advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proposed weekly chest regimen. Thoughts?

Whats the rest of the program look like for all other bodyparts? U goona train 7 days per week?

Yes unfortunately.
Each body part twice a week.
I'm. Gonna burn out quickly.

What concerns me is the one day of incline.
Twice a week incline work seems better if I'm to improve that.

Wayyyyy to much work.

2 chest days a week max.

Inclines, dips and maybe flies is all you really need in my opinion.

seems like way too much, find it hard to believe it comes from any real high level trainer, just the idea seems very beginnerish.

I think if done right one can effectively hit a muscle 2x a week, 3 seems to be pushing it.

typically when doing things like that volume is very low too...

seems like way too much, find it hard to believe it comes from any real high level trainer, just the idea seems very beginnerish.

I think if done right one can effectively hit a muscle 2x a week, 3 seems to be pushing it.

I agree. I think it's a temporary shock thing

things like rep count, % of 1 rep max, and intensity are going to determine a lot here... i could easily goto the gym and do 135lb press sets for chest of 10 reps and do 10 sets, 1 1/2 plates on a HS press, another 10 sets 3x a week... and not be over trained.... i don't think id really gain shit, but just saying...

also, when are you gonna train shoulders or tris as well here on this split? your going to have allot of overlap with any split i see

Exactly. BBB comes to mind. Each bp three times per week but 3-5 sets per part per day only.

I read some stuff by Ben Pakulski regarding over training and if I understood it correctly, short term extreme routines like this one aren't necessarily going to lead to over training as long as they're kept short term. People are very quick to throw over training out there but the way he described it is over training isn't about one body part, it's systematic. So you can't over train your chest and be fine with the rest. If this routine is killing your ability to do any body part you may be in that zone but if your other workouts are fine but chest struggles due to the frequency it may just be getting the shock your coach was hoping for. I don't know, but if it is indeed a shocker I don't think you're going to be in any trouble doing this for a short period as long as rest outside of the gym and diet is up to snuff. Only one way to find out. I am also totally allowing for the possibility that i understood him all wrong but I don't believe i did lol

Last edited:
I saw a video of Dennis James saying he only has his guys do incline work because a big upper chest equals a big chest no matter what and you dont want a saggy chest. I tend to only do incline work because my lower chest has always been thick and it will definitely sag on me but alot of that deppends on bodyfat level

I agree. I think it's a temporary shock thing

x2

There are lots of variables but I can see it working for a short period. Although as LK3 pointed out it seems very beginner-ish. Almost like he has thought of every exercise he can think of and put it in there.

I think training chest 2-3 days per week is great but literally no more than 5 working sets total per day (maybe 10 warm up sets in there).

If my upper chest was weak and I wanted to try a shock protocol for a short period I would train my upper chest 3 to 5 times per week (low volume each day). I would throw in a few sets of decline press and dips but pretty much just do incline work for a month or so.

my chest sucks, lol.

I have made progress on it over the last few years and hitting it 2x week has been key to that I feel.

the second time I hit it is not very hard though, not many sets and not really pushing it.

recently I feel like I need to work on cutting back intensity.
this IS something I realize has brought me success over the years but I find it very hard to do.

mentally more then anything.

its so hard to get out of that like KILL mindset...

at this point im feeling like doing that is leading to some pain/injury and time out of the gym...

Phil H talked lots about this years ago, learning to train smarter not harder... bboy mentions it too, I think there is something to it in certain applications.

:lightbulb:

I saw a video of Dennis James saying he only has his guys do incline work because a big upper chest equals a big chest no matter what and you dont want a saggy chest. I tend to only do incline work because my lower chest has always been thick and it will definitely sag on me but alot of that deppends on bodyfat level

That's pretty interesting.
I noticed a few pics of guys like branch and their upper chest looks flat and lower looks like boobs. (In Some pics)
Maybe photoshop cause branch looks awesome lol.

Last edited:
can i ask your stats and how much you press for say 6-8 reps on whatever angle?

a pic would help too

Last edited:
can i ask your stats and how much you press for say 6-8 reps on whatever angle?

5'8 235 at moment.
I actually dislike barbell but flat press 3 plats on each side for that alone. I prefer dumbbells and the machine press they have at Armbrust (has three locations to stack weight for different feel)

5'8 235 at moment.
I actually dislike barbell but flat press 3 plats on each side for that alone. I prefer dumbbells and the machine press they have at Armbrust (has three locations to stack weight for different feel)

Matey you weighed 215 pounds a few days ago. It must have been a typo.

My trainer proposed a new routine of working the chest out 3 times a week in "sections" he said.

Upper (Monday)
Incline BB press
Incline DB press
Incline one arm hammer press (sitting slightly sideways)
Inclined DB or cable fly
Super incline hammer press

Middle (Wednesday)
Bb press
Db press
Pec Dec
Flat fly
Machine press

Lower (Friday)
Decline db press
Decline bb press
Decline fly
Dips
Cable cross.

dudes gotta train 7 days a week...im assuming his chest is his lagging bodypart

i would try to prioritize the chest but not over do it.... if you want a lil added stimulation, when u do tris skip all the cables/skull crushers/and behind the neck press stuff and just do cgbp and weighted dips.... both will be working your chest as well secondarily

good thread

I agree with arko have you ever tried pre-exhausting? That really has helped me and while I'm nothing special I have seen growth in the past year I train chest twice a week and I always have a day where I start with flys then move to a pressing movement its helped me tremendously! I think its an awesome/interesting workout let me know how it goes brother!

i did this fly day yesterday before pressing . i am sore as hell today and feel so good too!
theres a ton ofr variables and variations just in 2 pages. you guys rock.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws