over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PROS/ TOP LEVEL AMATEURS/ BODY PART GROUPING

Re: Jethro...

homonunculus said:
If nothing else, do the show with the intent of using it to get MORE mass, i.e., to take advantage of the rebound. I did a show just for that reason (mostly) last year. After a show I ALWAYS bounce back to a new level of development (I still have a lot of growing to do...)
Big A talked about taking advantage after a show, rather than "taking a break" (as everyone always told you to do). This is one the first things I remember him giving advice (in a rather old post at the defunt board) that just stuck in my head!

I'm really glad I jumped right back on my diet and hit the weights hard on Monday. Even though I'm already back to my ol' fat-ass self (actually I'm still relatively lean) I notice that I seem to be a LOT HARDER now and am maintaining vascularity that I NEVER HAD!!! Believe me, I thought it was from the "Asian" half of my genetics - but I'm proving to myself that "anything can change/improve. :)

xcel

Last edited:
MAYBE I WILL DO THAT......

I HAVE AN ASS LOAD OF THAT I_ CLEN! HECK I HAVE TWO 4LB. PROTEIN JUGS FULL OF ...SUPPLEMENTS. I HAVE THE WHOLE SUMMER OFF TO LAY AROUND IN THE SUN....:D

TAKE THAT ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAVE TO WORK THIS SUMMER!!!!!

Re: MAYBE I WILL DO THAT......

JETHRO TULL said:
I HAVE THE WHOLE SUMMER OFF TO LAY AROUND IN THE SUN....:D

TAKE THAT ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAVE TO WORK THIS SUMMER!!!!!

yea...well...i hope ya get a sun burn :p j/k hehe

JW

Re: MAYBE I WILL DO THAT......

JETHRO TULL said:
I HAVE THE WHOLE SUMMER OFF TO LAY AROUND IN THE SUN....:D
Well - if I come up this summer, can you guarantee that I'll catch any fish?!? :D

xcel

JWBHUGE/ EXCEL....GOT SUN BURNED TODAY!

..........MAN, THE FISHING HERE IS GREAT. WE HAD A GOOD WINTER HERE AND IT HAS BEEN A RAINY SPRING AS WELL....RIVERS ARE FLOWING! YOU'D CATCH FISH! MY GIRL FRIENDS FAMILY MEMBERS THROW IN BIG BARE HOOKS AND SNAG THEM! LOTS OF FISH. IF YOU GET A CHANCE LOOK UP DUCK LAKE AND GLACIER PARK..........I AM 12MILES FROM THERE. ONCE WE CATCH ALL THE FISH WE CAN GO OUT TO HER RANCH AND GET IN TO ALL THE VET MEDS 'ACCIDENTALLY'.....HAHAHA........NOT THAT YOU'D BE INTO THAT! <CAUSE THAT'S IMMORAL> HEHEHE

you lucky son of a gun. we're (me fiance daughter) are supposed to go out tomorrow and do some fishin. just checked out GLACIER PARK looks like a nice ass place to visit. who knows, if i ever get str8 with money, maybe we'll go up there and see it in person, i been gettin bugged to go campin too hehe

hope you guys catch some big ones, good luck.

JW

JWBH.......I HEAR YOU, BROTHER!

FRIENDS BUG ME TO TAKE THEM TO GOOD SPOTS ALL THE TIME! PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT TO GO OUT IN THE STICKS WITH ME BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY LAZY ASS WHO DOESN'T WORK AND GETS NAKED IN THE WOODS! HAHAHA

TTT, I think this is a good post that should be placed at the top again.

xcelbeyond said:
Not the caliber bb'er that you asked for responses, but here's a response :)

I just started doing the HST Program and it's kicking my butt!! Doing the 15-rep scheme for first 2 weeks. Initially, it seems like you're working the same body part too much during a week - but I've made my best mass gains on a program that had a similar frequency. **broken link removed** They have a great board also - for reference material/info, not for posting.

xcel

Yo Xcel, not to flame you about HST, but Børge Fagerli also known as "the Blade" on the HST forum etc. have been partcipating in two norwegian contests with a week in between. At the first "Stavanger open" he got last place, 6th, and this weekend he also placed last in his class with a 4th in the Norwegian Championchip(NM). I think Børge is probably the most famous informant/HST beliver after the inventor of HST(don't remember his name). I was as NM and God he wasn't even close to the others, he lacked so much size and carried a lot more bf than the others, I really started wondering what he was doing up there on the scene. Børge ofcourse trains HST himself and swear by it - something he probably shouldn't if he plans th compete any more.

I didn't mean to sound like "drop what you're doing and do HST." I believe it's a good program to throw into the mix - sometimes change is good.

Using Børge as a measure of the program would not be fair. HST is just a workout program. Sounds like he doesn't understand or FOLLOWS the nutrition things that need to done - not the HST.

Have you ever seen a pic of Dan Duchaine? Just proves that what you know isn't always reflected in how you look.

I didn't mean to flame you, but I just saw you were talking so positive about this training method and encouring others to try it. I just think people shouold think twice about hst at least if their goal is to add more muscle mass.

Børge should have a pretty good hold of his nutrition. He is in the Tech-nuttrition team (http://www.tech-nutrition.com/). He just lacks overall. I think most of famous pros who use programs like HST, have buit their fundamental strength on volume training and then are able to keep their size and perhaps sculpt it a little with such methods.

But Xcel don't you get bored of HST?. I tried it for a couple of months and your supposed to keep doing the same excersies over and over again...

I only did it for a several months then switched to DC.

I though that after an HST rotation (however many weeks), you could switch around exercises?

I gained well following it but I was on "the rebound" - post contest. I'm ready to switch to something else again!

monday = quads
tues = back (widthday) + calves
weds = chest + calves
thurs = hamstrings
friday = am. back (depthday) pm. shoulders.
sat = tris+bis+calves
sunday = rest and pig out.

i never do cardio and my reps are around 10-15 higher volume . my exercices always change but my routine rarely changes.

my rotation...

Monday and Thursday: chest, back, shoulders, calves
Tuesday and Friday: quads, hams, bis, tris, forearms
wed, sat, sunday off.
I have been using a three set approach similar to Phil's and used Lat's story time 2 as a template for the rep format, although I will be doing just the 10-15 reps per set because the 5 rep stuff was killing my joints...

in the last year I kind of tried it all, in search of the superb method hehe.

I did HIT for like 6months. Results : Added a lot of fat without changing any other aspect than going from volume to HIT while bulking. Got much stronger than before but the mass just wouldn't come. To be honest I looked like a typical fat powerlifter. Did HIT while dieting down also - pretty good results but lost a little size- felt HIT did work better while dieting down to keep gains than when bulking.
Did DC for two months after dieting down. Results: Added a bit of strength the first month but the second I stangnated completly. Think DC works excelent for newbies, but for more advanced athletes who are able to use heavy workloads, DC will get you burned out pretty fast if you use the intensity your supposed to do.
Did HST in the summer for a month. Results: Boring to do the the same excersies three times every week, didn't gain a single lbs either. (Xcel - a HST cycle lasts 6 weeks and then you start over and do the same or an other set of excersises for another 6 weeks with more workload than last cycle.)

Now I've gone back to plain old school volume trainining 5days a week. Pretty much like the regim Vander posted over. I use moderate intensity like 80% to be able to cope with it comparing to HIT which I gave 110% in all sets.

The newest Jay Cutler video gave me inspitartion to just go to the gym an pump!. It's nice to get a real good pump from a 20sets back workout. I get sore as hell and I'm finaly adding real mass again. By swithcing things up you never get bored. 90% of pros work out like this and it's a reason for that. If your using aas or other drugs(ass most of us do) you have no excuse for not training in a similar way as them in my opinion.

my rotation: monday off tuesday off weds looked at the weights...no off thurs started to warmup.. phone rang.. off... friday..off.. saturday contemplated a comeback and trying for my state title again.. giggled.. off.. sunday..off... if you stick to this rotation i you will never overtrain... :D

1-Chest/tris/abs
2-Back/bis/calves
3-Delts/traps/abs
4-Quads/Hams/calves

I know, nothing special! I train five days a week taking mondays and fridays off and just rotate the four workouts which ends up being once every 5 to 6 days.

I've tried all types of splits and i always come back to the push/pull/legs split. I would do the 3 day split if i was going 4 times of week instead of 5. I don't know how guys like Ronnie can the the 3 day split twice a week. Oh yea i forgot....he's not human!!

Split

Hay, currently thats my same split almost to a tee, but I train calves just once/week w/delts n traps.

hardkor said:
1-Chest/tris/abs
2-Back/bis/calves
3-Delts/traps/abs
4-Quads/Hams/calves

I know, nothing special! I train five days a week taking mondays and fridays off and just rotate the four workouts which ends up being once every 5 to 6 days.

I've tried all types of splits and i always come back to the push/pull/legs split. I would do the 3 day split if i was going 4 times of week instead of 5. I don't know how guys like Ronnie can the the 3 day split twice a week. Oh yea i forgot....he's not human!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws