over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

protein cycling?

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone take in less protein on certain days?
Like eat less...

I eat a little less protein on my off days from the gym to give my digestive system a bit of a break

This is an interesting topic for me... I haven't seen any research (nor have I looked for it) but I reduced my protein dramatically for a week to give digestive system a break (so full, never hungry) from 360 to around 200 and I felt much much better in regards to hunger, energy. I plan on throwing this in periodically when feeling run down and full all the time

Eating less protein is relative. Same as protein/carb cycling.

What I see as being more important is protein variety versus protein amount.

^^^Agreed

Base it off digestion and rotate sources to ensure a full amino acid profile and to avoid developing any intolerances

^^^Agreed

Base it off digestion and rotate sources to ensure a full amino acid profile and to avoid developing any intolerances

I agree with this.

If anyone watched the "Sports Nutrition for Peak Athletic Performance" seminar that ELITEFTS recorded awhile back, Dr. Seranno had some interesting thoughts on rotating macro %'s when progress stalls. He even called a guy out in the crowd as an example.

He had been eating a relatively bodybuilding high protein diet and had stalled and had some digestion issues. Seranno dropped protein low, i'm talking 100-150g low, but raised his fats significantly. The dude was taking in something like 500g of fats. And even with this change, the dude made gains in the gym. I know that doesnt sound IDEAL to anyone here but it just shows you that cycling your macros is an interesting approach that could work.

I agree with this.

If anyone watched the "Sports Nutrition for Peak Athletic Performance" seminar that ELITEFTS recorded awhile back, Dr. Seranno had some interesting thoughts on rotating macro %'s when progress stalls. He even called a guy out in the crowd as an example.

He had been eating a relatively bodybuilding high protein diet and had stalled and had some digestion issues. Seranno dropped protein low, i'm talking 100-150g low, but raised his fats significantly. The dude was taking in something like 500g of fats. And even with this change, the dude made gains in the gym. I know that doesnt sound IDEAL to anyone here but it just shows you that cycling your macros is an interesting approach that could work.

I watched this too.. interesting stuff. Consistency is what supposedly makes bodybuilders tho!

I agree with this.

FUCKING love Serrano

When I first started fifteen years ago, I read an interview with Robby Robinson saying that on off weight training days less protein is needed.

I take in more like now when carbs are 100 grams, Ill get in 70-80 grams on some meals instead of 40-50.

Milos Sarcev thoroughly believes two grams per pound of bodyweight if a serious bodybuilder at all times to look your best and he looks really great at his age.

Less protein on training days due to higher carb intake
More protein on non-training days due to lower carb intake (also increase fats)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws