over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pro bodybuilders with bicep tears

I think anyone who has a tendon reattached will be fine. A tear to the actual muscle belly or not reattaching the tendon would be very visible.

I have a partially torn left, distal bicep tendon going on roughly 6 years now...keeps hanging on.
i was the under impression from other posts on bicep tears posts that everyone is left with the 'gap' from the muscle rolling up arm
is this not true ? or is it just due to the muscle atrophy from the injury and not being able to train for 4-6 months?
or is it just not very noticeable to my untrained eye? especially with antoine, i cannot tell he tore his bicep tendon at all from his latest pic, others i can see the gap, but thats usually people 1 month or so after surgery so they dont really count

i was the under impression from other posts on bicep tears posts that everyone is left with the 'gap' from the muscle rolling up arm
is this not true ? or is it just due to the muscle atrophy from the injury and not being able to train for 4-6 months?
or is it just not very noticeable to my untrained eye? especially with antoine, i cannot tell he tore his bicep tendon at all from his latest pic, others i can see the gap, but thats usually people 1 month or so after surgery so they dont really count
Lee priest and jay cutler had ruptures repaired. Hard to tell

Yes, the muscle shortens and you have a gap. The gap will remain if you don't have the tendon re-attached. If it is re-attached, then it shouldn't be noticeable.

I think a lot more BB have torn their biceps than we know. I heard Dexter Jackson did as well but its not well know. I thought I learned about that with some sort of Antoine video or something. Jay tore his proximally. Antoine did the first while lift an object while his gym was under construction. He tore the other while relapsing and said his main problem was the drugs and less so the bicep injury. Larry Wheels tore his proximally too. Sorry, that was all over the place.

I think a lot more BB have torn their biceps than we know. I heard Dexter Jackson did as well but its not well know. I thought I learned about that with some sort of Antoine video or something. Jay tore his proximally. Antoine did the first while lift an object while his gym was under construction. He tore the other while relapsing and said his main problem was the drugs and less so the bicep injury. Larry Wheels tore his proximally too. Sorry, that was all over the place.
Yep, Jackson's tear was 1-2 years before he retired. It wasn't super noticeable but you could see some swelling and inflammation in his shots from the Olympia that year.

Platz appears to have a noticeable gap between the bicep and the bicep looks noticeably smaller on one side. This was many years ago though and surgical techniques not like today.

Attachments

• B954A39A-73D5-4397-A5D7-FFE5641036C3.jpeg
    B954A39A-73D5-4397-A5D7-FFE5641036C3.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 15
Platz appears to have a noticeable gap between the bicep and the bicep looks noticeably smaller on one side. This was many years ago though and surgical techniques not like today.

I think it's just that position/angle. I don't ever remember hearing about Platz tearing a bicep...doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.

One of the most famous is Dorian! Many thought it was controversial that he won the O that year.

Dorian Dbl Bi Torn Bi.jpg

I think it's just that position/angle. I don't ever remember hearing about Platz tearing a bicep...doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.
No, I’m pretty sure platz tore his…he was my favorite lifter when I first started in the 80’s and I seem to remember reading about it…

No, I’m pretty sure platz tore his…he was my favorite lifter when I first started in the 80’s and I seem to remember reading about it…

Yes, you're correct. I found an article that mentioned it...

"However, Tom tore his right biceps some time after his 1981 Mr Olympia third place to Franco Columbu and Chris Dickerson, a contest some say Tom should have won."

1685959588819.jpeg

This beautiful bastard tore both biceps I believe, and looked better as a result!! Lol some of the best arms in the history of the sport! LEGEND 🙌🏾

This beautiful bastard tore both biceps I believe, and looked better as a result!! Lol some of the best arms in the history of the sport! LEGEND 🙌🏾
Vince Taylor was amazing. I feel he doesn't get brought up much but he was like Dextor Jackson before Dextor Jackson in the fact he didn't age.

One of the most famous is Dorian! Many thought it was controversial that he won the O that year.
I know Shawn ray was very upset he was beat by a post bicep tear Dorian. Also the one year Nasser was on point and Dorian still persevered. They say Dorian looked nuts in person as far as a granite looking skin and that is what gave him the win. Idk.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear