over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Powder: Best Deals Out There?

Scam, ordered it awhile ago, they have a different label in the box then the one they use in their ad. Type 2 diabetic here, so all those extra carbs blew my normal glucose readings up, makes you wonder what else might be in there. It has a VERY different texture/taste, I would just stay as far away as possible, IMO. (Been doing this for almost 50 years, so have tried a myriad of protein powders)
i noticed that their label they show in their add is for their unflavored proteins. As there was only protein in their ingredient list. I saw a label for their flavored ones and saw how many carbs where in a serving and was put off by the amount of carbs they use.

These days you don't really want the best deal when it comes to protein powder. The cost of manufacturing for everyone is very high now so if you see cheap protein in the future I would be cautious. You want a high quality product that basically doesn't take the piss with their pricing. Although there is still good deals now as the new prices are just that new so next year cheap protein won't be a thing but if you get something very cheap it likely won't contain what the label states. As posted you can go with cheaper actual protein sources such as WPC or PI so that is always an option as well. For quality I would go with synthepure. For price you can't go wrong with MyProtein when they have a sale on but there are lot's of options.

Scam, ordered it awhile ago, they have a different label in the box then the one they use in their ad. Type 2 diabetic here, so all those extra carbs blew my normal glucose readings up, makes you wonder what else might be in there. It has a VERY different texture/taste, I would just stay as far away as possible, IMO. (Been doing this for almost 50 years, so have tried a myriad of protein powders)
I've been using this brand lately as well and it really agrees with my stomach. The label on the bags and boxes is the nutrition info for unflavored product, they put the additional label on there for what it is with flavoring added, which seems to add about 10grams of carbs. I did however find a few discrepancies in the amino acid content sum compared to grams of protein on the label. I messaged them through ebay asking about it but got no reply, specifically the pea protein (if I remember correctly) being way off.

I've been using this brand lately as well and it really agrees with my stomach. The label on the bags and boxes is the nutrition info for unflavored product, they put the additional label on there for what it is with flavoring added, which seems to add about 10grams of carbs. I did however find a few discrepancies in the amino acid content sum compared to grams of protein on the label. I messaged them through ebay asking about it but got no reply, specifically the pea protein (if I remember correctly) being way off.
Glad to hear your having no stomach issues with it, as to some, that is a major drawback to some brands. I should have added that my thoughts were that the listed carbs were certainly off even from the additional label, as the only different factor was the protein powder, and it could not have caused such high readings (glucose meter) compared to other isolate brands, if the carbs listed were true. I certainly understand it is concerning to someone such as myself, being type 2 diabetic, whereas it may not be worrying to someone who isn't.

I also have tried to message them, and have received no reply as of yet (couple months), which is a 1st for me through ebay in 20+ years.

They recently had a 60% off deal and I bought their whey isolate. MyProtein practices "fictitious pricing." They're always having some type of sale. They list a regular price that is absurd so the customer is more ecstatic and willing to buy from them. It's dishonest, but as long as the person isn't dumb enough to pay the regular price, you'll walk away with a deal. Their unflavored whey isolate tastes great and mixes the best I've ever seen.
I really don't like the business model, but it helps that they're the real deal. They consistently score high as far as labs and testing are concerned. Sign up through email and they'll bombard you with their 'limited time forever' deals lol

Thanks, I’m very grateful you told us this. Great info!

So I ended up going with NOW Brand Protein and love it. Unflavored version but it mixes fine. I don’t care about taste honestly. Just want a solid company with a good reputation.

HELP! In need some guidance. Where are you all getting good deals for quality protein powder in bulk these days?

Its like the price of a 10 pound bag of Optimum Protein skyrocketed exponentially these days. Talk about inflation, ugh!
Want real help vote in November and again in 24 only way we get or supps and food back is if we go 1,000% the opposite direction we r headed in now. Yea I know I’m not mentioning any politics by name but it has to be said protein is no longer a reasonable purchase for most lifters.

On that note I woukd just break down and go high quality and use it sparingly like say Progenex

Taste is important to me, and the best one I've found recently is the cheap vanilla Body Fortress from Walmart lol
My local neighborhood Walmart had 1.5lb bags of GNC Wheybolic and it tastes amazing! Bought all the bags they had as I don't know how they got GNC product! $20 each.

Unless you can find a promo, cost has increased. I just paid 460 for 27 lbs protein, 22 lbs isolate and 5 lbs casein. . Used to cost a lot less.

My local neighborhood Walmart had 1.5lb bags of GNC Wheybolic and it tastes amazing! Bought all the bags they had as I don't know how they got GNC product! $20 each.
If I remember right body fortress got in trouble for amino spiking the protein powder

Costs have certainly increased and the difference between concentrate and isolate is much less than it used to be due to mainstream food companies always opting for conc. due to lower cost thus demand for conc. is greater than it used to be. Rule1 is a good option and they will have a killer sale for black friday/cyber monday. Owner is the original owner of Optimum Nutrition before he sold it too Glanbia and well...............fuck them(I have my reasons.)

I personally use Precision Protein from Hi-Tech and I have never had a better digesting protein. I was using up some old cheap Insane Whey and didn't realize how low the quality was(I knew it was not top notch due to price but not this bad) until I switched to the PP and my gas was reduced by about 90% overnight. No bloat whatsoever. It's about $15.00/lb when you go 5lb.

No matter what you buy pay attention to the TOTAL GRAMS OF PROTEIN. Many companies are slowly decreasing the servings per container and playing games. Example below:
Which jug has the most?
1666734496140.jpeg This is our store and NO ONE buys the little guy on the left despite it being the most.

1666734555829.jpeg
Left has 32scoop x 24g= 768 grams per jug 2lbs
Middle 20 x 25g = 500 grams per jug 1.4lbs
Right 25 x 25g= 625 grams per jug 1.7 lbs

So the SMALLEST JUG has the most scoops, weight, and total protein yet NO ONE buys it as it appears to be the smallest jug. We here know how to read a label and decipher the BS but the general public generally does not have a clue.

Calculate cost per gram of protein as it tells the true story no matter what lipstick they put on the pig.

Any non-dairy deals to be found out there? I've finally come to terms with the fact that even the highest quality whey isolate gives me issues.

I've been using a custom blend of beef isolate and a couple of the plant-based ones from TN. It runs nearly $15 per pound. If that's the best deal out there, then that's fine. Just wondering if anyone is aware of something else.

Like using Olympus Labs Superior Protein...Dymatize/PES also are strong in quality

Agree with Elvia. Im very hesitant when finding protein deals...especially with all the quality control and accurate testing that has been done on these big brands. I mostly stick with True Nutrition. But then again, ive actually slowly pulled away from shakes this past year. If im in a bind and traveling, shakes are IT. But if im in my routine, maaaybe 1 scoop a day in oatmeal or something.

Im probably going to be eating my words in my offseason haha

As to this post I hadn’t been in Vita Shoppe in awhile, new baby at home so I’ve stuck to whole food meals which work fine especially when you’re training has been scaled back but he just hit 8 months so I’m back getting ready for 2023, I used Optimum Hydro Whey, last time I got it say Jan it was 69.99, same jug on Sunday is a fucking hundred damn dollars. The mid terms will help but we’re are prolly fucked like this for at least 2 1/2 years bc once the new admin is in place it’ll still take months to unfuck this economy and that’s assuming it doesn’t completely crash before then. Cold winter coming for most of y’all and heating oil, coal, or just good old electricity is gonna fuck the nation. We had record high cooling bills but you can sweat it out to a degree to keep the bills down when you live in places where it’s super cold heat isn’t an option and firewood is double last years prices already. It’s almost worth it to me to throw a huge trailer of split wood on the truck and go northeast next month and mark my money up 500+%.
Which will be high bc the gas getting there will get conveyed to the price too. There was a hay rush a few years back where we could drive to Nebraska and get $5,000 worth of hay and have it pre sold for 12,000 before we even got back south and that was in a good economy just a bad drought.

Great input in this thread

Anybody hear Of this company

I got glutamine and fish oil from here … it seemed legit

As to this post I hadn’t been in Vita Shoppe in awhile, new baby at home so I’ve stuck to whole food meals which work fine especially when you’re training has been scaled back but he just hit 8 months so I’m back getting ready for 2023, I used Optimum Hydro Whey, last time I got it say Jan it was 69.99, same jug on Sunday is a fucking hundred damn dollars. The mid terms will help but we’re are prolly fucked like this for at least 2 1/2 years bc once the new admin is in place it’ll still take months to unfuck this economy and that’s assuming it doesn’t completely crash before then. Cold winter coming for most of y’all and heating oil, coal, or just good old electricity is gonna fuck the nation. We had record high cooling bills but you can sweat it out to a degree to keep the bills down when you live in places where it’s super cold heat isn’t an option and firewood is double last years prices already. It’s almost worth it to me to throw a huge trailer of split wood on the truck and go northeast next month and mark my money up 500+%.
Which will be high bc the gas getting there will get conveyed to the price too. There was a hay rush a few years back where we could drive to Nebraska and get $5,000 worth of hay and have it pre sold for 12,000 before we even got back south and that was in a good economy just a bad drought.
Check out this hydrowhey as an alternative and they buy the raws from glanbia/optimum anyways:

1666824444052.png Their MAP price is 79.99 so search for that price, for the big jug. Best hydrowhey deal currently.

Avoid french van and get van ice cream. Avoid choc fudge and get choc ice cream. This is what our sales rep told us. No idea why they make two vans and two choc. but they do and 2 of them are great and 2 are terrible according to our rep.

Van Ice cream is great as is honey granola.

Check out this hydrowhey as an alternative and they buy the raws from glanbia/optimum anyways:

View attachment 166187 Their MAP price is 79.99 so search for that price, for the big jug. Best hydrowhey deal currently.

Avoid french van and get van ice cream. Avoid choc fudge and get choc ice cream. This is what our sales rep told us. No idea why they make two vans and two choc. but they do and 2 of them are great and 2 are terrible according to our rep.

Van Ice cream is great as is honey granola.
The orange dream is pretty good too. The blueberry and the cinnamon cereal crunch are awesome.
That’s one of the only brands that doesn’t hurt my stomach now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear