over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pro Card

PHIL HERNON

Banned
I think Big A will agree with me that everytime we turn around we hear someone talking about getting their "Pro card". Why arent these guys realistic? They really need someone to be honest with them and tell them that they are really somewhat dillusional. These guys worship this sport and have no life just to persue a "Pro card". Getting a "Pro card" is for the very elite of the elite, then the fun just begins. Now you have to compete against the top 20 guys in the world. It just makes me laugh to see guys talking about getting their "Pro card" in the next show, when they are really just fooling themselves and being laughed at. Until you finish top 5 in a National show, please dont tell me that you are getting your "Pro card". It is disrespectful to us that some people think that it is just that easy.

I have nothing but respect for all you guys who have actuely made it to the pro status. Its along road to the top, hell my meager goals are still years down the road.

Phil

I can't believe you got a pro card!!!:eek: OH, hold on a sec, I remember now, your that big ass freak I use to look at and dream of being that good. My bad bro! Sorry, everyone can go about their business now. :D

When I think about how I have had to bust my ARSE just to get to the Top 5 National level and the difficulty I have explaining to people the significance of that, I cant imagine the lack of respect the pros receive. People just dont get it....no matter how hard you try to explain or break it down for them. Some people just need to learn the hard way... 35 guys in my weight class were sent packing after pre-judging. 35 guys who I am sure thought they were getting their pro-card. Personally my feet are totally grounded in reality, I know the difficulty and odds I face of ever getting my card. Doesn't mean I am not gonna continue to bust my arse in the pursuit, but you can be sure I haven't bet the farm on it. Even the smallest pro has my utmost respect!

Hmm

In defense of the dreamers, It is nice to dream imagine about becoming a pro, and hell if you say when you get your pro card, 9.99 out of 10 times im like yeah sure, like when a girl says she is going to become president. That is all im saying dream, because it is a great thing.

but then again there are those people who say they will do something and do it regardless even if it kills them. Those people are truely the ones to look out for

Also Phil, YOU would have never gotten your pro card if you did'nt have dreams of being Mr. Olympia now would you? Sometimes the setting of a high goal is the catalyst one needs to drive them towards their goals and i'm sure it was just that dream that every pro on this board had to get them were they are today. So I say let them dream let them speak what they want into exisitance. Encourage them instead of looking down on them. DUB..

I dont think I could ever be a Pro but maybe one day hope to be almost the size of one or at least the size of say like scott steiner from the WWE or Even Triple H size. I know alot of the same people that say they wanna get their pro card probably are not aware of what you guys personal lives are like.

Plus I have been working out for over 19 years of my life and only using AAS for about 5-6yrs with a few interuptions due to military duty and a few injuries. So I know my genetics are not the ultimate best but I know that isnt the ultimate deciding factor but makes life easier..
However for me just eating clean Sun-Thurs is a hard enough job as it is.

I like wathcing and going to the IFBB shows whenever I can though. Since my lifting days I have even had the oppertunity to meet a few pros and train with a few before they have become pro.
Especially from the 80s those guys were so down to earth though compared to todays pros I have met.

I know personally what someone had to do back then to make it so now I can only imagine. But the bigger the freakier the badder
man just is badd azz and keeps me motivated.

Your post Phil reminds me of the people that say ah I could be that big if I took roids to. Yeah then they guzzle their beer and smoke and lay on their fat azzez eating chips and crap all week. Losers. Later >MM

I have a pro card. It's in pie eating, but...

I can understand what Phil is saying. Dreams are one thing, saying one day youd love to be a pro...
But I think he is talking about the guys who, matter of factly,
say 'Im getting my pro card' as if its in their hand, no problem,
easy as pie.
I know a guy who comes to our gym some, was a state champ.
Big a cut, he is a top guy IN OUR GYM. Then he did the Nationals.
When I asked him how it went, he said "I got smoked"-probably thats what it takes to drop these guys down a few notches to reality.

Yea, but getting smoked can make you do one of two things. Give up, quit, throw-in the towel or make you want to train harder (do the things it's gonna take) so you can be at the top.

xcel

xcelbeyond said:
Yea, but getting smoked can make you do one of two things. Give up, quit, throw-in the towel or make you want to train harder (do the things it's gonna take) so you can be at the top.

xcel

That's what makes the diference between winners and loosers in a race for a professional carreer.
I guess what Phil is trying to say is that there are lots of bodybuilders out there who don't have a clue what it is and what it takes to be and stay in the best shape you can. All the pressure that it takes, sweat, time, money, health risks, etc.

Many who have competed in "Mr. No significant" shows, that don't even qualify, live this unrealistic dream. OH but there's no way they will use Sust " cause it husts!" or wont take orals "cause it's liver toxic". Or dont do lunges "cause they are hard", or dont stick to a harsh diet for 16 weeks.
THERE ARE NO EXCUSES WHEN YOU COMPETE AND YOU MAKE IT TO TOP LEVEL!.

Many think that the Pro Card will make them famous and rich, right away (HAHAHAHAHAHA !!) Good luck !

And if you compete at the top level and are gifted enough to make it Pro, that's when you realize that it starts all over again.

I have many friends that have a Pro-Card.........in their pocket. For them it was a dream come true (that's it A DREAM) Some of them don't compete anymore, others compete and tie # 25 with 30 other guys around the world. They keep going..............Keep trying (are they winners or loosers?)

I have competed for many years (since I was 14 --31 now--) winning most of my shows, national (not US), and International.
I did my first Pro Qualyfier a few years ago (came in 2nd place)
Going from middle to light heavy to heavy weight, dieting several years "cause you have to be in top shape", shows guest posings, photoshoots.......I bust my ass, like many bro's here to be my best. And always come across people that say (I'ma compete next year....I'ma get me a Pro Card) GOOD LUCK !! Maybe its for sale some where!

Sorry for all that Guys!
It kind of gets to me that some think this is a game for us (an easy one).

Cheers all !
Dieselman

GOOD POSTS.....

I RUN INTO GUYS ALL THE TIME WHO BLOW SMOKE UP THERE OWN ASSES.

THEY TALK, TALK, TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE.......THE SAD THING IS...MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST CASUAL GYM PEOPLE BUY INTO THE BULLSH_T AND ACTUALLY THINK THAT PERSON WHO IS DOING ALL THE TALKING IS AS GOOD AS 'THEY' CLAIM TO BE. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE SEEING WHEN THEY LOOK IN THE MIRROR. IF I WAS A PRO.......I'D GET SICK OF HEARING ALL THE B.S ABOUT 'GETTIN' MY PRO CARD THIS YEAR' AS WELL!

PHIL: GO AHEAD AND VENT! HAHAHAHA

CUT MY BREAK SHORT FOR THIS

I had to reply to this, I know exactly what your talking about Phil because I was one of those guys when I was in my mid twenties. I also had quite a few people blowing smoke up my ass and I was always a realist or at least I think I was. In all my years of competeing I qualified for nationals 4 times and each time I did I wasted all that effort and had to re-qualify because I was afraid to go to that next level but then I spouted all the time I was
going to go pro yet never put that extra effort. I also had the opportunity to know a few pros who once got there told me how much bullshit goes with it. Anybody remember Henderson Thorne, Steve Black, or Rich Grim? Henderson you probably do but the other two were the almosts you never heard of and both had really great physiques. Steve competed in a show and won overall in Houston and at the time Ronnie Coleman was just up and coming and guest posed you would have never believed Ronnie was the pro standing next to him. Steve was 30 lbs heavier and the bro had a good 33 inch quad in competition, we measured his calfs once when he was around 300lbs off season and the were 24" cold. He is just an example of how many of these wanna be pro's fall off the face of the earth and never get their pro card.

I gave up that idea a while back but I still compete just for the fun of it. Even now I think ok I am 36 in 4 yrs I'll be 40 and then I qualify for masters nationals and blah blah and compete in the Masters O and then I stop and think shit by then Ronnie will be to and hell Phil you could too in a few years.

Anyway back to the preggo wife.:eek:

I think getting your pro card is a dream alot of us have. But with me it is a long ass term goal. Many guys do a show and plan to eb pro in a year or so. They dont have realistic goals.
I want to work my way up there and I may never eb a pro but ever day I am in the gym I dream of being one. I am realistic and want to take the steps slowly. Won a local show, now I want to place top 5 in Jr'S then top 5 in USA's then hopefully in the next 5-7 years I will be at a level where I can be a threat to get my pro card. This sport is long term (unless you are Art Atwood) I think being realistic is the best way to go.

Phil-I trained my first couple of years with your pic in my workout journal.

My favorite is when a guy says, Hey alot of people tell me to do a show. :)

i think what phil is saying is that people need to step back every once in a while and take stock in what they have. if you do not realistically have the potential to be a pro , then just admit it and move on. "the truth will set you free". that is not to say that you can not build a physique that would make most of the world envious. you surely can but, to be a pro....lets be real. most will not ever come close. it is like the kid you knew in high school who dominated the basketball court. everyone thought "hey , he could be a pro someday"... then he goes off to the university and sits on the bench... where as you might be good enough to win a state title... the next step is a very tough one. and that is trying to win a national title. it is a monumental leap. now, you then become a pro.... my dad always had a saying "there are only so many seats for all the asses" in other words you only have so much time and so much energy to devote to one thing before life gets in the way... if you do not have the potential to be a pro ..then be honest with yourself. it does not mean that you can not be freaky enough to turn heads where ever you go. i had to make a decision after i won my state title. i took a long look in the mirror and knew that a national title was not in my cards. i did not want to the things it took for me to get to that level. i had a wife and later kids to take care of. (much more important). it does not mean that i do not want to build a great physique. i will keep trying to improve..but, a pro card....not a chance...and it honestly does not bother me. i will try thr jr nationals next time around. i will get a rude awakening i am sure...but, going into it relaxed and not expecting a lot is much more enkoyable an experience. thats not to say that i will not put my heart and soul into trying but, therte are only so many trophys and so many people to give them to and i can not see trying to do it year in and year out....that is just me . i will live those experiences through guys like dpsquat who really want the title and have a good shot at getting it...me..ill be changing diapers waiting for the results.lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws