over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prolotherapy

Alzadosghost

Registered
My shoulders are absolutely fried and constantly in pain. Sometimes I actually think I would feel better if I ripped my arms off. Iv done a lot of research on prolotherapy instead of surgical options and found a naturopath locally that does the procedure. Has anybody here had this done and did it work? I'm not getting cortisone injections no matter what. But it's gotten so bad I need to do something before I start eating pain meds which I'm adametly against.

The cheap prolotherapy is a mixture of fluids. Typically they are designed to irritate and cause inflammation as well as provide some numbing. The most common one is a dextrose / lidocaine injection. The hypothesis is that causing inflammation will direct more growth factors / increase recovery.

Does it work? There's extremely limited supporting evidence for it.

PRPP (plasma rich platelet protein) is the newest kid on the block with prolotherapy. If I were going to get one, it'd be this one.

Here's a good comprehensive research article on it. I'd suggest reading the absolute last paragraph first, and then going back and reading through the rest with that in mind.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3580559/

I have gotten the Prolozone injections which is Prolotherapy w/ ozone. I did 4 sessions (every other week) and it healed up my elbow about 90+ %. I cannot speak for just straight Prolo but if you can find someone that does Prolozone I would recommend it.

I have been through many Prolozone injections for bad disc in my neck. Has worked great and helped my to avoid surgery for 3 years now. Definitely include the Ozone, the Oxygen is what promotes the healing.

I have had over a dozen prolotherapy injections into my elbow joints done by a physician...They did help, but they also allow you to keep beating your joints until something eventually ruptures...I learned the hard way...I also learned how to do my own injections with various substances like a dextrose- saline combo that is somewhat effective...It worked as well as what the doctor used and cost next to nothing...We are all mad scientist's,............

Had it done to both elbows.

Doctor Injected fish oil and some other stuff into them, hurt. It took a long time to heal and made them worse for at least half a year, I dont know if it made them stronger in long run, but 6-12 months they were worse then before getting it done. That's my experience, not a fan

I had it done after a severely sprained ankle. I guess it helped, the ankle is 100%. Don't know if healing time increase of if I would be 100% without it. Hard to say really.

It depends on what your issue is..

You are describing symptoms ( shoulder pain) but no mention of what is your underlying pathology. its like saying well my car makes a large loud banging sound when i start it up.. will changing my valves help?. No one can answer what should be done or will it help until you find out what the problem is.

This past week i did two fenestrations ( dry needling) for common extensor TENDINOSIS. For tendinosis i have had good results but you need to make sure that is the issues. If your shoulder issue is more then NO you will just be making things worse and IF you had it done make sure it is high rez ultrasound guided.

If you can get prolotherapy for a good price then start there. Give it 4-10 shots spread out over time. If this doesn't work. Then try PRP injections. Prolotherapy is pretty benign. It work hurt and if you can get it cheap and it does work then great.

Pretty sure dusty hanshaw of maybe fouad abiad just started this with good results. I'll see if I can find where they said it

PRP. That's using your own platelets, enriching the growth and healing factors from 6% to 94%. That's tag way to go imo. Levrone swears by it, but everyone is biased. And sometimes hard to find a dr that is hip to it, or covered by ins, etc. If your ballsy enough and know a nurse you can find the kits out there. You'd just need to make a centrifuge, which that's the easy part. Hard part is doing inj w/out live xray to guide. But it is your own blood so no rejection possible. Lots of ups and down to trying to do yourself. As for a doc doing it- very little downside and science is strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner