over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proper Pre Contest Carb Loading using SLIN

Edison85

Newbies
Ok. So I've been reading several forums about this topic. I'm an experienced user of insulin. But I have yet to try it for pre contest. If anyone has any useful information I would love to hear. I'm 10 weeks out and would love to give it a go. A long as I can gather the right information.

I have always thought using slin 1x a week or two up to contest is best way to eventually use slin for a contest. meaning.... if you use slin 1x a week or two you can work on a simple carb up plan with it and really nail your conditioning and fullness.
I have had great success using it to carb up every week or two up to a show. really helps to nail it that final week cuz its like you have practiced it so many times....
my 2 cents
-F2S

so 10 weeks is ALOT of time to figure it out huh....???

should be piece of cake.

:cool:

I have always thought using slin 1x a week or two up to contest is best way to eventually use slin for a contest. meaning.... if you use slin 1x a week or two you can work on a simple carb up plan with it and really nail your conditioning and fullness.
I have had great success using it to carb up every week or two up to a show. really helps to nail it that final week cuz its like you have practiced it so many times....
my 2 cents
-F2S

Thanks. I've seen that some only use is 3 days out from the show several times a day while carb loading. But do a controlled carb load. I've read so many good things using SLIN that I want to try it. Thanks for the info!

so 10 weeks is ALOT of time to figure it out huh....???

should be piece of cake.

:cool:

Definitely hoping so. This is not something I want to mess up being all the money that has been spent. Lol

Playing with fire.people I know have only had bad experiences from trying it and always ruin there package and come on watery. Unless weigh ins and comp time are a huge issue I would suggest just filling out with a ton of carbs. Shove in pop tarts. Tiny amounts of water and sodium ect. But that is only my opinion from what I've seen I'm sure it works out great

Very difficult to manipulate slin pre stage since insulin will raise aldosterone levels...if you are stage ready 3-4 weeks out you can experiment though,personally i wouldn't risk it,lines and deep striations is what matters most on stage

slin will directly increase aldosterone. If you plan to use slin to load you better cover all your bases. Slin loading is usually accompanied by heavy diuretics.

I did a show this year, where weigh in was at 10 am and pre judge at 7 pm, and finals the day after in the am. I had to make weight, so I was depleted of carbs and cut my water at 4 am (6 hours prior to weigh in). Got to hotel at 11, so I had basicallly 7 hours to fillout. ( I don't like eating at all at least 1 hour prior to pre judge to make sure stomach is not bloated from food ). Basically I took in about 600g of carbs, 200g every 2 hours and took 6IU humalog shot every 2 hours with each carb meal. I went conservative with the slin dose, becauae I was afraid. As a whole, I was pretty full, did not spill over and looked good considering the short time I had to fill up. It most def aids in filling up faster. Though I honestly think it's too much of a gamble to use it, unless you're limited with time and need to fill out asap

I did a show this year, where weigh in was at 10 am and pre judge at 7 pm, and finals the day after in the am. I had to make weight, so I was depleted of carbs and cut my water at 4 am (6 hours prior to weigh in). Got to hotel at 11, so I had basicallly 7 hours to fillout. ( I don't like eating at all at least 1 hour prior to pre judge to make sure stomach is not bloated from food ). Basically I took in about 600g of carbs, 200g every 2 hours and took 6IU humalog shot every 2 hours with each carb meal. I went conservative with the slin dose, becauae I was afraid. As a whole, I was pretty full, did not spill over and looked good considering the short time I had to fill up. It most def aids in filling up faster. Though I honestly think it's too much of a gamble to use it, unless you're limited with time and need to fill out asap
Exactly but the traditional 3 day loading plus insulin=99% disaster..i don't even believe you need 3 days to fill out..

Exactly but the traditional 3 day loading plus insulin=99% disaster..i don't even believe you need 3 days to fill out..

You really don't. I've carb depleted completely before just to test this. I did 100g of carbs for 5 days straight with high rep training. Was flat as a pancake on day 6. Day 6 I had garbahe all day. Easily 1200-1400 carbs. Woke up watery, but full as possible next day. I am about 212-214 contest weight.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131