over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein and amino acids for athletes

Kaladryn

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My dam phone isn't opening pdfs... Can u paste the summary?

Kaladryn...what's your opinion on the article? I'm waiting to see the debates on here if a lot of ppl read it.

What I got out of it basically is 2g or protein per bdywt is fine for our type of athletes and that timing is very important on aminos etc. A lot of other stuff, but that was the important stuff to me.

Kaladryn...what's your opinion on the article? I'm waiting to see the debates on here if a lot of ppl read it.

What I got out of it basically is 2g or protein per bdywt is fine for our type of athletes and that timing is very important on aminos etc. A lot of other stuff, but that was the important stuff to me.

Where did you see that?

I read it quick and maybe I misunderstood.

What I got from it is the max level of protein needed is .77 grams/lb So for a 250 lb guy approx 193 grams a day.

From my experience I like 1.5gr protein lean body mass pretty much what they are saying just they use kg. And aminos only when deep in a diet. But that is all from my trial and error any more then 3-350protein and I'm farting like a machine. One after the other it's disgusting

Here is the abstract.

The main determinants of an athlete's protein needs are their training regime and habitual nutrient intake. Most athletes ingest sufficient protein in their habitual diet. Additional protein will confer only a minimal, albeit arguably important, additional advantage. Given sufficient energy intake, lean body mass can be maintained within a wide range of protein intakes. Since there is limited evidence for harmful effects of a high protein intake and there is a metabolic rationale for the efficacy of an increase in protein, if muscle hypertrophy is the goal, a higher protein intake within the context of an athlete's overall dietary requirements may be beneficial. However, there are few convincing outcome data to indicate that the ingestion of a high amount of protein (2-3 g x kg(-1) BW x day(-1), where BW = body weight) is necessary. Current literature suggests that it may be too simplistic to rely on recommendations of a particular amount of protein per day. Acute studies suggest that for any given amount of protein, the metabolic response is dependent on other factors, including the timing of ingestion in relation to exercise and/or other nutrients, the composition of ingested amino acids and the type of protein.

great post man.

...to me, it just says that most BBers are doin everything fine lol

some dudes eat 450g, others 220...if u are at least hitting a gram per lb of bw, you are doing fine

Very interesting read.

When I was overseas my command sent a soldier home with possible heart problems. They claimed it was because of excess use of protein powders. I say it was because of stress at home since this all happened about a week after returning to county form leave. They gave all the rest of us that used protein a hard time for the rest of the tour.

This helps me to believe that I was right and they were full of shit.

great read!

thank you!

I assume this is for natural athletes? If someone is enhanced requirements changes i little bit or not?

I was always under the impression that there was an inverse relationship between protein needs and how many carbs you eat. Doesn't your body prefer carbohydrate for energy and finding that sweet spot of carbs to spare protein being used for energy (although physically inefficient for normal life for metabolic/dieting purposes fine). I still would start the 1g/lb.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws