over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein drink with meals?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In the past i always had solid food meals and shakes (or LBA's) in between meals.
I never had protein drinks with meals. You dont really see that much at all.
I am about to do a re-comp/light blast and to keep from having to eat so much solid food at once, and to cut down on cals I am
going to be having @20gm protein drink w most meals to get my required protein in

Anyone do this long term?
Anyone doing it now?
Any cons to this?
-F

for me I do liquid egg whites in between actually all throughout day because of digestion issues but regardless I take enzymes to help break down the massive amounts of protein (protease, pepsin, acetic acid papain, etc) I like to do whey too but it takes more enzyme for me to break down

If your digestion can handle a full-on protein shake and you stay within your goals/macros by doing so physique wise, and dont compromise them - I would say go for it, but regardless to increase nutrient absorption in general digestive enzymes are a good idea , let us know how it works for you.

I religiously drank a 25 gram shake after every single meal I ate, as well as setting an alarm to wake up at night and drink one, for probably 13 years and I went from 140 lbs out of high school to about 240 doing this before whey really started giving me gastric distress

i love sushi but its usually too low in protein but the carbs are bout right.
soooo, with a 20-25gm protein shake my fave sushi meal hits my macros near perfect.
i shoulda done this sooner...
but i kinda see it as a way to make some of my fave "normal" meals fit my macros.
-F

I'm actually doing this now because I can't get the volume of solid food down so I'm eating 3-4oz meat with 3-4oz carbs and a 25g shake.
Aside from my stomach issues it definitely has helped with stomach bloating and smaller less frequent bowel movement

I have done this many times over the years. It's a very simple but effective approach for bumping up protein. I was doing it recently adding approx 30g synthepure to a few meals per day. Although the majority of the time I drink EAA's in between meals instead.

I've done it many, many times. Sometimes for months. No problems. I'm always hungry with a seemingly iron stomach though so I'm a poor example. Where are your macros at currently? If you'll need the protein then def do it!

i love sushi but its usually too low in protein but the carbs are bout right.
soooo, with a 20-25gm protein shake my fave sushi meal hits my macros near perfect.
i shoulda done this sooner...
but i kinda see it as a way to make some of my fave "normal" meals fit my macros.
-F
I only eat nigiri sushi. 50/50 fish to rice. Plenty high in protein

I only eat nigiri sushi. 50/50 fish to rice. Plenty high in protein
Same. I get a sushi platter or sashimi platter. Not much for the rolls except as a treat (usually eel).

Ya i always get a Vegas roll fir the extra calories and cause it’s yummy, but the nigiri and sashimi are where it’s at for me. My favorite is a place by me that serves a huge ass chirashi bowl that probably has 3/4 pound of fish in it
Same. I get a sushi platter or sashimi platter. Not much for the rolls except as a treat (usually eel).

I did this last year for breakfast when growing - a shake with 1 scoop protein, 1-2 whole eggs and egg whites, and cranberry juice. I like to start the day with a light but nutritious meal and have my heavier meals closer to training.

I did this last year for breakfast when growing - a shake with 1 scoop protein, 1-2 whole eggs and egg whites, and cranberry juice. I like to start the day with a light but nutritious meal and have my heavier meals closer to training.
An easy to gulp down breakfast (and fast to cook) for me is just a half dozen scrambled eggs and a ham steak. Don't need any toast or anything. Delicious ham and eggs too! (I also use some Dave's hot sauce). Great for before that miserable morning cardio. Plus no carbs!

Always using two scoops of whey with a table spoon of baking powder, mix them in a bowl with little water, and microwave it for 1 min. Protein dessert in a minute. You can put some milk or greek yoghurt after microwave it to make it better or you can mix it with liquid egg whites instead of water. I have this 2-3 times a day.

Always using two scoops of whey with a table spoon of baking powder, mix them in a bowl with little water, and microwave it for 1 min. Protein dessert in a minute. You can put some milk or greek yoghurt after microwave it to make it better or you can mix it with liquid egg whites instead of water. I have this 2-3 times a day.
About how much water ? Or what is the consistency of the mix before microwaving ? Ive been doing overnight oats and protein powder lime a custard. Would like a low carb option too

About how much water ? Or what is the consistency of the mix before microwaving ? Ive been doing overnight oats and protein powder lime a custard. Would like a low carb option too
Been mixing one scoop of chocolate casein powder, one scoop of chocolate whey iso, and one scoop of powdered peanut butter. Mix with enough water to make it a pudding consistency. Tastes like Reese's peanut butter cup pudding. If you want to treat yourself a couple spoonfuls of cool whip lite on top tastes really good too.

Are you sure you meant a tablespoon and not a teaspoon? A tablespoon sounds like a loooot of baking powder

About how much water ? Or what is the consistency of the mix before microwaving ? Ive been doing overnight oats and protein powder lime a custard. Would like a low carb option toos

About how much water ? Or what is the consistency of the mix before microwaving ? Ive been doing overnight oats and protein powder lime a custard. Would like a low carb optio
Been mixing one scoop of chocolate casein powder, one scoop of chocolate whey iso, and one scoop of powdered peanut butter. Mix with enough water to make it a pudding consistency. Tastes like Reese's peanut butter cup pudding. If you want to treat yourself a couple spoonfuls of cool whip lite on top tastes really good too.

Just enough water (very little) to have a creamy or pudding consistency. After making one or two you will find out by yourself. It depends from the protein powder you are using and how many scoops you put in.

DC recommended this in the early days for growing. 20g (obviously arbitrary) shake w every meal when growing. 5-7 meals a day and it sure made hitting 400-500g pro a day easier. Best I ever grew... Alas, those days are long gone.

I still do one whole raw egg (fresh and local) w 25g iso w 3 meals generally. I never drink a shake now w/o atleast one whole 🥚

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131