over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pro card now vs 90's

E.J.

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just talking to a guy about Dave Palumbo. I realized that he never did turn pro. I'm thinking take him in his prime and put him on stage at any national show today and he'd run away with it, right? The number of freaks back then were numerous.

Can somebody post a pic of him in his prime and say a pic or two of the most recent guys to turn pro?

Is this a change in judging criteria? Like to see what u guys think.

Dave's body isn't proportional or symetrical which is why he never won that pro card IMO. He seems to be doing fine nowadays though with all his sponsorships and businesses.

Huge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 848
Not so huge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 654
Wow. Hasn't seen him in a while. Looks frail almost. Wonder if he's healthy?

At one time he was a very lean 300lbs his waist was always quite large but he ate massive amounts of food to attain that 300

From what I understand hes a smallish dude but he did an impressive job getting quite large!

One helluva responder. He was a true mass monster. Always nice too

i've seen a lot of bodybuilders but dave was one of the leanest at 300 i ever saw. saw him at a booth one year shoveling mc donalds french fries down and when he leaned on table his triceps had striations at well over three hundred pounds. was very patient when being asked questions by complete idiots. some guy rambled off everything he was eating and taking but said couldn't gain weight and dave's response was simply double everything he was doing. he just seemed to truly love bodybuilding.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRuUD_sqMYQ]300+lb Dave Palumbo and Jimmy the Bull Pellechia Train Back at Bev Francis Gym in 1997!. - YouTube[/ame]

One helluva responder. He was a true mass monster. Always nice too

He was a long distance runner in college, probably a buck thirty soaking wet. I would bet a sheckle or two that he didn't put on 130 lbs of stage weight on less than a gram (probably more like 5+ grams) no matter what dosage crap he or anyone spews about him.

As far as newest pro, you've got Kevin Jordan, and Akim Williams who won 2 last overalls.

I see that video and then I think about the videos that Wynn puts up. So and so 3 weeks out from national and so and so 2 weeks out and I'm thinking wow. Palumbo would crush these guys. Where r the palumbos of today. The freaks that still aren't good enough to turn pro??

Guess times have changed.

Any body hear of Palumboism?

he went from looking great to complete devistation(growing a huge ass gut)

he went from looking great to complete devistation(growing a huge ass gut)

Yea that seems to be the case. If u google Palumboism u get a ton of info. I'm not sure if its a legit condition or just something our community has made up to describe certain physiques.

i've seen a lot of bodybuilders but dave was one of the leanest at 300 i ever saw. saw him at a booth one year shoveling mc donalds french fries down and when he leaned on table his triceps had striations at well over three hundred pounds. was very patient when being asked questions by complete idiots. some guy rambled off everything he was eating and taking but said couldn't gain weight and dave's response was simply double everything he was doing. he just seemed to truly love bodybuilding.
300+lb Dave Palumbo and Jimmy the Bull Pellechia Train Back at Bev Francis Gym in 1997!. - YouTube

Yeah, he said he lived off the value menu.

Yeah, he said he lived off the value menu.

Speaking of the value menu, the guy I was talking to about Palumbo claims to have been at a booth at the Arnold classic with Greg Kovac. They sent out for a food run to McDonald's at some point. Greg ordered and ate 10 Big Mac's. Impressive if its true.

Last edited:
Dave really made a great business for himself,i am sure many people didn't think he would be successful as he is since he didn't finish out college.

I think alot of his issue was he got caught with gear or selling gear and it gave him a bad name so the sport didnt want that bad look.

I think alot of his issue was he got caught with gear or selling gear and it gave him a bad name so the sport didnt want that bad look.

got caught with gear and GH and the growth turned out to be fake that he was selling....:naughty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyafK-R9V4]Dave Palumbo 2003 - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear