over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

progression when dieting

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When dieting, how many calories do you typically cut per week, or every 2 weeks to keep progress going? Or do you prefer to up hormones, or increase cardio?

im currently eating about 2250 calories per day, doing 5x45 min stepmill per week, and 2 additional HIIT sessions (15 minutes).

Legs are starting to get heavy so I am hesitant to add more cardio.

I was thinking

1. Add winny (using test/tren/mast)

or

2. decrease calories more (was thinking 100 per day?)

or

3. increase sets in the gym, say 8 per week, to burn some more calories. or decrease rest intervals

Or a combination of all 3

Thoughts>

Every 2 weeks, increase cardio and/or reduce calories.

When dieting, how many calories do you typically cut per week, or every 2 weeks to keep progress going? Or do you prefer to up hormones, or increase cardio?

im currently eating about 2250 calories per day, doing 5x45 min stepmill per week, and 2 additional HIIT sessions (15 minutes).

Legs are starting to get heavy so I am hesitant to add more cardio.

I was thinking

1. Add winny (using test/tren/mast)

or

2. decrease calories more (was thinking 100 per day?)

or

3. increase sets in the gym, say 8 per week, to burn some more calories. or decrease rest intervals

Or a combination of all 3

Thoughts>

do one at a time, not all together

1. good option
2. you will not see improvement in close time frame. 100cals is not enough to substantially increase fat loss. go for 150-200.
3. not good option imo. when on diet the recovery is important and since food is not at its highest the recovery is an issue. the other options are better
4. another (future)option is to add fatburners - clen t3 and keep everything the same

3. not good option imo. when on diet the recovery is important and since food is not at its highest the recovery is an issue. the other options are better/QUOTE]

Totally agree!

Training is priority when dieting

I try to keep calories higher on certain days like legs and back, and lower on say a rest day.

Refeed or cheat meal when performance decreases in the gym (NOT to do when you're really out of shape).

And embrace the fact that some days you look great, and others not so much. Just as long as you're headed in the right direction :)

My recommendations:

I think increasing AAS is better suited for a growing phase, not cutting - more drugs won't magically make your suffering easier, if anything you'll just have more side effects and feel worse.

The StepMill sucks, I don't know why it's so popular. It kills your legs quicker than any other form of cardio. I prefer an elliptical. As long as you're nailing your calorie burn, the cardio machine doesn't matter.

HIIT is not a good idea when deep in a diet, you're just wearing yourself down more.

Don't increase sets to burn more calories - the extra calorie burn from more sets is negligible and will just hinder recovery.

Just keep cutting your calories, consume 100-200 less each day this week than you did the prior week. I ended my last diet around 1,200 calories at 201lbs. and 7% body fat. You likely don't need as many calories as you think.

Wait what? Ppl just automatically just cut calls every 2 weeks just because they’re cutting?

If your diet and cardio are working, why mess with your diet?
I typically go by scale weight. I weigh every Sunday after I pee, if I lose weight; I stick to my diet, if not I drop 100 cal or increase cardio.

Increasing gear dosing doesn’t usually work. you’re already up 5 sessions; start dropping cals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. There's no reason to add a drug or cut cals lower or increase volume unless progress has stopped.

2. What is the goal of this cut? Look better? Competition?
How many jumps have you had down in calories already? anything below 2500 is pretttyyy low.

3. What's your cycle now? Any fat burners?

I'm at 2250 cals per day, feeling good.

I meant to say what should I do to spur progress, should it stop. If progress is going fine I keep things the same. Goal is to get thr last bit of fat off but I do not compete but want to do things just as a competitor would minus peaking for an actual show

I have read that competitors typically increase dosages as they cut cals in order to fight off possible muscle loss, and drugs like winny and tren, not test and dbol

Haven't needed fat burners yet, I dont trust the clen out there to be legit (many fakes, would never use liquid clen not accurate and dangeous)

Ephedra is an option but I've read its only useful to dry out it really doesn't burn fat

I have never tried winny so was interested in adding it in to see how it can enhance things at the end of my cut (I'm pretty lean and close to being done).

Also would definitely like to hear pros and cons of hiit

I actually feel the 15 sprints feel better physically then liss cardio on the stepmill. I guess some of you dont like hard cardio as it may interfere with recovery or lead to muscle loss?

I used to work with Alex azarian he was the one that got me into hard cardio he would say he could tell which of his clients were listening to him and doing hard stepmill cardio vs who didn't listen to him and did the easy walk on the treadmill or elliptical, just by looking at progress pics they would send him

Ephedra is an option but I've read its only useful to dry out it really doesn't burn fat.

It's a help, with appetite and energy, but obviously it does not melt fat.

HIIT? I would suggest not using it if your legs tend to shrink, and I would opt for other strategies first before introducing it, but 2 or 3 sessions a week should also not involve too much stress and catabolism, but it all depends on how you are pushing with diet, training and cardio LIIS

my cardio is as follows

45 mins stepmill 4x a week

HIIT 3x a week. each HIIT is 15 sprints, followed by walking back, then sprinting again

the HIIT sessions, although much shorter, feel much easier than the stepmill lol

the calories, im actually doing ADF, so its 4500 EOD, which works out to 2250 per day. 2250 per day would be hell as I love to eat. So fasting one day, then getting to eat 4500 is kinda fun

not complaining about my diet, its. going great. the only bad thing is some leg fatigue I assume from the cardio, but leg lifts are going up (PHAT. routine) as are all lifts for the most part

I feel like im in a good place but obviously will need to make adjustments to progress

the thing I don't want to do is drop calories to starvation levels, as I always was of the mindset a person who can cut on 2400 calories per day is much better metabolically than someone who has to drop below 2,000.

if I had to eat 1500 calories per day to lose weight ,good god, Id be in hell lol

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic