over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein bar recommendations?

Wrong again Bob. There's no added sugar. Its honey.

The ingredient deck is peanut butter, honey, MTS Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate, Rolled Oats, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder and Natural Flavors. That is it. That is a thing of beauty for people wanting to each clean.
Well, I think we’re splitting hairs there. I mean, honey is 80-85% sugars by weight (mostly fructose and glucose).

If you think adding honey to a product is equivalent to adding sugar, corn syrup, whatever...i guess we agree to disagree.
I suppose when comparing honey to its individual sugar constituents, I think they’re more similar than not. Sure it has some micronutrients that extracted sugars won’t have, but I think the benefit of including honey is probably more in the baking/cooking process. Just my 2 cents though. Cheers.

Oh and outright bars are pretty tasty and easy on digestion (unlike some).

My Wife has her entire Nursing unit living off them right now. I've only tried 2-3 and they were substantially better than any Quest bar i've ever had. Didnt have the slime coat texture.

The ingredient deck is peanut butter, honey, MTS Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate, Rolled Oats, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder and Natural Flavors. That is it. That is a thing of beauty for people wanting to each clean.
Have a Bar right in front of me. 19 grams added sugar. Doesn't matter if this source is honey, agave, or any other caloric sweetener, it is still sugar.

I always put mine in the microwave, game changer lol. For those of you with Costco memberships, their protein bars are almost the same thing and about half the price. They come in boxes with two flavors, my favorite being chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie
I do the same, about 8 sec for a Quest bar in the microwave and perfection. However you just reminded me of the Costco ones so I'm hitting it tonight to grab some. I'll have to fight the damn Christmas crowd though!!!

Just ordered some of these. Heard good things

MetRX cookie dough (the squishy one) was my first protein bar I tried, maybe back in the late 90’s or so and to this day is the one that never upsets my stomach. Although as far as quality, GoMacro bars have become favorites.... more of a general meal replacement bar than a protein bar though.

The comment above is incorrect as dextrose is a part of the PB

To my knowledge the Almond Butter variants has the cleanest ingredients.

Many apologies... apparently I have to stop posting first thing in the morning.

To clarify by cleanest ingredients I was referring to the avoidance of Fully Hydrogenated oils. This includes the cashew butter option.

My Outright bars just arrived today and they are unreal. Got the choc chip cookie dough pb and the Apple cinnamon pb. Delicious, probably best bar I’ve had to date, besides the original best bar ever

the white chocolate built bars. Salted caramel, Cherry sundae and cookies and cream are amazing. Whey protein isolate bars with 2.5 fat, 18 carb (6fiber) and 17 protein

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws