over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pros and cons of T3/T4 in conjunction with TRT

xpoc

Registered
My thyroid levels were on the low end....TRT doc recommended Armour Thyroid at 90mg which I took and put me back in mid range. Now the office cannot get Armour, so they switched me to a T3/T4 blend that is supposed to be similar to Armour. I have done some research that suggests T3 is catabolic and causes muscular atrophy. I don't have a specific question, but looking for some pros/cons of thyroid meds for a guy who is lean but on the low end of the thyroid panels. Essentially, I am contemplating discontinuing use of the T3/T4 because I don't want to lose muscle....but am concerned if I do discontinue I will get sluggish and perhaps increase bodyfat.

The weird thing about armour is that you can buy desiccated thyroid supplements. Is their any difference , or does armour extract the t3/t4 specifically from the gland whereas the supps do not? I’d assume t3/t4 would be more effective

My thyroid levels were on the low end....TRT doc recommended Armour Thyroid at 90mg which I took and put me back in mid range. Now the office cannot get Armour, so they switched me to a T3/T4 blend that is supposed to be similar to Armour. I have done some research that suggests T3 is catabolic and causes muscular atrophy. I don't have a specific question, but looking for some pros/cons of thyroid meds for a guy who is lean but on the low end of the thyroid panels. Essentially, I am contemplating discontinuing use of the T3/T4 because I don't want to lose muscle....but am concerned if I do discontinue I will get sluggish and perhaps increase bodyfat.
I'm prescribed 60mcg of Armour which places me back in range. Did they say why they couldn't get Armour? I reup in another month and was just wondering. I believe my place gets it through Empower Pharmacy.

I switched to NP Thyroid a while back as it is the same as Armour just the generic form so it is cheaper. Armour/NP thyroid is T3/T4. My understanding is that they use pig thyroid then dry and pulverize and blend them to get a consistent T3/T4 dose. As not all thyroid glands have the the exact same amount of T3/T4. If some one gets a synthetic T3/T4 that is the same proportion as the natural product i doubt there would be any noticeable difference.

I'm prescribed 60mcg of Armour which places me back in range. Did they say why they couldn't get Armour? I reup in another month and was just wondering. I believe my place gets it through Empower Pharmacy.
They did not specify....perhaps the price went up so whey went with the T3/T4 compound. I was wondering if anyone had any solid info on the T3 impact on muscle catabolism. I am seeing guys mention it on other threads, yet I see many BB still take it to prep for competition.

There's plenty of info on T3 and catabolism if you search the board - @Type-IIx has posted some.

If your thyroid levels are in range catabolism shouldn't be an issue.

T3 seems to be very individual-dependent - some guys take a moderate dose and can go flat and lose muscle while others can run 50-75mcg without issue. Generally, the more muscle you have the more you can take.

Personally, I did 50mcg T4 and 12.5mcg T3 all of last offseason with no issues.

They did not specify....perhaps the price went up so whey went with the T3/T4 compound. I was wondering if anyone had any solid info on the T3 impact on muscle catabolism. I am seeing guys mention it on other threads, yet I see many BB still take it to prep for competition.
Don't worry about it. 90mg Armour thyroid means you're getting 57mcg t4 and about 13mcg t3 per pill.

Don't worry about it. 90mg Armour thyroid means you're getting 57mcg t4 and about 13mcg t3 per
Thanks. The new blend is a bit higher in T3 but honestly, I cannot tell a diff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws