over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

protein in urine

some more info, apparently at my physical last year (about 1 year) my protein was even higher, it was 100 (it was 30 this time), but my creatinine was fine then a month ago it was trace. now its up to 30

so it was higher, it got lower, now its higher again (but not as high).

I would think if i had permanent damage, it would not go down and up it would remain high, correct?

But either way, i will get blood work done next week.

I understand what your saying about training hard possibly making me have protein in my urine test, but not 100% clear what this means. So you are saying I should not be worried (with my protein being +1 which is above trace). Or do you believe I should be worried?

Just make sure you are getting your urine actually tested and it's not just a dipstick reading. If it is just a dipstick reading and it's a low amount of protein, it's 98% chance just myoglobin, which is harmless in small amounts, don't train for 3 days or so and retest.

Just make sure you are getting your urine actually tested and it's not just a dipstick reading. If it is just a dipstick reading and it's a low amount of protein, it's 98% chance just myoglobin, which is harmless in small amounts, don't train for 3 days or so and retest.

thanks for the clarity, what do you mean by dipstick reading? the test i got was a urunalysis, the one that tests for std's. but it also gives white blood cells, protein amount, etc. im assuming this is an actual urine test? the only other test I know of is the 24 hour test that a nephrologist would do.

To be sure I would like to take a week off to train before doing the analyzes.

Same situation here. Spilled 4 grams in 24hr Test yet everything else was ok. Egfr was in the 90s. I have had foamy urine for probably 20 years and never thought something was wrong, I thought everyone peed like that. Completely clueless. Never had high blood pressure either. All my bloodwork is spot on too, nephrologist had no explanation and wanted me to go for biopsy which I can’t do right now because of all the other surgeries I had/ am having recently (rotator cuff, tricep, etc).

Did your doc want a biopsy ? What’s the verdict with this? Will run another 24hr in the spring to see if my spill # improved.

Did you ever get this figured out bro?

Just got back from the nephrologist. Got myself checked due to protein in urine. Dont have the exact numbers on me right now but can get em. My blood creatinine is slightly high and my egfr is normal. Blood pressure in the 130s over 80 lately. Nephrologist wants to run more blood work in January to test for auto immune diseases as well as 24 hour urine clearence and some other bloods.

He also reccomended i drop my sodium and drop my protein to 100 grams a day which to me sounded nuts.

What do you guys think about dietary changes?

Just checked online, my 24 hour urine test showed 1.49 grams per day and 0.24 grams per liter. Blood Creatinine is 122umol/l and egfr is 69

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88