over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PRO'S TRAIN WITH MACHINES???

i believe the key, weather with free weights or machines is heavy heavy compound movements. if you dont feel sick to your stomach after a set then the weight wasnt heavy enough. personally i only use one machine ever. the ham curl. and thats rare. if im just alittle too fatigued after squats to do stiff leg deads. monsters get built under massive loads. period. im talking about us average guys, not the genetically gifted that grow looking at weights.

Those Pro's you see in the video's have been pounding their bodies lifting heavy weight for many years. This takes it's toll and many guys end up using more machines to work around injuries and joint problems.

I'm no pro, but after 35 years of lifting, that's certainly the case for me

i can leg press 1,000lbs but can only squat 500.

People say that they can leg press a lot all the time. What they don't realize is that the weight they think they're doing isn't the weight they're actually doing. Most leg presses are set at around a 45 degree angle, or even a 30, and some 90 degrees. To find the actual weight you're moving you need to do a little math... let's say you're leg pressing 1000 lbs at a 35 degree angle, that means that :
(1000lbs)(sin35)= 573 lbs
Of course you must overcome friction, and there is the weight of the sled to think about, too, but still, the point is that leg presses aren't actually telling you how much you leg press.

I'm no pro, but after 35 years of lifting, that's certainly the case for me

The same for me too.... But in the long run we all figure out that it's not about what you can't do, it's about giving 100% on what you CAN do.

i believe the key, weather with free weights or machines is heavy heavy compound movements. if you dont feel sick to your stomach after a set then the weight wasnt heavy enough. personally i only use one machine ever. the ham curl. and thats rare. if im just alittle too fatigued after squats to do stiff leg deads. monsters get built under massive loads. period. im talking about us average guys, not the genetically gifted that grow looking at weights.

AMEN! Def. a Phil Hernon trainee :D (like myself)

The reason squats seem more difficult is because there are balancing components which encompass motor control over the whole body. This also means the risk of injury is much higher.

If you are a Powerlifter and you are competing in the EVENT OF THE SQUAT, then focus on squats... If not, the risk vs reward isn't really there.

.. if you dont feel sick to your stomach after a set then the weight wasnt heavy enough. ..

now come one, this simply isnt true and you know it.

you have to bear in mind that most of these videos are shot in pre contest phases when they are depleted/running on low cals and carbs to will be using machine to prevent injury.

i do agree tho that both machines and free weights have their uses and a variety is best altho machines can not replace things like bench press/squats and deadlifts.

i actually find free weights to be easier on my joints. i guess the best thing is find what you could use the most resistance on without screwing your joints.

do what ever you enjoy enough to be consistent.. if you absolutely dread squats and find yourself putting off leg workouts then go to what you enjoy doing consistently .. whether that be leg press, hacks ect..
i do believe that free weights are best in most circumstances but, when i did dc training i switched to machines for safety reasons.. i was no worse for wear.. it worked fine.. as i get older, i sometimes just cant stand the thought of hoisting heavy dumbells into place after a long day at work.. i dread the thought.. that is where having good machines comes in handy.. it allows me the chance to put 100% into a set with out dreading the dumbbells..
paul dillet made reference to this a few times .. he was know as a lazy trainer yes... but, he was consistant.. and he relied on machines mostly in his training.. if free weights were his only option , paul i am sure, would have missed many more workouts lol..
when i owned my gym i used machines almost 100% for my chest workouts.. i used hammer strength mostly and felt them more in my chest than any free weights no matter how much i worked on form.. and my chest improved dramatically back then.. so i stayed with it.. resistance placed on a muscle is just that . resistance..

do what ever you enjoy enough to be consistent.. if you absolutely dread squats and find yourself putting off leg workouts then go to what you enjoy doing consistently .. whether that be leg press, hacks ect..
i do believe that free weights are best in most circumstances but, when i did dc training i switched to machines for safety reasons.. i was no worse for wear.. it worked fine.. as i get older, i sometimes just cant stand the thought of hoisting heavy dumbells into place after a long day at work.. i dread the thought.. that is where having good machines comes in handy.. it allows me the chance to put 100% into a set with out dreading the dumbbells..
paul dillet made reference to this a few times .. he was know as a lazy trainer yes... but, he was consistant.. and he relied on machines mostly in his training.. if free weights were his only option , paul i am sure, would have missed many more workouts lol..
when i owned my gym i used machines almost 100% for my chest workouts.. i used hammer strength mostly and felt them more in my chest than any free weights no matter how much i worked on form.. and my chest improved dramatically back then.. so i stayed with it.. resistance placed on a muscle is just that . resistance..

PERFECT THESIS.

DAMN I MUST BE ALONE IN MY OPINION BUT I HATE THE HAMMER MACHINES. SMITH AND BAR/FREE FOR ME. SELDOM DO I USE DUMBELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason squats seem more difficult is because there are balancing components which encompass motor control over the whole body. This also means the risk of injury is much higher.

If you are a Powerlifter and you are competing in the EVENT OF THE SQUAT, then focus on squats... If not, the risk vs reward isn't really there.

:rolleyes:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510