bodyweight movements. Dips,chins,pushups. And they add resistance by another person applying bodyweight like sitting on your shoulders for squats....and by making weight bags out of clothing filled with dirt
Well I've always heard that exercises where your actually moving your body + extra weight through space were some of the most effective.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Where are these studies or you pulling it out your ass like they bring drugs in there? :D

Lol, no, not pulling it out of my ass, I actually read this. I agree, they smuggle in steroids, but the study I read stated that men had a higher chance of going to prison when their testosterone was higher. I will say when I run my T higher, I do not turn into a criminal, but I ain't taking any shit either. LOL. If someone wants to fight, I'll fight. I just standup for myself faster when I'm running the T higher. So I get the reasoning behind it. Just more likely for myself to end up in some bad situation. Not that I am a criminal, it just raises the odds I think.

Prison is still not a place I would want to go to have to train. Years ago, they talked about taking away weights in prisons and I think they did in many. Guys get crazy creative in there how they do their workouts.

Last edited:
Well I've always heard that exercises where your actually moving your body + extra weight through space were some of the most effective.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Most effective to a point....but progressive resistance becomes a problem when there’s only so many ways to add weight to a body weight exercise

Well if your small to begin with before going to prison I could see how one might get bigger for sure. But to be a already big jacked guy before going in and come out better, no way unless someone sliding you some dbol tabs in the joint.

If you guys remember ADJOS. I knew him on a personal level and saw him before he left for prison, when he got out and just before he died. He went from jacked to being kinda of a chunky with some muscle underneath after serving his year and half sentence. But he quickly got back what he lost once he was free again. So some of you can believe what you want, but there is definitely no magic or secret formula to getting huge here.

Back in the "old days" we actually had to write research papers...when finishing my master's program in behavioral disorders I spent 100+ hours writing a paper on this topic...for you younger guys I would suggest just googling "criminal behavior and extra chromosome."...

Testosterone does not make you more violent or a murderer. Social conditions and enviroment do it. Robert Sapolsky has magnificent works on the behavior of baboons, who are extremely unpleasant and violent among them.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UMyTnlaMY"]Why hierarchy creates a destructive force within the human psyche (by dr. Robert Sapolsky) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTveviNeZo"]baboons - YouTube[/ame]

Most effective to a point....but progressive resistance becomes a problem when there’s only so many ways to add weight to a body weight exercise

Yeah....definitely wouldn't want to be in that spot where I'm asking guys to "pile on"! :D

Interesting to say the least as I have been raised in an environment where almost everyone goes in at some point for something or another and I've noticed one of two things,

They become super smart lawyers that are thick as sh!t or they come out worse then when they went in and get hooked on drugs in the joint and come out looking hurt.

But on another note prisoners are VERY innovative, I mean they have nothing but time to use there energy toward whatever motivates them in there. All I know is If I ever lost access to weights, grab me a trash bag add some water and I can show you a full body workout lol.

Back in the "old days" we actually had to write research papers...when finishing my master's program in behavioral disorders I spent 100+ hours writing a paper on this topic...for you younger guys I would suggest just googling "criminal behavior and extra chromosome."...

I think you are referring to XXY? Forget what they call the condition.

I think you are referring to XXY? Forget what they call the condition.

xxy is klinefelter syndrome which is much different than xyy which really doesn't typically have any noticeable effects. Klinefelter essentially makes men show effects of femininity. low test levels, breast tissue growth, mall testicles.etc

xxy is klinefelter syndrome which is much different than xyy which really doesn't typically have any noticeable effects. Klinefelter essentially makes men show effects of femininity. low test levels, breast tissue growth, mall testicles.etc

Oops, I meant to say XYY. I think that is the condition he is referring to. Think Ive read that there are studies that show those individuals are over represented in the prison population. Just did a short search on the net and it still looks like we don't know if the condition is linked to criminal behavior or not. It looks like more research says no rather than yes. https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=72161

This law article though argues that the condition should be allowed to be used as an insanity defense. Sounds crazy to me. This was published back in 1992 which is when I graduate college, and this is the kind of thing I was hearing in my classes. http://digitalcommons.lmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1743&context=llr

Could be a different opinion now amongst scholars.

Last edited:
Oops, I meant to say XYY. I think that is the condition he is referring to. Think Ive read that there are studies that show those individuals are over represented in the prison population.

It would make sense. The main symptoms of xyy are increased growth and learning disabilities and behavioral problems. most people aren't even aware that they have it

After prison riots a lot of the prisons got rid of weights, I thought most did. Maybe I am thinking of only the max security?

In 1996 Federal law changed to not allow the purchase of anymore weights, weight machines, etc.. But it didn't ban the use of them, so basically any federal facility built after 1996 has none of this equipment and those that do have it don't replace it, so some older facilities I know still have it. You wouldn't want to be the guy in a max that breaks something because it won't get replaced and you definitely just made some enemies. But as a previous poster points out, prisoners are resourceful, and they find all kinds of ways around this, especially at lower level security facilities. States are different though....some followed the Feds and others have their own rules.

In 1996 Federal law changed to not allow the purchase of anymore weights, weight machines, etc.. But it didn't ban the use of them, so basically any federal facility built after 1996 has none of this equipment and those that do have it don't replace it, so some older facilities I know still have it. You wouldn't want to be the guy in a max that breaks something because it won't get replaced and you definitely just made some enemies. But as a previous poster points out, prisoners are resourceful, and they find all kinds of ways around this, especially at lower level security facilities. States are different though....some followed the Feds and others have their own rules.

Ok.1996 must have been when that prison riot broke out. I know in that prison that they removed all the weights. Others around there did too I think. Sounds like each state did their own thing as far as what to do with the preexisting gym equipment.

Ok.1996 must have been when that prison riot broke out. I know in that prison that they removed all the weights. Others around there did too I think. Sounds like each state did their own thing as far as what to do with the preexisting gym equipment.

Youre talking about the prison riot at pelican bay. Mexican mafia. Its what the movie American me is loosely based on

I did not read all the posts but here are the real facts.
They got rid of most weights in state prisons. Most Federal prisons have very nice gyms. All jails have very good machine shops to repair the equipment.
Everyone in jail can buy all the extra protein you want. The prison stores carry protein bars, beef jerky, tuna, etc. You just need money in your account which either comes from your job inside or your family and friends outside. Also you can always get extra beef, chicken, eggs etc. from the kitchen. Either buy it from your friends who work there, or get a job in the kitchen.
Please get your facts right.

I donated a few years of my life awhile back and got the pleasure of doing a bit of traveling due to being related to a POS gang member.
Anyways, never saw a single steroid - lots of rec drugs all around.
I didn't put on much muscle but didn't really lose any either. Would say I was more dense though. Workout were the only outlet, typically whole body 6 days a week - would hit some parts harder than others depending on soreness/pain. Otherwise life in there sucked - absolutely no rest or relaxation. Always having to watch you are your brothers backs, shitty food, constant stress from home, sleeping on a 2 inch thick piece of wornout foam, and at least one once a week some asshole would be screaming at night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity