over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Quality?

medici999

Banned
At the moment im using a standard concentrate from myprotein.co.uk which are a huge company here in the uk.

Would i honestly be better of changing to say a pure isolate?

I have read alot on here about the different aminos etc...but really just wondering what way to go.

I would without doubt using true protein if the shipping charges were low, but that just isnt a viable option for me in terms of cost.

Im just trying to weigh up the benefits of maybe switching to an isolate or anything else that you may recommend?

After all...if were putting in hours of hard work..we want the best protein also.

Im looking at ordering some Syntheblend depending on shipping costs, but once again its an expensive way for me to use protein when in the UK.

Thanks,

At the moment im using a standard concentrate from myprotein.co.uk which are a huge company here in the uk.

Would i honestly be better of changing to say a pure isolate?

I have read alot on here about the different aminos etc...but really just wondering what way to go.

I would without doubt using true protein if the shipping charges were low, but that just isnt a viable option for me in terms of cost.

Im just trying to weigh up the benefits of maybe switching to an isolate or anything else that you may recommend?

After all...if were putting in hours of hard work..we want the best protein also.

Im looking at ordering some Syntheblend depending on shipping costs, but once again its an expensive way for me to use protein when in the UK.

Thanks,

I've used WPC from myprotein and bulkpowder.co.uk and I think its total garbage. It upsets my stomach every time (shits and gas).

I then switched to Reflex's Peptide Fusion (same blend as TP's Team Skip) and I'm absolutely fine with it.

Reflex constantly wins awards here in the UK for quality and accurately dosed products.

If you want a decent WPI, I'd go with something Reflex makes over here.

You can't beat myprotein. Obviously comparing them to the companies above when shipping costs come into the equation they should be 1st choice imo. I would personally go with their whey isolate... it is still cheap. Much better quality imo (I have tried bove). They do guarantee 80% with their concentrate but I would defo change it up. Maybe adding peptopro from time to time. A good tip is to buy 2 1kg bags of a flavoured and unflavoured isolate. Mix half of each in each shake. It's not so sweet then and costs alittle less.

Read what Dante said about what people in the supplement industry are doing and you may have to reconsider some of the costs, since you are looking for the best.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...8209-turning-down-5-million-dollars-year.html

I'm sure the Synthetek is not one of these companies as I do not believe Big A would want to associate himself with people like that. So I would think they would be a good source as well.

You do realise that the whey myprotein use, is the same whey that Reflex, phd and optimum nutrition use??

I use the myprotein impact whey atm and its very easy on the stomach and no gas, peptide fusion i have used before, but i really dont know if ill notice much difference switching to just a pure isolate.

Swift...the tp foruma is different as reflex used concentrate whereas team skips uses isolate.

Is there actually much of a difference between amino acid quanitity from a concentrate to an isolate?

Is there actually much of a difference between amino acid quanitity from a concentrate to an isolate?

Of course there's a difference in quantity, and overall quality, of isolate vs concentrate. An isolate will be about 90% pure protein whereas a concentrate could be anywhere from 35-80% protein.

Some of the best, largest and most reputable protein manufacturer's in the world are form Europe. Please don't get sucked into all the hype of American sources of protein being better than a source form anywhere else in the world. I know for a FACT that a large majority of US Contract Manufacturers buy protein from European and Australian manufacturer's. Find a trusted source and stick with it PERIOD. Yes Isolate and Concentrate have different profile.. Thats fucking obvious hence their different names! BUY there is more than one protein filtration system/type. There are atleast 3 different set ups I can think of off the top of my head that yield different amino acid profiles, flavor/color, soldium, Fat, mixability etc. As with any industry there are shithead that use trash in order to save a buck.. Again.. Just find a quality source and stick with it. Don't jump for a buck! I am telling you 9 times out of 10 the grass is not greener on the otherside. Word to your mother.

GO packers!

i understand that concentrate and isolate are different in terms of protein % and carbs, but will there be higher levels of aminos etc in isolate?

i understand that concentrate and isolate are different in terms of protein % and carbs, but will there be higher levels of aminos etc in isolate?

example of CONCENTRATE vs. COLD FILTER ISOLATE

Amino Acid Profile
Per 100 grams
Amount Per Serving CONCENTRATE

Alanine...................3.5
Arginine...................2.3
Aspartic Acid............8.4
Cystine...................1.7
Glutamic Acid..........13.3
Glycine...................1.4
Histidine................1.6
Isoleucine..............4.6
Leucine..................8.8
Lysine...................7.5
Methionine............1.6
Phenylalanine........2.6
Proline..................6.6
Serine...................4.6
Threonine..............4.5
Tryptophan...........1.3
Tyrosine..............2.3
Valine.................4.4

Amino Acid Profile
Per 100 grams
Amount Per Serving Isolate Cold-Filtration

Alanine....................5.2
Arginine...................2.5
Aspartic Acid............11
Cystine....................2.6
Glutamic Acid..........12.9
Glycine....................1.9
Histidine...................2
Isoleucine................6.5
Leucine....................11
Lysine......................9.6
Methionine................2.2
Phenylalanine...........3.5
Proline.....................5.9
Serine......................4.9
Threonine.................6.8
Tryptophan..............1.8
Tyrosine..................3.2
Valine.......................6.2

but just like Phil said.....
Guys, no offense but please dont be so anal.........its so easy just to use it and relax......

Last edited:
Like I said myprotein is a great company. I use reflex, Gaspari etc. But for price and quality myprotein can't be beaten. Their isolate is far superior to their concentrate. I only use isolate now. Many get bloated from concentrate. The only positive of concentrate is it has more natural ingredients but it has the bad stuff with all that. Isolate is far better imo. Look up it up on google... info is easy to find. But like others have said don't over complicate things. If it is working no need to change. But in this instance an upgrade may be a good decision.

use our isolate or blend...click the banner in my sig to go to our website. We ship first class mail or fedex to the UK and i have several customers there already. you can read reviews about our products on the website and in the sponsors forum here

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity