over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Digestion Problems

Hungarian

Registered
Hello folks,

About 3 months ago I developed constant diarrhea. It took me a little while to realize dairy products are the culprit, so whey protein and milk went out the window.

Its clear that I developed lactose intolerance in my adulthood, but what I don't understand is that True Protein's Beef Protein Isolate gives me the runs just as bad as their Cold filtration Isolate (which has trace amounts of lactose supposedly) LBA's don't give me any problems on the other hand.

This leads me to think that its not the whey or BPI itself giving me the runs but maybe the premium flavoring, artificial coloring, or some other ingredient present in both powders.

What do you think could be causing the problems? obviously dairy does bother my stomach, but why do the whey and beef protein isolate equally upset my stomach?

I have egg white protein and pea protein as well that I'm going to try, but I'm confident that I'll see the same thing happening :eek:

Does lean beef give you a problem?? The only reason I'm asking is because maybe its the artifical sweetners in the products your using. The same issue happened to me then I switched to a whey isolate protein with estevia as the sweetner and seemed to help a lot. It is a little more pricey, but it may help. Hope this helps...

You might try a soy protein. MM

The Beef protein gave me stomach issues for about a week then it subsided , i'd try getting hold of some raw milk and drink a little each day , that will help with the lactose intolerance.

Next idea would be switch to egg protein

Does lean beef give you a problem?? The only reason I'm asking is because maybe its the artifical sweetners in the products your using. The same issue happened to me then I switched to a whey isolate protein with estevia as the sweetner and seemed to help a lot. It is a little more pricey, but it may help. Hope this helps...

No, beef itself, or any other meat does cause any problems. I'll try stevia sweetened protein and unflavored protein and see how that works...

The Beef protein gave me stomach issues for about a week then it subsided , i'd try getting hold of some raw milk and drink a little each day , that will help with the lactose intolerance.

Next idea would be switch to egg protein

By "stomach issues" do you mean bloating or the runs? So consuming raw milk regularly could help with the lactose intolerance?

Enzymes?

Do you take any probiotics/digestive enzymes especially those that target and break down protein such as Bromelain? Doctor's Best has a 3,000GDU version that I take religiously. I also use protein with Stevia as the sweetener and I never have issues. Cheers.

Do you take any probiotics/digestive enzymes especially those that target and break down protein such as Bromelain? Doctor's Best has a 3,000GDU version that I take religiously. I also use protein with Stevia as the sweetener and I never have issues. Cheers.

I take a probiotic called protexin, but no protease enzyme or bromelain. How should I dose the bromelain? Does it need to be taken with each meal?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131