over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Probably a stupid question: class I and II steroids

Worldsfastestfatty

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey

So recently in other places I've found fleeting references to class I and class II steroids which is something I've not yet come across. Tried searching Google to find out what the classes mean and practical application to stack design but no such joy.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of information explaining what the classes are/mean?

All AAS are classified as class II substances.

Cage

Here’s how the DEA here in the states determined the schedules drugs..

Cage

OP is referring to a classification Bill Roberts popularized 15-20 years ago regarding the strength of the compound in regards to binding with the androgen receptor. Roberts said stuff like eq, primo, var, tren, deca all acted primarily through AR activation, while things like d-bol, drol, Winny, operated through non-ar mediated pathways. Roberts posited that stacking type 1 and 2 compounds gave the best results. Many sycophants parroted this logic and ridiculed people who were running multiple type 1 compounds together. Thankfully common sense and empirical evidence prevailed and Robert's doctrine has largely been forgotten.

I.e, don't waste time worrying about it.

OP is referring to a classification Bill Roberts popularized 15-20 years ago regarding the strength of the compound in regards to binding with the androgen receptor. Roberts said stuff like eq, primo, var, tren, deca all acted primarily through AR activation, while things like d-bol, drol, Winny, operated through non-ar mediated pathways. Roberts posited that stacking type 1 and 2 compounds gave the best results. Many sycophants parroted this logic and ridiculed people who were running multiple type 1 compounds together. Thankfully common sense and empirical evidence prevailed and Robert's doctrine has largely been forgotten.

Ah - brilliant - that'll explain why I can't find any real information about these classes; cause it's nonsense.

To the others - thanks for trying to help; I forget you seppos also use class I and II etc to classify illegal drugs. I should have communicated my question more clearly; but thank you for responding! 😀

No shit? I didn't realize that Bill Roberts was onto this. It's consistent with some evidence actually... Most of the latter drugs mentioned primarily function via AR, but they do indeed have some non-AR targets that affect glucocorticoids, etc.

@Worldsfastestfatty or @Fa Seeshus can you provide a source for these classifications (type 1 & 2, or is it class A & B androgens) from Bill Roberts? Would be grateful.

@Fa Seeshus - found it (Roberts' class I & II androgens). If he actually thinks Tren does not fall into a category of possessing non-AR action (i.e., modulating glucocorticoids [in addition to potent AR action]), his entire model is flawed. And to say that Anadrol (perhaps not directly; but certainly via a principal metabolite I've mention elsewhere) or Dianabol "do not function via the AR" is ludicrious - but they do additionally seem to modulate glucocorticoids. He was onto something (synergy & non-AR mechanisms), but didn't parse it out well at all.

@Worldsfastestfatty is this the same scheme you're referring to?

@Fa Seeshus - found it (Roberts' class I & II androgens). If he actually thinks Tren does not fall into a category of possessing non-AR action (i.e., modulating glucocorticoids [in addition to potent AR action]), his entire model is flawed. And to say that Anadrol (perhaps not directly; but certainly via a principal metabolite I've mention elsewhere) or Dianabol "do not function via the AR" is ludicrious - but they do additionally seem to modulate glucocorticoids. He was onto something (synergy & non-AR mechanisms), but didn't parse it out well at all.

@Worldsfastestfatty is this the same scheme you're referring to?

I only found fleeting references on other forums comments like "an ideal stack will mix class I & II androgens" or "winstrol is a class II androgen and is synergistic with x compound" rather than anything solid or details of what the classes meant - that's why I asked here because I tried Google but still couldn't find a definition.

Yes the class I, II theory seems to have fallen out of favor many years ago.

I only found fleeting references on other forums comments like "an ideal stack will mix class I & II androgens" or "winstrol is a class II androgen and is synergistic with x compound" rather than anything solid or details of what the classes meant - that's why I asked here because I tried Google but still couldn't find a definition.
I'm piecing through his early works, but I can tell you that essentially he viewed class I androgens (e.g., test, boldenone) as those that function via cytosolic AR, class II androgens (e.g., drol, dbol) as those that function via non-cytosolic AR, and winstrol as a sort of hybrid between the two. He believed that combinations of androgens functioning via AR & non-AR mechanisms were synergistic (greater than additive) by functioning via different mechanisms.

It's all consistent with my own view that I really hadn't seen anything aligning with until now. Sure, he errs in identifying (God, how could he NOT?) the discrete mechanisms (e.g., GR modulation) and pathways (but he was onto membrane-bound AR, non-AR lipolytic mechanisms a la anavar, etc.) in full, and in not addressing the metabolite potencies of Anadrol rather than the parent compound, and in dichotomizing the classes, as well as misplacing some compounds. But he was in line with advanced reasoning, shit, 23 years ago.

I'm piecing through his early works, but I can tell you that essentially he viewed class I androgens (e.g., test, boldenone) as those that function via cytosolic AR, class II androgens (e.g., drol, dbol) as those that function via non-cytosolic AR, and winstrol as a sort of hybrid between the two. He believed that combinations of androgens functioning via AR & non-AR mechanisms were synergistic (greater than additive) by functioning via different mechanisms.

It's all consistent with my own view that I really hadn't seen anything aligning with until now. Sure, he errs in identifying (God, how could he NOT?) the discrete mechanisms (e.g., GR modulation) and pathways (but he was onto membrane-bound AR, non-AR lipolytic mechanisms a la anavar, etc.) in full, and in not addressing the metabolite potencies of Anadrol rather than the parent compound, and in dichotomizing the classes, as well as misplacing some compounds. But he was in line with advanced reasoning, shit, 23 years ago.

Thats interesting - would you be able to share where you found his writings? I'd like to learn more

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131