over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein in urine

hugostiglitz87

Registered
I was in urgent care yesterday for back pain. I pulled a muscle in my lower back. They had me pee in a cup and did a p.o.c. test. Everything came back negative accept for protein it was 2+ in my urine. The er Dr ask me if I eat a lot of protein I use to not this past year. I've had labs done before as of 3 months ago and had no protein in my urine.

Should I get blood work done for in depth answers? I don't feel my kidneys are filtering bad.

Currently just running my trt program by my endo and adding 50mg of anavar.

What are somethings I should add to test for my next blood work to check?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

myoglobin shows up as protein on a dip stick (+2 is a dipstick reading I'm pretty sure), hard workouts will release some myoglobin into the urine.

Because of the amount of whey I use I have to tell doctor every time e they doa urine test ,she says it's normal for protien to be higher in my urine than most people because of the amount i consumer .

myoglobin shows up as protein on a dip stick (+2 is a dipstick reading I'm pretty sure), hard workouts will release some myoglobin into the urine.
I figured that I've rid that alot. I just worked 12 hours prior.

This for sure. I did a dip stick test at home just for the hell of it and freaked out when the protein result showed up. I did some quick research, diddnt workout for three days then retested and it was perfectly normal. I did this periodically over the next three months out of paranoia lol

Because of the amount of whey I use I have to tell doctor every time e they doa urine test ,she says it's normal for protien to be higher in my urine than most people because of the amount i consumer .

You should not have protein in your urine bro. I drink 200 grams of protein through whey and don't have protein in my urine.

I've had 2+ protein in my urine for many years but I do have a lower kidney numbers (most likely from 30+years of AS use). If you want to test your kidneys, the test is eGFR but this is an estimate and most larger guys will have a higher creatinine level so a 24 hour urine test is best. Last time I went to my kidney Dr, my eGFR was 49 and my 24 hour showed my creatinine clearance at 74, which corrected for BSA was 56. still not great but more accurate and better

I've had 2+ protein in my urine for many years but I do have a lower kidney numbers (most likely from 30+years of AS use). If you want to test your kidneys, the test is eGFR but this is an estimate and most larger guys will have a higher creatinine level so a 24 hour urine test is best. Last time I went to my kidney Dr, my eGFR was 49 and my 24 hour showed my creatinine clearance at 74, which corrected for BSA was 56. still not great but more accurate and better

By the way, you will not "feel" your kidneys not functioning correctly but over time factors come up. Caught early enough, changes can be made to correct the factors causing additional damage.

What are some good supplements to cleanse the kidneys?

astragalus

Do you know the source of the back pain? If you've had an injury back there I doubt you have to worry, but I do know that sometimes kidney issues can manifest as lower back pain.

You should not have protein in your urine bro. I drink 200 grams of protein through whey and don't have protein in my urine.

So how much protein do you take in daily , you said 200 grams from whey powder alone right

cystatin C is better marker for kidney health but it is more expensive to test

Probably a good ideate follow-up with a full work-up and if necessary see a urologist or nephrologist especially if you have insurance. Better to find the problem early on if one is present. It could be something simple and relatively benign but it's possible it is not. You might even have an infection or a slight herniation of some part of the urino genital tract.

Protein in Urine

My advice go to urologist. That can be low kidney function and signs of Type 2 diabetes. You are not processing the sugars in your body. Muscles are no absorbing the sugars.

So how much protein do you take in daily , you said 200 grams from whey powder alone right

Anywhere from 250-350 depending on what I'm doing. I've always relied heavily on whey to fill in because I'm not a big eater and always need to forcefeed food. Been doing this for 11 years now.

Edit- yes 200 grams from whey if I am eating around 300 grams.

Last edited:
Do not work out for 48 hours. Eat lower protein for 48 hours. Drink a lot of water and then go get bloods. Just get the privateMdLabs

Women Hormones Testing | Private MD Labs

This will give you a ton of good information. More than just kidney stuff.

Post up your numbers.

I will do this weekend. I dont even think i eat that my much protein i dont ive been at the same weight for 240 lbs for 2 years now havent grown much.

I've had this a few times all in er testing from different doctors. And all have told me the same thing it's from heavy lifting. Rest of lab came back normal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity