over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pro Card

they just dont know

ive been training for thew past 7 years, and just got serious with bodybuilding the past 2, i had my first contest last year and got smoked bad, so i trained all year harder , ate cleaner and foud this board and a few others too, that really helped, anyway, i stepped onstage this year at the same show and blew it out. its a good show (local) with some good talent. but i guess people are just dumb or ignorant and just dont know what it takes to reach the pro level, people will ask oh you won that show, what are you gonna do now, try to go pro? i just look at them like wtf? and im only a middle weight, yeah let me strap on an extra hundred pounds real quick and ill go pro next month!! or youll just get done with your competition and some one will ask "so whens the next one?" people dont understand the stess of competition at the local level, so im sure they cant even fathom what a daily regime of a pro would be like, so for Phil although i am nowhere near your level as a competitor i can definitly see where you are coming from

DOK

I am sorry

I didnt mean to upset anyone here, I am just tired of guys at my gym telling me that they are going to get their pro card next year, and what pro show they are going to do after they win the nationals. Dont they realize that they have to beat guys like Dave Palumbo, Toney Freeman, etc??? THese guys have no idea what it is like to even have to stand next to Dave Palumbo, let alone beat him.

hmm, i was thinking about getting my pro card next week, i figure what the hell, i might as well get it, nothing better to do.... just kiddin hehe

JW

Like everyone has already mentioned...you have to be realistic. I know guys that would give their left nut to be a pro. They train,eat,sleep and take the supps just like a pro does, but they don't have what it takes to make it. I also have a buddy that finally got his pro card a few years back at Nationals and hasn't competed since. He said he'll never be a threat to anyone on the pro stage and he's accomplished what he wanted, so why bust your ass and spend all that money to place last?

interesting post

I am realist and franky just want to complete nationaly before i hit the big 40( i have a few years to go). Most of us here who work 9-5 make more than 99% of pro bbers. Unless someone is going to be top 5 or so in the world, I have no idea how the rest get by, live in places like LA, buy the food and drugs, and still be able to live somewhere. I agree that you need goals, but ppl have to keep things in prespective.

Re: .

JustWannaBeHuge said:
hmm, i was thinking about getting my pro card next week, i figure what the hell, i might as well get it, nothing better to do.... just kiddin hehe

JW

LMFAO, nice one bro!!

Hey Phil--
I definitely know where you are going with this one and by and large a lot of bros have an unrealistic view of where they are at and what it takes--hell we are talking about being just about the best in the nation and even one of the best in the world to achieve a US National title--this is the cream of the crop abd then some

I personally have posted on the boards a couple of times that i will get my pro card next year and i do believe this is realistic although i am no fool and assume it is a gimme or anything, but i have done that to put pressure on myself and motivate myself to an even more extreme degree than ever and basically i bet i will be going to lengths some would not even dream of to ensure this

i know if i bring in the package i am capable of which should be no prob as long as i stay healthy i will no doubt be seriously in the running, but you never know who will show up or in what condition--some years guys kinda get through and are really not so hot , others you got your Levrones and such

btw, no disrepsect to them but i do not predict much or at least for a while for Freeman or Ntiforo (needs like 25-30 lbs more easy) and i have stood next to Palumbo and well, let's just say i see no real obstacle there

also i know most of us are eager to see you on stage again as you can probably do some damage and were dealt a shitty hand so a little good fortune is hopefully due ya--gotta show in mind for a comeback debut???

best regards/instynct

For a pro card u need a whoooooole lot of luck, and Talent. That's all there is 2it.
It's funny how many people will argue with me about the Boat-Load of Luck part, but frankly, that's what u need for a callout.

no Renegade you need the package of course first , but ya kinda have to have 'sponsor' or 'in' to make sure you are well noticed

politics, not luck per se is at play a bit here (OK a lot, lol)

I hate be be a smarty here

I wish BIG A, KIWI, and especially PHIL would be honest about how much politics goes on at the pro level. I know I always sound like I am tootin my own horn but I know quite a few pros and most still have a passion to compete but they either burned their bridges or know they are not the chosen ones even though they have similar physiques.

EXAMPLES Craig Titus, Shawn RAY, Priest and I guarantee you that Cutler has pissed off quite a few people in the Weider organization so he'll be lucky to ever win the big one.
It''s just the way it is and why it sucks.

BTW LATS you and I sound like we had similar paths and both choose the same direction.:p

hey fathead, good to hear it. i know we choose the right path. :D

Well, I guess some could call it luck....the political aspect. I call it the number one excuse people give for losing. Its alot easier than looking in the mirror and seeing reality. Truth is politics do play a role, but they wont win you the show. Not really luck, it is definitley something you have control of, should be aware of, and need to include in your pre-contest planning and progression from show to show.

Sean Ray has definitely suffered from poor political standing. He in my opinion is one of the best ever but is a Grade A Asshole as well. That never gets you anywhere! Cutler is good enough that he can afford presently to speak his mind. Weider was practically begging him to do the O. He went so far as to ask Jay what he had to do to get him to compete. Jay's response was "Fire Wayne Demilia". Funny thing is Joe actually pondered it for a bit.....gotta love it!

JDog said:
Jay's response was "Fire Wayne Demilia". Funny thing is Joe actually pondered it for a bit.....gotta love it!

The day that happens, I will declare a Meathead holliday. I can't STAND the SOB.

I AM A DREAMER, SORRY, BUT I GOING TO TAKE MY PRO CARD IN THE NEXT SHOW........

I WAS FIGHTING THE FIRST PLACE IN THE VENEZUELAN NATIONALS AND CARIBBEANAS CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH THE NEW PRO ERWIN MARQUEZ AND WE ARE GOOD FRIENDS SINCE 1996, HE MAKE HIS DREAM, NOW HE IS MAKING MORE MONEY HAVE GOOD EXPONSORS, MAIBE HE IS NOT THE BEST FOR NOW, BUT HES NEW DREAM IS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LINE...

YAXENI ORIQUEN, BETTY VIANA AND FANI BARRIOS COMES FROM VENEZUELA TOO, THEY ARE MY FRIENDS, AND WITHOUT MONEY AND EXPONSORS, JUST WITH THE DREAM TO BE THE BEST..LOOK AT THEM IN THE OLYMPIA, THEY ARE THE BEST NOW.

I GOING TO COMPETE IN THE CARIBBEANS AND THE IBEROAMERICAN CHAMPIONCHIPS, BOUTH SHOWS GIVE YOU THE PRO CARD AND !!!! I GOING TO WIN MY PRO CARD NEXT YEAR!!!!!
I AM COMPETING IN US TOO.
HEY PHIL ARENT YOU A DREAMER????? EVERYBODY IS.....

AND REMEMBER......
........THERE IS NO SPACE FOR THE LITTLES!!!!!!!!!

BIGHEINZ

Phil I know exactly what you are saing though this is really below the level your speaking of. I know a hand-full of guys that after they compete in there first show at 145-175lbs they think that next year they are going to do more shows and yes you always hear that "I'm going to get my pro card nest year". I dunno whats up with these people becuase at there first show they were so small and in there weight class yes they did get in first place for the simple fact that know one else was there?? What goes through these peoples minds? I dunno what dilusions they have? I think its good to dream of that pro-card but in bodybuilding one needs to stay humble. Take every loss and win with stride. From what I hear no one likes a cry-baby. Though this is just what I have gathered becuase I have never competed and currently have no plans to! BB a tough road I have seen many people with bod's that people would kill for and they never made a dime in bodybuilding. So I think when people say there going to go get there pro card and there is no whey in hell the are they just lack experience or they are dilusional or maybe just dumb. Also there are a select few that are actually going to get there pro-card and I wish the best of luck to em. Those people that are better watch out though cause next year I am going to get mine lol j/k

I know Erwin he is a very nice guy , met him last year. Wish you and him all best in the future

kiwi

i am totally not trying to so disrespect

i have so much respect for the pros, they are the guys i want to be, and if i was to just have the attitude "yah whatever if i become pro cool if not whatever" i would never in my life become a pro, it may be an unrealistic goal to be pro, but without that goal i wouldnt have the intense passion to go for it i would be held down, if you want something you follow what you gotta do, you go for it, and if someone says it is unrealistic hell that just gives me more insentive to do the impossible, i understand maybe you feel disrespected by people saying they are getting their pro card, and alot of people say it in a way that is pure attitude and ego, but everyone has to do what they gotta do to accomplish their dream and they are only doing it for themselves, i am not here to comprimise my technique of accomplishing my dream for no one, the moment i do that, i am sacrificing a piece of it, i dont care if everyone is to look at me like i am a total retard, it isnt about everyone else, it is about me, you gotta be completely total with what you want to do, you gotta go for it, and if that means making an idiot of yourself in the process that is what it is about, if i was to be completely logical and realistic i would probably weigh about 155 pounds working in a mill, if i was to not set unrealistic goals there would be no struggle, without struggle there is no accomplishment and no sense of satisfaction.

i am totally not trying to bash everyone here, i am just giving my point of veiw from my side of it and i hope that you understand that is all.

Re: i am totally not trying to so disrespect

anabolic_hippie said:
i have so much respect for the pros, they are the guys i want to be, and if i was to just have the attitude "yah whatever if i become pro cool if not whatever" i would never in my life become a pro, it may be an unrealistic goal to be pro, but without that goal i wouldnt have the intense passion to go for it i would be held down, if you want something you follow what you gotta do, you go for it, and if someone says it is unrealistic hell that just gives me more insentive to do the impossible, i understand maybe you feel disrespected by people saying they are getting their pro card, and alot of people say it in a way that is pure attitude and ego, but everyone has to do what they gotta do to accomplish their dream and they are only doing it for themselves, i am not here to comprimise my technique of accomplishing my dream for no one, the moment i do that, i am sacrificing a piece of it, i dont care if everyone is to look at me like i am a total retard, it isnt about everyone else, it is about me, you gotta be completely total with what you want to do, you gotta go for it, and if that means making an idiot of yourself in the process that is what it is about, if i was to be completely logical and realistic i would probably weigh about 155 pounds working in a mill, if i was to not set unrealistic goals there would be no struggle, without struggle there is no accomplishment and no sense of satisfaction.

i am totally not trying to bash everyone here, i am just giving my point of veiw from my side of it and i hope that you understand that is all.

Let the congregation all stand and give brother hippie a big AMEN! That's just what I'm talking about bro,NONE of the other pros on this board or any other from larry scott on down to ronnie coleman can tell me that they did'nt have that dream of being the "best" and did what it took to get there. My all time famous quote is "If you want what you say you want,then do what you have to do" Dub..

Another point

A lot of you guys getting your pro card next year think that we "pros" are all on these crazy mg. dosages. It isn't about "doing whatever it takes to get there", unless you want to cut your life short.It is about trying hard, doing your best, and letting the chips fall where they may.My opinion is that if you have to dwell on this sport 24/7, take crazy dosages, etc...maybe you are in the wrong sprot, unless of course, you are top 3 at the last nationals.I dont want to stop anyone from dreaming about a "pro card", living for bodybuilding 24/7, taking a plethera of drugs, and staying covered up under all of these clothes looking like a slob and rambling on about getting a "pro card"next year. Just dont be upset when others laugh at you and tell you the truth, which it seems, many aren't being told.

phil----what u just said is soooooooooooooo dam true. my workout partner has these huge synthol injected arms and nothing else. i mean his back is narrow and non-existent, his shoulders are narrow his chest is flat and not even there, his legs are these fat, shapless pieces of garbage. he's just one walking mess....but....heres the but......hes almost 6feet tall and weighs 266lbs and thats his claim to fame. he walks around telling people "well i gained another 2lbs this week and i will have my pro card in 3 years". this guy is soo funny and the guys at the gym just keep blowing smoke up his fat ass. im the only one who tells him that he does look like shit and he will be a pro the second i fuck pamela anderson in her ass!!! why do i work out with him? i dont........ he works out with me because i actually look like a bodybuilder with shape, symetry, size etc....things he doesnt have and he thinks if he works out with me he will have it too...what a clown!!! ohh and im not trying to get a dam pro card!!! this is some pics of me from 7months ago...at 190lbs 5'8" im 260lbs now. dont ask me how i got this big..for some reason the dam gh and test love me....hehehhheheheheh

http://photos.yahoo.com/bigandnat2002

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity