advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein myth has it finally been debunked???

Ivan

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Guys I really want to know ---- does it get wasted if I go over say 80grams per meal? Or is that all bullshit?

Basically I want to know if I can eat like 3 big ass meals throughout the day (time is major factor here) and the meals themselves prolly are 70 grams of protein, plus I take a shake w/every meal in the balpark of 60 grams a shake.... .I usually eat around 250 complex carbs a meal too.....

VERDICT>?:eek:

PS --- don't ya'll remember all these fitness gurus saying anything over 40 grams is a waste as the body could not synthesize it blah blah.....

Also keep in mind I am on test and EQ and slin on training days,

Last edited:
i don't think science can say all people can only digest 35 grams at a time. I think the amount of lean body mass a person has and the amount of stress he puts on his body body through exercise are determining factors of this. a couch potatoes body will synthesize nutrients less effieciently than a large weight lifter who always eats large amounts of healthy foods. I think drugs will also enhance your ability. I think I read somewhere about a study done on hard trainding athletes that claims 70 grams can be absorbed at once. I think every person probably vairies on this. But i would definately say u could absorb more than 35 grams. I don't know how someone could get 400 plus grams a day eating 40 grams per meal. they would have to eat over 10 times a day.

I do think it would be more beneficial to space meals out but you gotta do what you gotta do. Buy some extra MRPs and shakes. They can help out alot.

Last edited:
my opinion, for what its worth is this.. i belive that most of us take in too much protein..sure, if one is taking anabolics, the bodys ability to utilize protein increases.. also, stress on the body increases its requirement.. but, that being said, i belive that anything over the 250 grams a day mark is worthless.. i am experimenting with a higher carb routine right now and it is amazing how much better i feel..getting back to your question about how much per meal.. it is always better to have protein spread out through the day instead of forcing mega amounts down in one sitting.. i strive for about 40 to 50 per meal (i have three meals a day) and i have two shakes a day for 40-50 grams a piece..i am fine with this. but, again, just my opinion.. :D

I believe the high protein effects have to do with total calorie intake. If you're taking in lots of protein but are close to a calorie maintainance amout (or deficient), it'll convert to glucose, which I believe this conversion increases your metabolism.

If your calorie intake is too high, excess protein may just convert to fat. I have no proof to my theory other than that seems to be what happens to me under those scenarios.

xcel

hmmm

So perhaps save the shakes for diff. times instead of my beverage for my meals.....ok...

LATS said:
my opinion, for what its worth is this.. i belive that most of us take in too much protein..sure, if one is taking anabolics, the bodys ability to utilize protein increases.. also, stress on the body increases its requirement.. but, that being said, i belive that anything over the 250 grams a day mark is worthless.. i am experimenting with a higher carb routine right now and it is amazing how much better i feel..getting back to your question about how much per meal.. it is always better to have protein spread out through the day instead of forcing mega amounts down in one sitting.. i strive for about 40 to 50 per meal (i have three meals a day) and i have two shakes a day for 40-50 grams a piece..i am fine with this. but, again, just my opinion.. :D

see, i kinda disagree with that only cause even if i keep my calories the same and up my protein and lower everything else to compensate i undergo a body comp change and do gain weight...

but then again, everyones different

I believe that this all depends on the individual and what they are taking and how much. I think one could eat 70-90 grams of protein in a meal as long as it is not all fast absorbing protein like whey. I belive that I can only get in around 40 grams without any being wated. So I think most would be fine eating high amonts as long as it comes from feal food and they are using good amounts of aas.

In the past i've only had around 2 - 2.5g of protein per kg of body weight and higher carbs, now i'm sitting round 3.5 - 4g of protein per kg of body weight and less carbs, but probally around the same cal total and my body is really changing shape, i'm getting leaner, harder and putting on good quality muscle too.

What i'm getting at is that no 1 person will be the same and unless they can test each and every person we can only go by the "research" on a cross section of society, which may not include some of the more genetically (sp?) gifted people like our little corner.

Just my 2c worth.

Ivan, spread out your shakes. 3 normal meals, 1 shake between bfast and luch, 1 shake between lunch and dinner and on training days 1 PWO shake and an apple or pear 1 hour b4 working out with some whey during the work out.

I like to add Flax and/or Olive oil to my shakes and some dietary fiber to slow the digestion down a bit (except PWO when you want fast absortion) and keep the pipes clear. Tweak the #'s of the macros until you start gaining lean mass and still keep your BF levels in check. I shoot for 60-70 grams of animal protein 3x's a day and 75-90 grams of whey 2x's per day (PWO shake is 100grams of Malto/50 grams of Protein + a packet of Emergen "C" and a multivit).

I think Doggcrapp said it best "If you are 210lbs and want to be 250, you can't eat like a 210lb man" (paraphrased of course).

i think protein is like alcohol, u can handle more of it the more u adapt to it.

I've always gone with 4 regular small meals, and 3 shakes between the meals including one b4 bed with casienate/soy for that longer acting effect during sleep....works for me...granted I've been out for a while and am just getting back into the swing, so it's gonna take a while to get back up to the 5,000-7,000 calorie per day level...anyway, I dunno about the how much protein per sitting, and I've seen it argued for years on the boards, its just seems to make sense to take the total you want to get in per day and spread it out over the day as much as you can, just seems like eating/drinking every couple of hours would allow you to better utilize the nutrients than cramming everything into a few meals a day would....kind of like grazing throughout the day rather than stuffing yourself a few times a day....when I had everything fine tuned, thats what worked best for me, but anyone thats been around for a while could tell you that we all know that what works for one guy could be total shit for another guy...lol :eek:)

i keep protein at 50 percent of my caloric intake for what its worth

Dan Duchaine once said, when speaking about protein intake in a high anabolic environment:

If you want to fill a glass, you dont put it in a drizzle-you put it in a downpour!

protein research...

The newest research is suggesting that it is the timing of consumption and concentration of amino acids in the blood that provides the anabolic effect and that the effect is enhanced with carbohydrates.

If that is true...it means that it does not matter what kind of protein you eat...it only matters that aminos stay high in your blood. It also means that the money you pay for WPI is wasted and that WPC is the better value. So supplement companies have been telling you half truths to get you do buy the more expensive product.

What do you think?

Re: protein research...

RicPhoenix said:
The newest research is suggesting that it is the timing of consumption and concentration of amino acids in the blood that provides the anabolic effect and that the effect is enhanced with carbohydrates.

If that is true...it means that it does not matter what kind of protein you eat...it only matters that aminos stay high in your blood. It also means that the money you pay for WPI is wasted and that WPC is the better value. So supplement companies have been telling you half truths to get you do buy the more expensive product.

What do you think?
not true, timing is important but certain things are just not needed. one does not need lots of carbs to get an insulin release, one could get the same benfits from leucine supplementation.
certain forms bc of digestion rate can result in hyperaminoacedemia which is highly anabolic

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws