over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein in rice

Bertucci

Registered
So the rice I use says there are 3 grams of protein per 1/4 cup. For the people who use rice, how many of you guys count that into your protein consumption for the day?

Count protein as protein fats as fats and carbs as carbs don't worry about if there is a few grams of protein in rice or a few grams of fat in oatmeal or a few carbs in almonds.

Count protein as protein fats as fats and carbs as carbs don't worry about if there is a few grams of protein in rice or a few grams of fat in oatmeal or a few carbs in almonds.

Exactly. Don't count protein in rice towards your proton source.

Ive never counted it before but I'm starting to wonder that because I'm eating 3+ cups of rice a day if that would make sense to count toward protein totals

Just confirming what the other replies have said. No one's going to count the protein is rice toward their daily protein target. Count meat. And eggs. And protein shakes too, I suppose, if you must. Only.

Yates counted protein from all sources and only ate around 300g/day also...

Certain days I have lots of rice, pasta and oats. Some days tha would easily be over 50g... why not count it? Don't get me wrong I never count calories in a major way but if I am working out my protein I am gonna count that. Sure I won't be counting my 1.5g in my banana as that would be getting very silly but things like pasta and rice etc... definately.

Last edited:
I stopped all that counting of grams of this and grams of that crap a long time ago. I eat when I'm hungry now and keep the sugar and junk food to a minimum. Less stress in my life and it has not hurt my physique in any way. I wish from the beginning I had dropped 99% of the anal behavior some of us believe we must adhere to in order to be a bodybuilder.

I don't count it as it has low leucine content and therefore initiates a poor anabolic response.

I stopped all that counting of grams of this and grams of that crap a long time ago. I eat when I'm hungry now and keep the sugar and junk food to a minimum. Less stress in my life and it has not hurt my physique in any way. I wish from the beginning I had dropped 99% of the anal behavior some of us believe we must adhere to in order to be a bodybuilder.

I stopped almost all weighing of food when not in contest prep. It was hard to give up, you get addicted to weighing everything. It's like, "what I'm just going to eat an arbitrary amount of something? That's crazy!" But eventually I gave it up and I even think it's healthier this way because I sense how much of something I need instead of being stuck on a number.

During contest prep, it's back to super anal...

I stopped almost all weighing of food when not in contest prep. It was hard to give up, you get addicted to weighing everything. It's like, "what I'm just going to eat an arbitrary amount of something? That's crazy!" But eventually I gave it up and I even think it's healthier this way because I sense how much of something I need instead of being stuck on a number.

During contest prep, it's back to super anal...

Kaladryn I agree with being anal for prep 100% but the vast majority will never step on a stage. For them why not look at bodybuilding as a hobby rather than something that consumes so much of your life and compromises your sanity.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws