over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein powder for stomach issues

One of those posts was started by me. Even in my extreme case, Gold Standard Whey gives me 0 issues. Its actually one of the few things ive been consuming that gives me 0 issues.
I wish it were the same for me as I love the taste of ON protein, but my stomach doesn’t love it

just curious, how do you mix the yogurt with the whey? Just mix the powder and yogurt, then eat with a spoon?
Yep.
I buy yogurt in 400g tubs here. 1/2 mixed with two scoops of whey and granola. Delicious.

I'm probably putting you on the spot, but have you tried Synthetek's Synthepure? I'm not sure if after shipping to where you are at what the pricing is...but figured i'd throw it out there.
No I haven't. It's not easily available nor cost effective for me. Thanks though.

I think this is part of the difference too. I haven’t bought tn protein in over a year and since coming back they’re all made with sunflower lecithin instead of soy and I think that makes a difference
How do your gut fair with kefir or yogurt curious?

To be honest I’ve never actually had kefir.....but I have no problems at all with harder aged cheeses and cultured dairy like Greek yogurt. I’ve also noticed something strange in regards to fats. I can eat tons of dietary fats from healthy food sources like ribeye steak, dark meat poultry, and egg yolks. I digest these great. Steak in fact is the food that gives me the least trouble. I can eat a 16 ounce steak no problem and within two hours I’m pretty hungry again.
But if I add in any external fat sources such as olive, macadamia, or coconut oil anywhere into my diet it means instant cramping and diarrhea
How do your gut fair with kefir or yogurt curious?

I have tried so many protein powders (probably 100+) over the years. My fav is synthepure and I am going through a fair amount of that right now. Post workout right now I add it to milk (usually coconut) and cereal (usually coco pops). The combo of the coconut and chocolate with the plain whey is fantastic. I have a 97% whey isolate from myprotein that is very fine but when mixed it's very foamy and nowhere as good as synthepure. I occasionally use ghost's whey only for oats because it's cereal milk and peanut butter flavour and tastes great. I get stomach issues from a lot of products but as long as I consume them slowly and don't take in too much I am generally ok. I also take in digestive enzymes (especially bromelain) when taking in larger amounts of protein. Most vegan/plant proteins are terrible but my fav was GAT's Plant Protein which was a blend of pea, brown rice, quinoa, coconut and artichoke proteins and the taste grew on me a lot (chocolate flavour).

I just mentioned it and sure many just react bad to whey no matter what but one thing I regularly see are guys drinking their shakes very fast. If you had 50g protein from meat you wouldn't knock it back and I especially wouldn't recommend it for a whey shake. I would combine your protein powders with whole food when possible and I would drink/take them slowly. Take 20 mins and chew the food you have with the shake slowly and allow your body to process things gradually. It should make a big difference. Now for the guys who just react bad no matter what it's about protein source and they may have to go with something different to whey (still drinking it slowly) or even blend foods if they want to drink their meal/protein.

I have been drinking 2-3 chicken shakes a day for the last 16 years
I just mentioned it and sure many just react bad to whey no matter what but one thing I regularly see are guys drinking their shakes very fast. If you had 50g protein from meat you wouldn't knock it back and I especially wouldn't recommend it for a whey shake. I would combine your protein powders with whole food when possible and I would drink/take them slowly. Take 20 mins and chew the food you have with the shake slowly and allow your body to process things gradually. It should make a big difference. Now for the guys who just react bad no matter what it's about protein source and they may have to go with something different to whey (still drinking it slowly) or even blend foods if they want to drink their meal/protein.

I have been drinking 2-3 chicken shakes a day for the last 16 years

I have only done it twice. I didn't think it was bad at all. I was tempted to start doing it recently because my appetite for meat went down. Whenever my appetite goes down it's just for meat and I am usually fine eating other things. I decided to just replace some meat with whey isolate and had that with rice and fruit. For other meals I used softer protein sources such as eggs or yoghurt as well. It didn't last long and I am back to eating meat with a few shakes thrown in. I am pleased you have found a product that suits you well but at least you know you always have the chicken shakes to fall back on.

guess i am opposite or we will find out. my guts been a mess from solid food. as i age i guess... my guts r so sensitive its ridic. gonna try replacing 50% of my protein intake with shakes. right now i only do maybe one shake a day.
-F

Isopure unflavored
I do like the real food by 5% nutrition. Its egg, chicken, fish and beef blend

I've never had stomach issues from protein powder so maybe I'm just not susceptible, but for what it's worth I've used a True Nutrition custom mix for 6+ years:
  • 15% RBGH / soy-free whey isolate
  • 20% grass-fed beef isolate
  • 30% grass-fed whey concentrate
  • 35% micellar casein
  • Protein enzymes
  • Carb enzymes
When growing I get half or more my protein per day from powder. I can eat 2lbs. of meat a day easy but 3lbs. gets difficult on digestion when you're doing 6-7,000 calories with tons of carbs.

When dieting I get about a third of my protein per day from powder - 2 scoops for breakfast and 1 post workout.

The profile looks really good. Does it stay with you long enough or do you feel hungry soon after consuming it? What flavor would you recommend?

ive had animal based proteins before and none of them come close to how good shake time taste. It’s a little high in sodium and it contains xathan gum which are my only complaints

ive had animal based proteins before and none of them come close to how good shake time taste. It’s a little high in sodium and it contains xathan gum which are my only complaints
Honestly new research is showing we should be ingesting much more sodium than we are

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131