over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Intolerance- Help!

well if it worked good for you in the past i think you should consider
if it could be digestive tract health look at some digestive emzymes
more fiber , yogart ect , more fresh vegatables and fruit
as for the pain it was stomach pain not kidneye right ?

I'm pretty sure it's my stomach.

I have no clue what is causing this, but I have my doubts that it is due to an intolerance or allergic reaction mainly because he would be experiencing the same thing when he drinks milk, which he doesn't.

That's exactly what I was thinking....It doesnt make sense to me

I've been drinking whey protein for years. I always get it from true protein, but all of a sudden this year I cannot digest it. A shake will bring me to my knees due to the pain. I took a break from whey and ordered a multi-blend order or protein( whey, egg white, casein) and it was even worse. Made me vomit 15 minutes after drinking it.

Since then I have not used any whey for 4 months yet I can drink milk with no issues. This is very frustrating because it is almost impossible to hit 500g of protein a day without a shake or two.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Can this be solved or am I doomed to never being able to digest whey? Thanks!
Start taking digestive enzymes, specifically betaine HCl and pepsin, with all your high protein meals especially protein shakes. Take protein powder with an equal amount of fat to aid protein digestion. This is all Gironda knowledge and it works like a Rolex.

Is it similar to dissipated liver.
That's desiccated liver bro. It's funny, in another thread you called it "dedicated liver."
I'm looking forward to what you'll call it next. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey AMC,

I believe Emeric is correct, but here's a little more info.
Btw, 500 grams of protein is very harsh long term on your system and cannot be utilized by your body. Just ain't gonna happen.

Hope this helps:

This may be caused by a number of different issues, but our initial thoughts would be that you have developed an intolerance to lactose or dairy due to the large amount of material that you are consuming daily. If you are only drinking a small amount of milk, it may not show noticeable effects, but when slamming down hundreds of grams of protein, the overall lactose content may now be affecting you. If it is a new sensitivity to lactose or dairy, you would experience the same issues when switching brands. Another possibility is that you have developed an allergy to soy, which is used in minute amounts in the instantization process for nearly all whey proteins on the market. This might be worth looking in to as well. Possible alternatives would be to use a vegetable based protein powder like the Gemma Pea Protein or Rice Protein,
Hemp or the Tri-Blend. It's a myth that all your protein has to come from animal sources. Or try a material like 100% Egg White Protein or Beef Protein Isolate to see if this resolves the issues. If you have been using Whey Protein Concentrate, I would recommend using Whey Protein Isolate in its place as well, which has nearly all of the lactose removed and is much easier to digest.

MT

I've been drinking whey protein for years. I always get it from true protein, but all of a sudden this year I cannot digest it. A shake will bring me to my knees due to the pain. I took a break from whey and ordered a multi-blend order or protein( whey, egg white, casein) and it was even worse. Made me vomit 15 minutes after drinking it.

Since then I have not used any whey for 4 months yet I can drink milk with no issues. This is very frustrating because it is almost impossible to hit 500g of protein a day without a shake or two.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Can this be solved or am I doomed to never being able to digest whey? Thanks!

Hey AMC,

I believe Emeric is correct, but here's a little more info.
Btw, 500 grams of protein is very harsh long term on your system and cannot be utilized by your body. Just ain't gonna happen.

Hope this helps:

This may be caused by a number of different issues, but our initial thoughts would be that you have developed an intolerance to lactose or dairy due to the large amount of material that you are consuming daily. If you are only drinking a small amount of milk, it may not show noticeable effects, but when slamming down hundreds of grams of protein, the overall lactose content may now be affecting you. If it is a new sensitivity to lactose or dairy, you would experience the same issues when switching brands. Another possibility is that you have developed an allergy to soy, which is used in minute amounts in the instantization process for nearly all whey proteins on the market. This might be worth looking in to as well. Possible alternatives would be to use a vegetable based protein powder like the Gemma Pea Protein or Rice Protein,
Hemp or the Tri-Blend. It's a myth that all your protein has to come from animal sources. Or try a material like 100% Egg White Protein or Beef Protein Isolate to see if this resolves the issues. If you have been using Whey Protein Concentrate, I would recommend using Whey Protein Isolate in its place as well, which has nearly all of the lactose removed and is much easier to digest.

MT

I really appreciate the reply. I have been looking into LBA's and other protein sources for now, but I am curious to discover what caused this specifically. The whey I was using was Whey protein Isolate, so it's definitely not a lactose issue which is what bothers me!

I can drink milk by the gallon, eat yogurt and cheese with zero issues what so ever, but one scoop of whey protein isolate or team skip whey( 1/3 egg white, 1/3 whey, 1/3 casein) and I get really sick. It been roughly 4 months since my last attempt at a shake, but I will try again tonight and report back!

More replies would be awesome. Thanks again everyone for the help :)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear