over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pro bodybuilders with bicep tears

whoremoan

Registered
what bodybuilders have torn biceps and continued to successfully compete?

I vaguely remember CBUM tearing his many years ago, i might be wrong but i can only find stuff on his latest bicep injury
but before that both biceps look great on him so either he has a really good surgeon or he didnt tear it before that

is there any others? or is a bicep tear a gameover for competing?

Bicep tear or torn/detached tendon? Big difference!

Bicep tear or torn/detached tendon? Big difference!
I believe it was you that posted once, that when they tear it's less of an accute thing, but rather something that happens over time and eventually snaps?

Bicep tear is one I always worry about. I'll take triceps, delts, back to failure but on things like drag, preacher curls I'm hesitant.

your right

distal tear, so tendon tear

I think anyone who has a tendon reattached will be fine. A tear to the actual muscle belly or not reattaching the tendon would be very visible.

I have a partially torn left, distal bicep tendon going on roughly 6 years now...keeps hanging on.

I also tear completely my left biceps distal tendon.
I got surgery to reconnect it and after approx one year i was returned to full gym exercises.

Antoine Vaillant
He has torn both. He said it was from Rec drugs though because meth dries you out like crazy and makes you prone to muscle tears.
Not true - I know at least the second bicep tear occurred when he was helping to move equipment in the gym.

Antoine Vaillant, Dorian Yates, Branch Warren, Brad Rowe, Calum Von Moger, Peter Klancir, Chris Bumstead, Jon De La Rosa, Nathan De Asha - tons of pro bodybuilders have torn their biceps. It's clearly not a game over for competing.

Not true - I know at least the second bicep tear occurred when he was helping to move equipment in the gym.

Antoine Vaillant, Dorian Yates, Branch Warren, Brad Rowe, Calum Von Moger, Peter Klancir, Chris Bumstead, Jon De La Rosa, Nathan De Asha - tons of pro bodybuilders have torn their biceps. It's clearly not a game over for competing.

Right, but the meth possibly made his ligaments, tendons, and connective tissues more vulnerable to rupture

Only speculating of course

And apparently Jon Delorosa tore his playing with his dog.. pretty wild

Makes you wonder if these guys load up their arms with so many site injections that the integrity of the muscle becomes compromised

Not sure why you are saying not true? I don’t doubt he hurt it moving things but per Antoine himself he states being in a dehydrated state made him more prone to muscle tears. I am not saying he tore his biceps lifting a meth pipe to light it up.

I have a left torn bicep, you train hard enough, long enough you are going to tear some muscles

Not sure why you are saying not true? I don’t doubt he hurt it moving things but per Antoine himself he states being in a dehydrated state made him more prone to muscle tears. I am not saying he tore his biceps lifting a meth pipe to light it up.
I said 'not true' because methamphetamine's effects are acute, not chronic. To my knowledge his first bicep tear didn't occur during his addiction days and the second definitely didn't, so it makes no sense that meth would've dried him out and caused him to tear a muscle.

I
I have a left torn bicep, you train hard enough, long enough you are going to tear some muscles
I have a torn left bicep as well. Causes me much more problems training back than biceps.
Curious how have you revised your training to account for bicep tear?

I

I have a torn left bicep as well. Causes me much more problems training back than biceps.
Curious how have you revised your training to account for bicep tear?
Nope

I’m not a pro bodybuilder but I fully detached my distal bicep abs had it reattached over ten years ago and have no limitations from it. It’s a tad bit shorter after surgery but no one even notices but me.

I said 'not true' because methamphetamine's effects are acute, not chronic. To my knowledge his first bicep tear didn't occur during his addiction days and the second definitely didn't, so it makes no sense that meth would've dried him out and caused him to tear a muscle.
I am not saying you are incorrect in your assessment just repeating what Antoine stated he thought contributed to it. I have no idea though may have been many factors.

I had extremely minor grade 1 muscle tear in the biceps muscle from flys. It healed quickly but I had a slight tight feeling in it afterwards for some time even doing stretches and mobility work daily but it seemed to finally heal 100% after taking a good amount of tb 500. I know bumstead tore his this way as well as platz.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws