over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

program help. off season powerlifting and in season cheerleading

walker11

Registered
hey guys, i was wondering if i could get yall to help with building a program for myself and the one other guy on my cheerleading squad. right now my program is a west-side based program lifting 4 days a week with max effort and dynamic days. but after i do a meet in december (bench only) my team mate and i want to start doing a cheerleading workout that will consist of the powerlifting lifts (squat, bench, and deadlift) and cheer lifts (clean and jerk from knees, db jerk to lib. position, and db snatch, all higher reps). The problem him and i are having is that we don't know how to work the cheer lifts in to a west-side based pragram. what cheer lifts should go on what days? since this is my off season from powerlifting and wont be competing in again untill late May/early June i was thinking of making my dynamic leg day a day for high rep squats, db snatch, and clean and jerk and some accessory leg work. and then moving all the shoulder lifts to my heavy squat day and doing higher weight/lower rep squats or deadlifts then db jerk to lib position, clean and jerk, and barbell jerk along with some other accessory movements for legs. right now i do my bench work (pressing movements, tricep, and shoulder work) on sunday (heavy) and wednesday (dynamic) and i squat/deadlift (squat or dl movement, hip movement, ghr, and back work) heavy on monday and do dynamic work thursday. These are the best days to be lifting since we have team practice monday, tuesday, and thursday, partner stunting practice for an hour or two friday, and have games saturday and coach doesn't want us lifting friday so we will be "fresh" at the game.
I know this is an off-topic sport and probably not what yall are used to giving advice for, but any thoughts or ideas yall have would be deeply appreciated.

where is the chase and how do i cut to it? LOL
whats the question again?

what days should i be doing the cheer lifts? since they don't exactly go with a westside template, should shoulder work go to leg days which is after bench day or keep shoulder work on bench days and do clean and jerk and snatch on seperate from jerk and jerk to lib on leg days?

I'm not framiliar with Westside style ,but I think that I would just swap back and forth between lifting for power and growth and traing for the cheering , like 2 weeks each. I'd also look into some of the Kettle Bell movements that alot of MMA fighters use , and think about the things that might help with cheering.

a realy good frined of mine was a cheerleader for USM and he had the strongest shoulders on anybody we trained with , he always said that doing a good warm up and working the internal muslces of the shoulder were way more important than lifting heavy , he never did realy heavy weigh5t on shoulder presses but could do a shit load of reps , I saw him rep 185lbs for 24 reps once and he only weighed about 200lbs ! I remember he did alot of rotator cuff exercises and streaching. He also worked his core ALOT as well as legs. He would use a 60lb dumbell and do a one handed clean and press from the floor , that always looked realy crazy to me but I suppose their was a reason.
remember you can't have a strong tower without a strong base right , so don't neglect squating.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws