over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein shakes, do you use them?

I don't think anyone is saying whey isn't food... That'd be ignorant. But...

Have you ever took out shakes completely from your diet? And replaced gram for gram w animal meat/eggs/fish. I have and I ALWAYS look better, feel stonger and stay leaner when doing so. And, I've done this for 6 months to two years at one point, sure variables change but performance and 'look' for me is better w/o powdered protein. I don't know, maybe it is my own body chemistry but that's my experience.

That said, it's expensive, time consuming and I don't compete anymore so can't justify it so I'm back on the whey train... That's a cheaper, more convenient train.

To each their own...

Last edited:
Not for a couple years. Too many lab tests showing so many don't meet label claims. On top of that most taste bad and cause some sort of stomach discomfort for a lot of people.

I drink pasteurized egg whites instead. It's cheaper per gram of protein and at least I know when I drink 30g of protein I'm actually getting 30g.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I hope people don't still think protein from solid food will yield more gains than protein from whey.

Do people not realize...whey is food? Lol. So if I take a chicken breast and blend it up is it now useless because it's a liquid protein? 🙄

i dont think whey works the same for everybody.:)

beef...chicken...tuna...eggs...seems to work a lot better for me.

i dont think whey works the same for everybody.:)

beef...chicken...tuna...eggs...seems to work a lot better for me.

Oh I still always do those too. I just use whey to supplement my protein intake and bring up my overall numbers. I get 250-300 grams a day from whole food and another 50-100 from whey

I go through periods of using protein powder and not because I get sick of shakes so fast. Right now I'm using at least 2 shakes/day because I'm trying to drop bf and that's the only way i can and still get the protein I need. I'm using Whey Tech Pro 24 vanilla right now, which I think is a Vitamin Shoppe brand. My trainer used to work there so I got it cheap :)

if you have enough time for 2 bathroom breaks, you can easily get down two 600+ calorie shakes easy

I mean hell...if you sit at a computer for work.. what is stopping anyone from just pounding down shakes every hour or two?

That's what I'm saying lol. I do two shakes a day, I can't eat all my calories I have to drink some.

I'm going though a lot of protein powder, whey , casein. Went though two pound tub in a week somewhat recently. Calories are low from carbs and fats , so what works for me, during this time, is high protein . 450 grams yesterday with 10 of those coming from bcaa's and the rest from food and shakes.

I try to get most of my protein from whole food, fish, chicken, eggs. But I do have one or two whey shakes a day, just helps get enough protein in on a busy schedule.

All the ones I've tried in recent times have tasted good and don't upset my stomach.

I still do shakes although not with powder, greek yogurt or egg whites are the base then I add some cocoa/peanut butter with a tad of honey or whatever feels my protein craving.

What do you guys think about raw eggs in your protein shakes? Does the the raw egg ideology not being absorbed or utilized properly hold and weight. I have been using them, that's why I ask.

What do you guys think about raw eggs in your protein shakes? Does the the raw egg ideology not being absorbed or utilized properly hold and weight. I have been using them, that's why I ask.

from what i understand, you only get about 50% of the available protein from raw eggs vs cooked eggs. I put egg whites in my shake also. Some guys will just throw in an extra scoop of whey instead of the egg whites. personally if i put to much whey in my drinks i get bloated/gassy

When they talk about not utilizing protein from raw eggs, they are talking about real raw eggs.
When most guys talk about uncooked egg whites, they are talking about the pasteurized whites you buy invasion carton.
Those will get utilized as the pasteurization is more or less a cooking of the eggs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

that's the thing....

QUALITY whey is hard to come by.....few and far between...

95% of it is garbage

This is so true I have tried so many proteins and all have cause horrible bloating and killer headaches. True Nutrition is the only protein that has not caused any problems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131