over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PROS/ TOP LEVEL AMATEURS/ BODY PART GROUPING

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
COUPLE QUESTIONS: 1. HOW ARE YOU GROUPING YOUR BODY PARTS RIGHT NOW? 2. HOW OFTEN < OR DO YOU> CHANGE THE GROUPING?

I GET BORED AFTER A WHILE.

THANKS FELLAS.:)

Not the caliber bb'er that you asked for responses, but here's a response :)

I just started doing the HST Program and it's kicking my butt!! Doing the 15-rep scheme for first 2 weeks. Initially, it seems like you're working the same body part too much during a week - but I've made my best mass gains on a program that had a similar frequency. **broken link removed** They have a great board also - for reference material/info, not for posting.

xcel

Last edited:
Xcel, HST looks like something I want to try. Do you think it might work best during a mass or cutting cycle, or does it not matter?

Interesting you are finding HST good Xcel. Started doing something very similar before read up on HST, higher frequency, lower volume per bodypart, fullbody workouts.
Had awesome results, strength sky rocketed, and really enjoyed the fact that everything was getting hit frequently, kept me feeling "tight" all over.
Next gonna give HST a try, got to get my head around not starting with max poundages first!
It has started to make me believe frequency could be the most important factor in growth, if volume is adjusted correctly.

I (we) should probably start another thread regarding HST - seems as though there's interest. I have plenty of reasons why this seemed approproriate for "me" at this point.

xcel

Excel....hahaha.....I appreciate the response!

I was just thinking the guys on the board might want to see what all those successful fellas are doing.

I'll look up the info on that link. Thank you.:D

Mon - chest, shoulders, tris
Wed - quads, hams, calves
Fri - abs, back, bis

I never change the grouping. I change days around also every workout has variations in it - I could swap flat flyes with incline flyes or bb inclines with db inclines, etc. All HIT style.

BIG A..THANKS.

I DID READ YOUR ARTICLE .....I HAVE BEEN GROUPING MY BODYPARTS THE SAME WAY YOU HAVE MENTIONED ABOVE. I HAVE BEEN GOING TWO ON ONE OFF. LEGS DAY ONE, CHEST SHOULDERS TRIS DAY 2 ...REST DAY THREE, BACK BIS DAY 4, LEGS DAY 6, REST DAY SEVEN AND SO ON. I AM GETTING A LITTLE STALE ON IT..SOMETIMES IT'S FUN TO TRAIN BACK AND CHEST TOGETHER OR SAY BIS AND TRIS....JUST FOR THE KILLER PUMPS! JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU TOP NOTCH GUYS DO.:D

I am still training 6 days week just love going gym so much that if didn't would feel like was missing out :)

chest, arms , rest ,back, hams calves , shouders, quads

:) still doing cardio 4-5 days week to

BIGKIWI said:
I am still training 6 days week just love going gym so much that if didn't would feel like was missing out :)

chest, arms , rest ,back, hams calves , shouders, quads

:) still doing cardio 4-5 days week to

damn dude you're a freak. 6 days? damn, plus cardio 4-5 days? you're a wild man, hehe my fiance says i need more cardio. man i hate cardio hehe, i guess my waist size can vouch for that one haha

JW

KIWI.....

APPRECIATE THE VARIETY.....I GET LIKE THAT....WANTING TO GO TO THE GYM ALL THE TIME! THEN I GET RUN DOWN OR A SORE THROAT, OR SOME GAY CRAP LIKE THAT! :mad:

I always train heavy as possible my normal rep set routine is :

1 warmup , 10 reps , 6 reps failure : next exercise 8 reps , 6 reps failure : next exercise 8 reps, 6 reps failure finish this is for larger bodyparts on smaller bodyparts bi , tri , calves do 2 exercses :)

When you doing your next show JETHRO ?

Hmmm

Let's see.

I change things up at least once a month. Most basic split is Push / Pull / Legs (usually thighs only). Everything from somehting similar to Big A split to a 3 day split, training 6 x a week. COuld be German VOlume training, Doggcrapp style training (like HST), Drop sets, HIT, other syles of Holistic training. My standard, if I had to pick one, would probably be training 3x / week, each BP 1x / week. But, I think the "magic" is in variety (along with hard training of course), not in the program (as long as its reasonably constructed to avoid overtraining.)

Recently, I've been doing the following, which gives me a differenty workout each time. Been Training 6 x / week, too, but shorter workouts (<45 min).
1x / week - thighs, focusing on quads

EOD - Calves, alternating high rep (15-20), short rest interval workouts with high load 6-10 reps, longer rest interval (HIT style). Just ~5 sets each workout.

Delts: 2 x / week each
--- 1 workout is us. 5 sets of side laterals, lighter weight (10-15 reps), short rest. Other is 5-6 sets HEAVY (HIT style): 2-3 OH press, 1-2 side lateral, 2 rear delt.

Chest is like like delts : 2 x / week. 1 light workout (1 exercise using a smith bench or incline) and a heavy workout - only 4 sets, 4 diff. exercises (HIT style).

Back is like chest and delts: but training only once every 5 days. (I do lots of SLDL's which hit lats pretty hard.)

Biceps, triceps: 1 - 2 times / week (HIT)
Trap, Forearms are trained w/ back: 3 sets each, HIT

Abs are EOD, light workout (100+ crunches), alternating w/ a heavy workout (2-3 sets of 10-15).

-Randy

kIWI AND RANDY....

KIWI.......LOOKS LIKE LOW VOLUME, HEAVY TRAINING. I AM FEELING BETTER NOW.....TRAINING HARD AGAIN.....I AM CURRENTLY GATHERING A STASH OF "SSSUPPPLEMENTS" ACTUALLY GOT SOME OF THAT OUTDATED, BUT RIGHT FROM PHARMACY GH...PLUS SOME EQUIGEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE....GOT A THREE YEAR SUPPLY OF EVERYTHING ELSE!! I AM LOOKING AT ONE 18WEEKS AWAY. TO BE HONEST THOUGH....I FEEL LIKE..."WHY EVEN DO A SHOW UNLESS I AM FRIGGIN HUGE?" YOU EVER FEEL LIKE THAT? < PROBABLY NOT> ITS SEEMS LIKE YEAH, I COULD DIET MY TALL, SKINNY ASS DOWN, BE RIPPED AND DO WELL AMONGST THE OTHER TINY FELLAS AT MY LEVEL. ...BUT, UNLESS A GUY IS PRO BIG ....WHO REALLY CARES OTHER THAN A FELLAS FAMILY?
:rolleyes:

ANYBODY ELSE GET GREAT PUMPS WHEN THEY DO CHEST AND BACK TOGETHER?

I LOVE IT WHEN I DO CHINS FIRST FOR 4SETS FOLLOWED BY BARBELL INCLINES....HOLY CRAP! SWOLLEN.....MOST GUYS DON'T SEEM TO GROUP THOSE TOGETHER CAUSE THEY ARE SUCH BIG BODY PARTS I GUESS?

RANDY.....I ROTATE STUFF AROUND ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY KEEP IT FRESH! HAHAA

On the HST Program I just started doing this! I do chest then back - like very-slight incline press then bent-over rows and dips then close-grip pulldowns. When I do my back, I really focus on working (squeezing) my back. Then when I'm done, I do this stretch that's outlined by doggrapp (i think?!?).

xcel

EXCEL.....DO YOU LIKE IT? THAT CHEST AND BACK THING?

WHEN I TRAIN THEM ON THE SAME DAY I WALK AROUND FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AFTERWARDS LOOKING GOOD.....THEN I SHRINK BACK DOWN TO MY NORMAL, SPARROW LIKE PHYSIQUE! :D

All I can say at this point is - this program is kicking my butt big time. It's all I can do to get my full body workout done in one hour. This morning, my shirt was soaking wet from sweat and I could barely function. :) 24 sets (12 different exercises), 15 reps per set in 60 minutes (figure it takes 10-12 minutes just to set-up exercises/weights).

I'm sure most of this is just because it's a different "style" of workout than what I've been doing.

xcel

Last edited:
I think you should do another show sounds like you got everything there to do it :) but have your goal to increase your LBM as much as possible during your diet period. It's good to get focused on shows once in while other wise you lose the knack of getting down and looking on stage. Go hard JETHRO I know you can do well bro :)

Jethro...

I agree w/ the HUGEFRUIT. LOL. 18 weeks gives you time to add some size and then diet for 10-12 weeks. Maybe even try the big guy's clen and 'slin approach and grow while you diet.

If nothing else, do the show with the intent of using it to get MORE mass, i.e., to take advantage of the rebound. I did a show just for that reason (mostly) last year. After a show I ALWAYS bounce back to a new level of development (I still have a lot of growing to do...)

-Randy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave