over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Probiotics..Which Ones and How Much???

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
Since around September 2010 I've been having some serious stomach issues. Chronic diarrhea 3-4 days out of the week having a bowel movement 10-15 times per day. No matter what I drink or eat, I'm running to the bathroom 10 minutes later. Ive lost around 20lbs in that period, muscle and fat but wayyy too much weight period. I just had a colonoscopy done and he did a double biopsy on my colon but I'm still wating for those results. I also did an upper GI with barium yesterday and am still waiting on those results too. In the meantime my doctor did suggest that I start using a probiotic immediately. I just stocked up on some Activia and am using a probiotic now that is 10 billion CFU of just one strain, lactobacillus acidophilus. I went to my local vitamin store and was overwhelmed by the selection of probiotics with various strains and different unit dosages. Liquid..tabs..and capsule form. My doctor was pretty vague on which one to use and I'm real desperate to get better. I figured somebody here at PM had to be an expert on the topic so I wanted to get your guys advice on what, when and where so I can go grab exactly what I need. Please fellas and ladies..HELP!!!

I began using Probiotics almost 2 years ago and have noticed a definite improvement in my health. I just got over a cold....The first one in almost two years! No flu or cold in all of that time until now. I use Ultimate '10' Probiotic from The Vitamin Shoppe, 13 billion organisms with fructo-oligosaccharides. It provides: Lactobacillus rhamnosus, L. casei, L. acidophilus, L. plantarum, L. bulgaricus, L. salivarius, Enterococcus faecium, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, B. breve. Fructo-oligosaccharides(FOS) 300mg.

Good luck with those results hopefully it's nothing too serious!

Last edited:
This may sound dumb, but do you or have you started chewing lots of sugar free gum? Its a major laxative, and I had problems till' I figured out that was it. Im sure it isnt, but thought I'd ask

I have read that those that require refrigeration tend to be better quality. I find they are helpful for sure.

probiotics

Primal Defense worked for me. It has like the above about 12 different strains. You take one the first day, 2 the next, 3 the next until you get to 6 or more a day, after about 3 weeks, I had no more GI troubles...that stuff works.

I use to use one called gut health. It worked great but I think they quit making it awhile ago.

I coulda swore I just read a recent thread on here by i think John Meadows-Mountaindog where they talk about probiotics and which ones you should use. I'll see if i can find it.

Are you using T3?

It speeds up bowel activity.

Product I recommend - Innate Response Flora 20/14. You need a physician code to order it, they don't want it in the hands of people/distributors who won't handle it right. If you decide to order, just email me and I will give you a physician code ok..

JM

Product I recommend - Innate Response Flora 20/14. You need a physician code to order it, they don't want it in the hands of people/distributors who won't handle it right. If you decide to order, just email me and I will give you a physician code ok..

JM

What's the price on those?

Depends...

If you like the simplicity/convenience of pills, then the above advice is great...

One thought though- Kefir and Kim Chi... you get high protein and moderate carbs from the kefir (get the low fat, no sugar kind, Trader Joe's brand is EXCELLENT and contains inulin <see's MD1's post mentioned above>) and the KimChi also has numerous benefits besides the beneficial bacteria (natural anti-estrogens, etc).

What's the price on those?

They are not cheap...but you only need 1 a day....and you do get a bit of a discount from the physician code...small one...there are 60 caps - it is around 30$ online and I think I pay around 35-40 direct..I dont trust these online...they need to be refrigerated to work optimally...

jm

They are not cheap...but you only need 1 a day....and you do get a bit of a discount from the physician code...small one...there are 60 caps - it is around 30$ online and I think I pay around 35-40 direct..I dont trust these online...they need to be refrigerated to work optimally...

jm

That isn't too bad. I use jarrows, purtians prides, and swansons brand. Almost all of them need refrigerated.

I guess I need to take the charcoal test to see if their working.

Thanks for answering.

Lots of good ones, Primal Defense Ultra has some very hearty strains, Multidophilus 12 from Solaray, Renew Life makes some very high potencies.

That isn't too bad. I use jarrows, purtians prides, and swansons brand. Almost all of them need refrigerated.

I guess I need to take the charcoal test to see if their working.

Thanks for answering.

90% of the probiotics on the market are useless.

90% of the probiotics on the market are useless.

I will agree that if you have dysbiosis trying to rectify(pun intended) the situation with a run of the mill acidophilus is like trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun, its just not hardy enough to displace the detrimental bacteria. I like Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra due to it's high Saccharomyces boulardii content. It seems to work when other probiotics have failed for my customers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity