over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prolotherapy

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone have some experience or success stories they can share with this treatment?

I deceided to go under the needle yesterday. I'm a bit sore but am getting ready to try and workout. Since I can't use any anti-inflammatories (ECA), I'll just grin and bear it.

xcel

I only have heard one person on the boards talk about having it done, and that's Zyglamail (mod over at Elitefitness, Gotfina, and some other places I think). My recollection was that he had a very good experience. Let me see if I can dig up a post or two by him.

Ahh, here are a couple for you:

--------- Posted by Zyglamail at EF --------------

Prolotherapy is designed to strengthen and thicken injured tendons/ligaments, its a permanent fix. Many people who have had prior surgeries find themselves with long term aches and pains due to lack of healing, mainly due to the use of ice and anti-inflamatories. Tendons/ligaments are comprised of a lot of water, putting ice on these area freezes the water causing stiffness. It also reduces bloodflow to the injury thereby reducing healing etc. Many people simply treat the pain and by doing so prolong or eliminate healing.
------------

Originally posted by VONN
zyg, i am not training at all now and i haven't been for like a year. i just decided to do something about it like 2 months ago, i do not feel the bursitis at all now after the anti's. i could feel it most all the time, whether it was "painful" or not before, i knew it was there. now i feel the "other" pain i have had. if i don't take anti inflamatories, or the methylpred...., then how am i supposed to heal the problem? the idea from my ortho was to take the anti's for 30 days then begin some light training, but suddenly i feel what i suspect is this tendonitis? if i do not take anything how am i supposed to heal it? i think u thought i am still training through the pain and ignoring it??? the last thing i want to do is begin training before i am healed.

---------- Zyg's reply ---------------------------------------------------------

So what you are telling me is that you think lack of pain = healing? If thats the case then I can load you up with novicain and cut your arm off and because you dont feel it you are healing? Your bursitis is likely due to your outlook on healing and probably is even too far gone to reverse and you now have to live with your past actions and policies for treating your injuries.

Simply put, the pain often associated with joint injuries is due to strains and sprains of tendons/ligaments. These tissues have very little blood flow and under normal circumstances have a very slow cellular turnover rate(ie cells are replaced every 300-500 days). When injured they become inflamed, causing pain but ALSO triggering a cascade of healing events such as increased blood flow and a myriad of other effects which promote healing of the injured tissue. When you take an anti-inflamatory you curtail this inflamation and in turn all of the beneficial healing side effects. The net result is you fell better BUT your tendons/ligaments are left in a weakened state and more prone to future injury. If the joint remains in its unhealed state it is also often loose or sloppy, this causes further irritation and can weak away and joint tissue, this in turn gets filled with bone to try and take up the slack (ie arthritis) or scar tissue (bursitis). I have had many injuries(back, ankle, elbows, shoulders) and have had them all treated with prolo and they are all as good as new. I have not taking an anti-inflamatory in almost 2 years and while having prolo done I missed virtually no time in the gym.
----------------------------

There are more, but I think this gives you some idea. Contact Zyg if want more.

DrG

Thanks - zyg is a mod over at my old home board, the old Fina board (now GotFina). He used to post there a lot and is very knowledgeable. Based on his discussion of the procedure I decided to give it a go.

xcel

Cool X. Love to hear how it works for you, my shoulders aren't as bad as what I heard you describe (you had surgery right?) but, I do have chronic pain.

Keep us informed on this!

DrG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner