over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein shakes, do you use them?

On training days 40g hydro whey for Breakfast, 40g hydro whey pre workout and 50g hydro whey post workout.

On non training days I only use a 40g shake with breakfast.

I still get a lot of protein from whole foods on training and non training days: 2 cartons of egg whites, 12 ounce extra lean turkey or 12 ounces chicken breast everyday.

Nope

Just throwing this out there to all "studies" on protein absorption. Saying you can only absorb this much blah blah blah.

Everyone is different and how the body absorbs and breaks down proteins.

When you train your gonna need more protein obviously.
Insulin levels will also dictate how much your absorbing.
I can't remember the exact stat but on synthetic testosterone your body protein synthesis is something like 400% better.

Really your not gonna waste protein by in taking a crazy amount. But do think about ur kidneys and the fact your body has to process it.

I remember Jay saying he was on 75g each meal when he was with aceto. Coleman was like 100. But he just thought more of everything the better lol. I remember ronnie making his post workout shakes were like 6 scoops of syntha 6 lmao. He probably never even read the label

Last edited:
1.5-2 scoops of whey isolate a day. Everything else is from whole protein sources. The shakes do nothing for my hunger

If it wasn't for shakes Id hardly any protein consumed through out the day lol.. A typical day is
(Breakfast) 12 ounces milk .. 2 scoops whey protein .. 1 tablespoon peanut butter .. 1 cup oatmeal..

(Lunch) Qdoba naked burrito .. Rice, black beans, tomatoes and cheese diet coke..

Mid afternoon workout..

( dinner) hamburger pasta mix .. A piece of fruit.. Diet dr pepper..

( bedtime) 1 scoop whey... 2 table spoons beef hydro collegan .. 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter..

If it wasn't for protein powders Id be sorely in the red.. Now I'm just in the red lol

ya me to bro, i just cant get all the food down, its so much easier to mix a protein shake and drink it down fast, i always mix mine with milk, just cant do the water ,nasty

If you can somehow find the time in your day to eat 4000+ calories then more power to you! Personally I work too much and don't have set break times or long enough breaks to eat huge meals. I usually make a shake out of egg whites and eggs in the morning. And drink one with whey on the way home.

If you can somehow find the time in your day to eat 4000+ calories then more power to you! Personally I work too much and don't have set break times or long enough breaks to eat huge meals. I usually make a shake out of egg whites and eggs in the morning. And drink one with whey on the way home.

if you have enough time for 2 bathroom breaks, you can easily get down two 600+ calorie shakes easy

I mean hell...if you sit at a computer for work.. what is stopping anyone from just pounding down shakes every hour or two?

if you have enough time for 2 bathroom breaks, you can easily get down two 600+ calorie shakes easy

I mean hell...if you sit at a computer for work.. what is stopping anyone from just pounding down shakes every hour or two?

yeah or every half hour.
ahahahahahaha

Attachments

• fatty 007.JPG
    fatty 007.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 176
I have been drinking protein shakes for years- 20+!!

Have tried, whey , Casein, egg and pretty much everything in between.

I have found plant based protein (plant fusion) works best for me. No bloating , low added sugar, not a lot of filler etc.. mixes easy, and fantastic w a cup of frozen berries and handful of almonds- blends of course.

It's trial and error... and after 20years. I find this works best.

J6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took your recomendation on the Dymatize ISO 100, but went with fudge brownie!! That shit is good, I almost feel like im cheating on my Diet :D

i have had dymatize iso 100 fudge brownie too. tastes great but unfortunately did not sit too well with my GI.

i on their last tub of orange dremicile which i did not like a lot. very popular​ flavour though.

Mutant iso charge triple choclate is totally amazing too. cheaper then dymatize & better iso imo. their flavouring is so bloody good.

try that next time.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have some hash brownies but I don't take them pre-workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have had dymatize iso 100 fudge brownie too. tastes great but unfortunately did not sit too well with my GI.

i on their last tub of orange dremicile which i did not like a lot. very popular​ flavour though.

Mutant iso charge triple choclate is totally amazing too. cheaper then dymatize & better iso imo. their flavouring is so bloody good.

try that next time.
I was worried about my stomach as well. but so far so good!

Just throwing this out there to all "studies" on protein absorption. Saying you can only absorb this much blah blah blah.

Everyone is different and how the body absorbs and breaks down proteins.

When you train your gonna need more protein obviously.
Insulin levels will also dictate how much your absorbing.
I can't remember the exact stat but on synthetic testosterone your body protein synthesis is something like 400% better.

Really your not gonna waste protein by in taking a crazy amount. But do think about ur kidneys and the fact your body has to process it.

I remember Jay saying he was on 75g each meal when he was with aceto. Coleman was like 100. But he just thought more of everything the better lol. I remember ronnie making his post workout shakes were like 6 scoops of syntha 6 lmao. He probably never even read the label

Recent studies actually show higher protein is more effective post workout. I think the numbers being 70g better than 40mg or something like that, so you're absolutely right.

I hope people don't still think protein from solid food will yield more gains than protein from whey.

I hope people don't still think protein from solid food will yield more gains than protein from whey.

thats what people always try to say, get your protein from solid foods its better, but always wondered how it can be better then whey isolate, i could be wrong but whey isolate is better then any whole food protein source, just my opinion

Do people not realize...whey is food? Lol. So if I take a chicken breast and blend it up is it now useless because it's a liquid protein? 🙄

Cheap, quick, easy, tasty.....absolutely!!!!

Although I did try that drink only shakes and no meals diet thing and had no results

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131