advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proposed weekly chest regimen. Thoughts?

I can't see any logic to that approach! Rest and recovery is key to growth. Not only is it overkill and can cause pec injury, your secondary muscles( esp triceps)will cause the rest of your upper body training to suffer! If your chest is lagging , lift heavy followed by drop sets. Stay focused!

I'm not going to belabor my point because plenty of people already don't agree but...

That program? It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's just a coach trying to make you think hes giving you personal attention. This is complete utter horse crap, and not just from a volume stanpoint or even frequency.

If you want a real routine that will work, I'll post it.

I'm someone who loves training every body part 3 times a week and even I think this work out is madness. Way to many exercises for one body part, to do that often.

Although I like to do all muscle 3 times a week, it's split into 3 upper workouts and 3 lower workouts. I swap what is my starting muscle group is for each workout and only that first muscle group gets pushed to the maximum level. The rest are low sets and high reps and 80% max weight. My style of workout has always been about compact strength, so I don't no how it would be good for maximum size.

I would take Tri-terror up on his offer, if that's all your trainer has to give you.

Sorry if I missed this, but are you using aas?

Have you tried going the other direction? More intensity less volume? A Dorian or DC type of program would put you in the 2-3x a week range but you wouldn't have all those sets. If you're throwing that much weight around and not getting results you're either not targeting the muscle right (form issues) or you're not recovering from the workout. e.g. if you bench press big weight but you cave your chest in or use too narrow of a grip - you'd have big tri's and massive front delts. watch guys with weak pecs but big arms bench and you'll see what I mean. you want your shoulder blades pinched and pinned to the bench.

I'm not exactly a hard gainer but I hit a wall years ago where nothing worked for me. I switched everything to a mish mash of DC/Dorian style training. I take a main exercises (my 3 are decline/incline/inclive db) and I do a set of 12, 10, then a weight I can just hit for a workset of 8. after the 8 I rest for about 8-10 breaths and push out 8 more. if I hit 8 I go for a 3rd set and the following time I'm on that exercise I add weight to the workset. the reps are STRICT - explode up, squeeze at top, 4-5 seconds controlled negative. You should literally not be able to complete 1 more perfect rep at the end. Where I vary from DC is I then go and do an isolation exercise with the same strict form but I utilize higher rep ranges and I hit failure. I group it like DC so I have A and B 1/2/3 but you could easily just group 3 chest days and do it every 3-5 days.

here's my last chest workout to give you an idea

incline smith bench (I list just the weights I put on the bar)
90x12 180x10 290x5 rest 10 seconds 250x6 - rep 7 was failure
i can move way more weight but using my strict rep method is how I was able to make gains.

cable flye machine
drop sets with no rest between sets, to absolute failure starting at 150lbs

in 4/5 days I'll do decline bench with incline ISO press

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner