over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Propecia regrowth

617ricky

Kilo Klub Member
I've mentioned on here a few times how I'm on propecia, and that I'd recommend it to others.. I started taking it early this year in February, and within a couple months I definitely noticed a decrease in hairs on my pillow or in the drain.. Once summer rolled around, some shit came up in my life, and unfortunately I stopped being consistent with dosing, and may have even gone a full month or so without taking it.. But 2 months ago I resumed everything by the book - taking 1.25mg EOD..

Now here's my hairloss situation - I first became concerned with receding temples about 6 yrs ago.. I knew I took after my mother's side for hair, and my uncles had very slow gradual receding, and still by no means "bald" even at 50.. So I was alarmed at 22 yrs old noticing the start of loss.. Of course I had just gotten off a pretty big cycle, and I knew that was somewhat to blame, so I cooled it with everything.. And over the next few yrs, I still receded - but very gradually.. After switching my hair style, I could totally mask the receding, even with short hair thankfully..

So fast-forward to this year when I started the propecia.. When I noticed a decrease in shedding hairs, I also checked for regrowth but didn't see any.. I wasn't surprised honestly, and was just concerned with trying to halt the loss.. Now the way my hair is now, I never see my hairline since I have my hair kind of combed forward - so it's not like I'd ever notice regrowth.. But last night for the hell of it I pulled my hair back and was shocked - in each temple region where the receding is worst - there was a row of ~1/4" hairs, which would make them probably a month or so old I guess! There was definitely no question about it, as the rest of my hair is well over an inch long, and I've never seen short little hairs like that on my hairline..

It appears that the regrowth is only in the areas that are the furthest and most recently receded (far temple edges), and it's not that deep or full yet - but it's a start.. With propecia - you're REALLY only gonna get regrowth in areas that have just recently balded, and I totally see this now firsthand.. You're not gonna grow back inches of lost hairline - but if taken early on you should definitely add to your hair count, or maintain it at the very least.. And what more can you really ask for, short of wearing a rug or getting a transplant?

Here's a pic - the top corner of one of my temples, after combing down the little "bangs", lol..

Attachments

• prop.JPG
    prop.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,148
Noticed then same thing.It works to stop it or slow it a lot for sure.:)

it def works for me 2.. i dont like the sides though. its tough finding the balance. how much test are you on that you dont get sides with it. i would probably use an ai with it also.

i always look at deals on this because my temples r balding but they info always says it for your prostate and not hairloss why is this. They must be the same thing right??

how much test are you on that you dont get sides with it. i would probably use an ai with it also.

I'm not on any test ATM.. The sides that some guys get are definitely variable between people.. I haven't noticed anything that I'd call a "side" personally.. And also keep in mind I do mine EOD, so I'm only actually on 0.625mg per day, which is below the typical 1mg.. Obviously the higher the dose, the higher the likelihood for sides.. The reason I do it EOD is after reading some studies that show that the smaller doses are pretty much the same effectiveness as the normal ones, and that it does work for a full 48hrs..

i always look at deals on this because my temples r balding but they info always says it for your prostate and not hairloss why is this. They must be the same thing right??

The generic name for the drug is finasteride, and it's the same ingredient in Propecia for hairloss (1mg), and Proscar for prostates (5mg).. I'm like you - I look for deals too, and I order generic 5mg Proscar pills called Fincar.. I've done the research on it and it's a legitimate Indian pharmaceutical that's blister packed, and it comes out to being a tiny FRACTION of what it would cost to be on name-brand Propecia..

I am very interested in this as well. I have purchased the 5mg fincar as well. They seem to work well!! PLus big time cost effective!! I thought of adding azlelic acid at 5% topical. Here it is a very strong androgen blocker. I am thinking at the very front.. but havent noticed any regrowth there. Has anyone yet?

I am thinking at the very front.. but havent noticed any regrowth there. Has anyone yet?

The picture I posted is from the very front (temple region).. It took ~6 months of use to get it tho.. I noticed a halt in hair loss well before the regrowth.. And if you're looking for a good 2nd addition, a mixture of rogaine and retin-a.. I've read of some pretty solid reviews on that combo.. Some Dr. sells a premade mixture of it, but it's really expensive.. But all you have to do is get the low-strength rogaine foam, and low-strength retin-a cream, and just mix a little of each and apply.. It's important that you get the low-strength versions tho, cuz when you mix them, the retin-a allows a much higher dosage of rogaine to penetrate the skin, which can and will cause adverse sides.. I haven't personally tried this combo yet, but now that I've noticed regrowth on the finasteride, I'm gonna wait till these first round of little hairs grow in fully, and then try the combo for the hell of it.. I already have retin-a on hand, and rogaine foam is pretty cheap nowadays, so what the hell.. The only thing that makes me a little hesitant, is I've read that regrowth from rogaine is not really long-term, whereas regrowth from propecia you will keep as long as you keep taking it.. But hey, if there's something out there to allow me to prevent my hair from receding, and it's less than $50, I'm game to try it..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws