over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proof that bodybuilding is not an accepted sport

Here is a condensed version of 'my story' since we are going in that direction:
I did rec drugs since I was 13YO, hard and heavy from the start. Not just pot but obsessed first with LSD, then PCP (the worst most evil drug), then seditaves/narcotics. I was using heroin since age 17-21, last year of that as an addict. And I was the most obsessive person-noone did or could take more drugs than me.
I did start lifting at age 16YO and pretty consistently, but had no knowledge of nutrition or training methods. Lots of curls and benches at home. I quit drugs cold-turkey at 21YO (bodyweight 120 lbs), went through some withdrawl. It was the first time I ever tried to quit as drugs were my life. Well after hibernating for a little bit, I turned my fuller attention toward training-something positive. No AA/NA program-nothing. Just Bodybuilding. I never touched a rec drug again and never will. I cant believe what a loser I was. Just got caught in a horrible cycle, and weightlifting helped my out of it and gave me positive direction for life. As far as Im concerned it helped save my life.

Holy Smokes!

Wow, now I see why you hate rec drugs so much, I would too. I am not saying that I am a junkie or anything, but I just cannot imagine what that was like. I did have a problem with pain meds for awhile. :(

I heard a lot about PCP and it scared the hell outta me. Weird shit from what I hear --- not to forget that it sounds like a lot of people hurt themselves while on it.

Mike's story is yet ANOTHER example of how this lifestyle came and rescued! What was it Mike; that told you it was time to stop ---- something that is very hard to do, once it has ahold of you I might add....AND COLD TURKEY! Good job Mate as Kiwi/Big A would say.

Here is just a little bit about how bb has helped in my life and career. It may seem far fetched to some, but I beleive it has played a huge role. Basically I approach my life like I do training. I write down what I want to accomplish or achieve and how I can do it. Then I try to stick to that plan and continually evaluate my progress and what works and what needs to be changed. I am sure most of us do this to an extent. How can that be negative? I just don't understand why more people don't see our way of life as positive.
Although, when I see Ronnie on Leno talk about being "natural" and eating McD's all the time, it does put a bad taste in your mouth.

Bodybuilding and the general public

I don't think that the general public is jealous or turned off by steroids in bodybuilding. It seems to me that jealousy would be more of a factor in the huge dollars associated with other sports. Also - steroids are rampant in baseball. Plus rec dope is widespread in many areas of entertainment - people still like to see Robert Downey in the movies though.

Bodybuilding is just one of those sports that isn't generally interesting to people that aren't involved. There are other sports that take plenty of dedication but get little attention. I couldn't name the top five surfers in the world for example. Not because I'm jealous of surfers - just not particulary interested. - CH

IVAN-

Yes that is why I personally hate rec drug so much.
But that doesnt mean I cant understand moderate use in adults and each persons right to that without govt intervention. But lets not get into that here...
Man-I dont know why, but the stars must have been alligned when I quit. I also knew that if I quit and went back-it would be harder each time. Knowing I had failed in the previous attempt.
The best way not to start again is not to retry it that 1st time.
So I never will let that happen.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs