over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proper ratio of omega 3, 6 and 9

billy34

Newbies
I am certainly sold on the efficacy of omega 3,6, and 9. What do you guys recommend as being a good ratio? I am taking in ground flax and organic eggs, but in looking at the label, I only see omega 3. I am sure I need a little more balance. Also, where to get omega 6 and 9?
Thanks!

PERSONALLY

I am certainly sold on the efficacy of omega 3,6, and 9. What do you guys recommend as being a good ratio? I am taking in ground flax and organic eggs, but in looking at the label, I only see omega 3. I am sure I need a little more balance. Also, where to get omega 6 and 9?
Thanks!

TRY TO GET A LOT MORE 3 THAN 6........IT I SHARD THOUGH. EATING WALNUTS WILL HELP.

not pure, but a high concentration of fish oil will be omega 3

This is one of my favorite topics! Try to get about 1-1 or 2-1 Omega 6 to 3 ratio. The typical american diet is more like 10 or 20 to 1. Both of these are non-essential, so your body can't make them, but you will likely get plenty of Omega 6 in your diet. As Phil suggests, you can focus on Omega 3's. Krill oil by the way is a great source of Omega 3's.

Try to get foods not polluted by our corn-happy govt.

Wild Alaskan Salmon, NOT farm-rasied salmon where they feed the salmon a grain diet - the Wild Alaksan salmon get their Omega 3's and color from their natural diet of Krill. Also wild fish have higher levels of Omega 3's as fat concentrates as it moves up the food chain.

If you are like me, switch to grass-fed beef. In the spring, find yourself a farmer via this website -> www.eatwild.com
These cows are fed their natural diet, not pumped full of chemicals and grain, which destroys the omega 3 to 6 ratio. Plus you will get alot more CLA, and you will get leaner from it.

Free range eggs with higher DHA are also good. Often these chicks are fed kelp...I get mine straight from a farmer to. By the way, eating 6 whole eggs a day of these variety has lowered my cholesterol..

Try to stay from corn oils - 40 to 1 Omega 6 to 3! Hydrogenating oils pretty much kills the Omaga 3's.

Best of luck!

John Meadows

Damn!!

This is one of my favorite topics! Try to get about 1-1 or 2-1 Omega 6 to 3 ratio. The typical american diet is more like 10 or 20 to 1. Both of these are non-essential, so your body can't make them, but you will likely get plenty of Omega 6 in your diet. As Phil suggests, you can focus on Omega 3's. Krill oil by the way is a great source of Omega 3's.

Wild Alaskan Salmon, NOT farm-rasied salmon where they feed the salmon a grain diet - the Wild Alaksan salmon get their Omega 3's and color from their natural diet of Krill. Also wild fish have higher levels of Omega 3's as fat concentrates as it moves up the food chain.

If you are like me, switch to grass-fed beef. In the spring, find yourself a farmer via this website -> www.eatwild.com
These cows are fed their natural diet, not pumped full of chemicals and grain, which destroys the omega 3 to 6 ratio. Plus you will get alot more CLA, and you will get leaner from it.

Free range eggs with higher DHA are also good. Often these chicks are fed kelp...I get mine straight from a farmer to. By the way, eating 6 whole eggs a day of these variety has lowered my cholesterol..

Try to stay from corn oils - 40 to 1 Omega 6 to 3! Hydrogenating oils pretty much kills the Omaga 3's.

Best of luck!

John Meadows

John thanks so much for this!

Best of luck!

John Meadows

Good post.

SB

Best of luck!

John Meadows

There is a place about 15 minutes from where I live that sells beef, I couldn't believe it! I had never even heard of it. Thanks a lot for the link, I have it save to my fav's now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Udo's oil

I'm assuming that those are the eggs in the store that say omega 3 eggs on the package. Unless some eggs packages are BS because all eggs have omega 3s and they don't have extra like free range?

Last edited:
You are more than welcome guys. Once you try the grass fed beef, you will be amazed. You can put that stuff in the fridge - microwave it, and it is still just as juicy as it if just came off the grill. You will never get that greasy taste in the back of your throat with it either...now when I eat "regular" beef, I taste that grease even more. The best part, is that you can get lean with it - you don't have to live on tilpia and tuna...my personal belief is the CLA in it works awesme, in addition to the correct Omega 3 to 6.

Forgot to mention about the Omega 9's. Get 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil there and you will be set. It's not essential, but does wonders for your good cholesterol. There are also some interesting studies on insulin sensitivity and Omega 9's out there.

Healthy fats should be as high of a priority as protein in everyone, including a competitive bodybuilders diet. I am working on a diet with Dr Eric Serrano to bring to the masses in 2009. I feel like today's experts know proper ratios of carbs to fat to protein, etc, all about supplements, etc but actual food choices are a weak link in most nutritionists aresenal now. My goal is to marry the two - combine the right ratios and when, with the right kinds of food...if you pay attention to the right kinds of food, your body will no doubt have a healtheir metabolism, and you get the added bonus on just being healthier in general!

Regards,
John Meadows

I am working on a diet with Dr Eric Serrano to bring to the masses in 2009.

Dr. Serrano has some good diets and products. You must have some good knowledge working together.

You are more than welcome guys. Once you try the grass fed beef, you will be amazed. You can put that stuff in the fridge - microwave it, and it is still just as juicy as it if just came off the grill. You will never get that greasy taste in the back of your throat with it either...now when I eat "regular" beef, I taste that grease even more. The best part, is that you can get lean with it - you don't have to live on tilpia and tuna...my personal belief is the CLA in it works awesme, in addition to the correct Omega 3 to 6.

Forgot to mention about the Omega 9's. Get 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil there and you will be set. It's not essential, but does wonders for your good cholesterol. There are also some interesting studies on insulin sensitivity and Omega 9's out there.

Healthy fats should be as high of a priority as protein in everyone, including a competitive bodybuilders diet. I am working on a diet with Dr Eric Serrano to bring to the masses in 2009. I feel like today's experts know proper ratios of carbs to fat to protein, etc, all about supplements, etc but actual food choices are a weak link in most nutritionists aresenal now. My goal is to marry the two - combine the right ratios and when, with the right kinds of food...if you pay attention to the right kinds of food, your body will no doubt have a healtheir metabolism, and you get the added bonus on just being healthier in general!

Regards,
John Meadows

Hey John, Thanks for the site. If you don't mind, what do the eggs and beef generally cost? There isn't a place close to where i live but if the prices aren't too high, I may take a drive to pick some up

I get my eggs for $2 a dozen, which is actually lower than the free-range eggs in the store. The ones in the store, well, if you know what the govt regulation is for saying "free-range", it just doesnt give you alot of confidence that the chickens have left the coop so to speak.

The beef I always get ground. It is usually about the same price you would pay for Laura's Lean beef in the store...I get it cheaper, more like $2-3, but I buy 1/8 to 1/4 a cow at a time. Get some friends to go in together and get a 1/8 of a cow. It is so worth it. The ground beef is actually really lean too.

If the cow wasn't fed grain, you have absolutely no reason to worry about the fat, so don't worry about getting filets and sirloins...I would probably pay up to 8-10 a lb for the ground beef, if he wanted to charge me that..lol.

When you call up one of these farmers, you will be amazed at how knowledgeable they are to about health, at least my guy was. He was talking to me about CLA, the process the cow's digestive system uses to convert grass to high quality protein, etc..it was really cool.

Regards,
John Meadows

Dr. Serrano has some good diets and products. You must have some good knowledge working together.

Just got back from his house a few hours ago, you should see all the chickens he has now. He had 30 or so running around, with a couple of Nubian goats, a goose(said it just hung around), a horse, and his dogs. He actually was headed into veterinary medicine before he became a doctor. Much of his undergrad work was in animal husbandry. He is the guy that really started educating me on the actual quality of food a couple of years back. He was the first person that explained to me what a ruminant is (animal that eats grass), and that these animals have a 4 chambered stomachs with the special "fermentation tank" chamber called the rumen. When he started explaining to me what grain does to a cow's rumen (acidosis), and many other things, I really started to think about my food choices more, and tried to get educated. After changing some of my bodybuilding clients diets around a little, and seeing the results (and all the extra energy they could keep through a show), I became a believer!

JM

Really great info. Thanks John!

I found several farms with grass-fed cattle in my area. My question is: where to find free-range chickens (eggs). Do these farms usually have both? Thanks!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws