over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

protecting a design idea

Anthropo-Morphism

Newbies
Hi All. not sure where else to post on this forum in regards to an idea/invention i have come up with nearly 10yrs ago in regards to gym equipment. ive come up with a number of pieces that i know would be a great assett to fitness entheusiasts,bodybuilding etc. i have enquired about patent my ideas but was told need type of illistration & or working proto-types, & possibly costing many thousands of £££s i dont have,I REALLY WANT TO CONTACT Hammer Strength but they would take me to the cleaners take the idea/s if they like them & produce them, i wouldent stand chance in a court of law against such a company, So far i have got in touch with my local university of design & concept, & have a meeting set up to have 1 of my designs on a working 3D life like model, i have written a none disclosure agreement for the tutor to agree to & sign, would i then contact Hammer:confused: OR go to next stage & have life size fully functional proto-type made. then contact Hammer. How do i protect my design/s i may even look into some1 even coming in with me who knows about this type of thing. Advice Welcome:)

Not sure if you're in the U.S. or not but it more than likely is still applicable...I would begin by searching for similar patents first through the US Patent database: US Patent Full-Text Database Boolean Search

Once you have 100% definitively confirmed there is nothing else out there, granted or PENDING, then you should carry forward. I have made inefficient mistakes in the past and have created prototypes after only doing internet searches for existing products but then come to find out a patent was awarded although the inventor is just sitting on it.

After you are confident that you're ready to roll, you'll first want to secure what's called a Provisional Patent. This is more easily granted, gives you one year to finalize the patent, and also gives you legal rights to it in court in case someone attempts the same product after your initial provisional.

Their are companies out there that can handle that for you for under a couple hundred dollars. Illustrations can be completed for less that $100 for a few angles. Look up Oakwood, a patent attorney in NYC. He's inexpensive and can get the job done way cheaper than anyone else and been in business for years.

P.S. - Inventions are one of my hobbies. Good luck and DON'T PROCRASTINATE ANY LONGER!

Thanks for your input, im from uk, however im pretty sure there is nothing like this on the market ,but i need to check anyhow as you stated some1 may have it granted or pending. thanks for link will check it out, so i also need a patent attorney, again need to look into this, im going to persiue (excuse spelling) this as they will be a great attribute.:)

No other option but to get a lawyer.

Thanks Ness, by the sounds of this its gonna get pretty pricy, im not puty off as i know there will be its place within this industry, maybe i shoud start leaning towards an invester with a little more knolledge (excuss spelling) had these ideas now for sooo long i just want to see them in production ive already seen 2 of my ideas come to market (well there were modifications) just dont want to miss out big time

Thanks Ness, by the sounds of this its gonna get pretty pricy, im not puty off as i know there will be its place within this industry, maybe i shoud start leaning towards an invester with a little more knolledge (excuss spelling) had these ideas now for sooo long i just want to see them in production ive already seen 2 of my ideas come to market (well there were modifications) just dont want to miss out big time

You can do a lot of the legal legwork yourself. You need to visit the government agencies regarding patents, intelligent property, etc. and figure out the steps its takes to get the ball going. Spend a few days researching and pursuing the process for yourself. Save money and then pay a good lawyer when you have to.

Apprieciate your help Ness thankyou
So basically i can find the relivent ins n outs etc that covers exactly what is required then have a would it be a solicetor/patent attorney to go over checkout my findings then have it signed sealed & stamped so to say, am i along the right lines here, your input would be apprieciated:)

Here's a link to the patent attorney law office I mentioned:

**broken link removed**

Within the site, the explain some of the steps you need to take. This lawyer is much cheaper than any others I have found. Their TOTAL cost is $1,776 USD I believe so compare that to $5-10k anywhere else. Just another resource for you to look into.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131