over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein shakes, do you use them?

I have yet to try Synthepure but my go to whey isolate is Nutrabio. Lab tested and what is on the label is what is in the container.

I just read that it takes 1.5 hours for a whey protein shake to pass through the section of the gut that can actually absorb it. But the maximum rate that whey protein can be absorbed is about 8/10 grams per hour. So a lot is wasted

Not my words ^

I just read that it takes 1.5 hours for a whey protein shake to pass through the section of the gut that can actually absorb it. But the maximum rate that whey protein can be absorbed is about 8/10 grams per hour. So a lot is wasted

Not my words ^

This sounds like garbage to me

right, but by law ,whey isolate is 90% protein, thats good enough for me, now concentrate not sure about since by law its 30 to 80% ,big difference there

By law its "supposed" to be. But with amino spiking and whatnot its been proven these companies aren't meeting their label claims

Isaly how's the lactose enzyme taken out of it correct? Probably a stupid question, but totally new to the protein shake Shit... i'm lactose intolerant so it needs to be conducive to that

Im lactose intolerant too(most people are to some degree) and truenutritions whey iso cold filtrated gives me no issued

Im lactose intolerant too(most people are to some degree) and truenutritions whey iso cold filtrated gives me no issued

Ever since I have been using TN's protein powder I am not in the shitter nearly as much... and HH you know that you can customize it to your liking and have it sou free, etc. I like it because you are kind of assembling it yourself. But the true test for me was in less bathroom visits. With other protein powders I was going 4xs a day most of the time. [emoji90] 50g of hat for me a day and I am usually doing my business 2x a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since I have been using TN's protein powder I am not in the shitter nearly as much... and HH you know that you can customize it to your liking and have it sou free, etc. I like it because you are kind of assembling it yourself. But the true test for me was in less bathroom visits. With other protein powders I was going 4xs a day most of the time. [emoji90] 50g of hat for me a day and I am usually doing my business 2x a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. And I like how there is no thickening agents in it. I don't like a heavy thick shake. I want it thin and light and easy to drink. But ya...the lack of stomach distress is the biggest draw for me

OK guys do you use protein shakes? Have you found a certain one brand etc. that you enjoy the best something that's not chalky and is actually decent

Yes. I use them daily. Often in various ways. Currently I'm having two shakes per day (SynthePURE mixed in lowfat skim milk)

The thing with many companies is that it says "100 whey isolates" huge in the front. In the back It's a blend of iso, concentrates, etc)
Maybe they trick us with saying isolates (pural) rather than just isolate. Does isolates mean some, not all?

I'd like to give whey iso a chance again because it seems I've been having blends all the while. TN'S I'll trust, their Hydrolyzed Whey Protein gives me no issues.

Been using Met-Rx Protein Plus for years. A mix of milk protein, calcium caseinate, whey isolate, L-glutamine, and egg white. Mixes well and tastes good. Not for lactose intolerant people though....

Not my words ^

This is nonsense.

What do you think will happen if you ate 1 large meal per day, as opposed to 6 smaller meals?

The body will absorb all of the nutrients in the 1 meal over X timeframe.

The whole 'your body only absorbs 40g of protein per meal' is incorrect.

The thing with many companies is that it says "100 whey isolates" huge in the front. In the back It's a blend of iso, concentrates, etc)
Maybe they trick us with saying isolates (pural) rather than just isolate. Does isolates mean some, not all?

I'd like to give whey iso a chance again because it seems I've been having blends all the while. TN'S I'll trust, their Hydrolyzed Whey Protein gives me no issues.

Its a marketing trick. The whey isolate that is in there, is 100 percent isolate. Just like the concentrate that is in the mix is also 100 percent concentrate. The whole jug itself is not 100 percent isolate though.

in your best guess what you think whey isolate is percentage wise

Youd have to be more specific as to which brand. its supposed to be over 90. Buuuut....the sample these guys send out for testing might not be the one that ends up in the protein tub.:lightbulb:

Look at the whole blackstone labs scandal recently. If you think youre always getting what the labels claim youre sorely mistaken

Not my words ^
whose words ? and where did u read it ?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

There's a website that talks about it.
Not sure I can post it or. Not

Read some of Lyle McDonald's and Alan Aragons work. Alan refutes that very claim directly in one of his articles.

If it wasn't for shakes Id hardly any protein consumed through out the day lol.. A typical day is
(Breakfast) 12 ounces milk .. 2 scoops whey protein .. 1 tablespoon peanut butter .. 1 cup oatmeal..

(Lunch) Qdoba naked burrito .. Rice, black beans, tomatoes and cheese diet coke..

Mid afternoon workout..

( dinner) hamburger pasta mix .. A piece of fruit.. Diet dr pepper..

( bedtime) 1 scoop whey... 2 table spoons beef hydro collegan .. 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter..

If it wasn't for protein powders Id be sorely in the red.. Now I'm just in the red lol

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear