over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pro boxers and Condition

HUTCH

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I was watchin the Gatti VS. Baldomir fight last night and they had a segement on How Gatti did all this weight training and strict dieting to move up to a welterweight...He did look a lil bigger but he still looks to be like 12 percent bodyfat at least...You cant even see his abs..I know they dont train for looks but I was wondering how they arent just ripped to shred with all the training and dieting they do...Most boxers arent really that lean or even really muscular at all..I would think they would be cut up just with all the cardio and dieting to make weight they do...just curious to see if anyone else notices this...Now there are some guys that are muscular and ripped but very few, Jeff Lacy for example...

HUTCH said:
I was watchin the Gatti VS. Baldomir fight last night and they had a segement on How Gatti did all this weight training and strict dieting to move up to a welterweight...He did look a lil bigger but he still looks to be like 12 percent bodyfat at least...You cant even see his abs..I know they dont train for looks but I was wondering how they arent just ripped to shred with all the training and dieting they do...Most boxers arent really that lean or even really muscular at all..I would think they would be cut up just with all the cardio and dieting to make weight they do...just curious to see if anyone else notices this...Now there are some guys that are muscular and ripped but very few, Jeff Lacy for example...
if gatti did have any abs it would have been at weigh ins, by fight time he has put on some 10-30 pounds of water! they train for performance not look. if you were trying to be your best in the gym on a given day you wouldn't be all ripped up and dry, you would be super hydrated and full as hell to get the best workout!

There is dieting and then there is bodybuilding dieting. From what I've seen bodybuilders seem to take it to another level, beyond any other sport I've been involved in. Another big thing is like b-boy said, you want to be 100 percent in training. Most fighters would rather eat too much and drop water weight the day before a fight. The alternative, not eating enough, can find your running out of gas in the gym, and getting your ass kicked....

hutch.. i know what you are talking about.. i said the same thing at the last ufc fight.. how can these guys grapple, weight train, cardio ect and not be in single digit bodyfat??.they are training 7 hours a day in one way or another.. some have quite a bit of fat around the waist ect.. but, it might be the fact that the human body can adapt to anything and make it easier .. therefore less calories burned.. i have a friend who is a mail carrier.. he walks up to 12 to 15 miles a day.. with a pack on.. and is still heavy.. he told me that he lost 25 pounds when he first stated.. then as the years went by he started to gain all the weight back and then some.. kinda odd but, you can look around yo and see the same thing in other professions..:confused:

It just goes to show you, it's not really too much about the cardio. I personally don't believe in cardio for getting lean. I think intense weight training and diet cause leanness, not cardio. Lots of androgens and anti-e's don't hurt either.

BigBoyJ said:
It just goes to show you, it's not really too much about the cardio. I personally don't believe in cardio for getting lean. I think intense weight training and diet cause leanness, not cardio. Lots of androgens and anti-e's don't hurt either.

Yup Yup Yup

LATS said:
hutch.. i know what you are talking about.. i said the same thing at the last ufc fight.. how can these guys grapple, weight train, cardio ect and not be in single digit bodyfat??.they are training 7 hours a day in one way or another.. some have quite a bit of fat around the waist ect.. but, it might be the fact that the human body can adapt to anything and make it easier .. therefore less calories burned.. i have a friend who is a mail carrier.. he walks up to 12 to 15 miles a day.. with a pack on.. and is still heavy.. he told me that he lost 25 pounds when he first stated.. then as the years went by he started to gain all the weight back and then some.. kinda odd but, you can look around yo and see the same thing in other professions..:confused:

That is a PERFECT answer and I dont know why I didnt think about this before...I think you hit that one on the head...

BigBoyJ said:

I think your right about cardio..I think it should be used more as something extra to get lean or lose weight but not something you should rely on...

Diet

I would think it all has to do with diet. These guys are training for abs, they're training for power and endurance. If they have too low a bodyfat percentage they aren't going to have much left in reserve for the long bouts, which burn lots of fat. And the water is also beneficial so they don't dehydrate.

By the way, Gatti got his ass beat. Too bad he resorted to bouncing his ass around the ropes and acting like a smart ass. Props to Baldomir and I hope he gets to fight Mayweather.

It all depends on genetics also. There are many fighters who are just naturally lean and have abs and are naturally at the weight they fight at. Anyone watching the new season of the Contender? The dude K-9 is very muscular and ripped.
They said Baldomir walks around at 187 when not fighting at 147 so who knows how much weight these guys gain when they hydrate if these weight classes are not thier natural wieght.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131