over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein uptake increase with gear.

Crowler

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok so gear increses the uptake of protein right?

What is the best way to ensure you are getting enough protein during the 8 plus hours you are asleep.

I used to wake up and do a shake but I can't go back to sleep.

So say you sleep for 9 hours well then you should get at least 100 grams of protein in your system. What is the best way to do this?

How about intervenous. Only HALF kidding. Just think of all the wild shit people do to get more muscle.

Well are we wasting 1/3 of EVERY day by NOT providing our bodies with the proper nutrition while we are sleeping?

I know about slow absobing proteins and now Glycerlean by Next Nutrition but are there systems out there that could be MORE effective?

Last edited:
I always dissagree with waking up during the night to eat. That's when you need your proper sleep so you can GROW! Then eat like a pig all day long. Easiest way to make sure you get your protein in - have a shake with every meal.

And those time release proteins are bullshit. It's just another marketing ploy by supplement companies to sell you cheaper protein blends. Check out studies on protein absorbtion and you will see that pure whey isolate is one of the slowest absorbing proteins there. Of course that is a fact hidden by the supplement companies, as they don't want to make pure whey isolates as they are way too expensive compared to the garbage blends they try to sell you.

Big A said:
Of course that is a fact hidden by the supplement companies, as they don't want to make pure whey isolates as they are way too expensive compared to the garbage blends they try to sell you.
AMEN :D

xcel

well what i do is 1 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and 1 tbs of peanut butter before bed. It has a realy slow absorption rate. I also keep a shake by my bed with a scoop of whey a scoop of casein and 1 tbs of peanut butter. If i wake up to go to the bathroom i down it. I completly agrea that no one should wake up purpesouly to eat. ive also kept cottage cheese whey and peanut butter mixed up by my bed.

Truely agree with not eating. If while your asleep the body is trying to digest foodit takes away from the bodies ability to recooperate properly. It's like your car, it's shut off and you leave the lights on which drains the battery, but also have the radio on its going to go dead alot faster. IT's a stretch but I figured it was an analogy that people can easily relate to.

I agree with big A...if you are a supplement company and you think you can market this "NEW" slower absorbing protein, of course the company is going to sell it. Supplements are taking off like mad...NEW this and NEW that...

Just eat all day every 2 hours and that should take care of everything. Drink a shake before bed. YOur body needs the rest to recover. You need to reach REM sleep so your body can come to a full rest without any interruptions.

Just my .02

I like the idea of having a shake with each meal.
Plus try to eat 1lb meat every day.
And if you cant wake up take a huge shake of,
as bigA mentioned, whey isolate, mix in some flax and/or
canola oil to maybe further slow absorption.

Personally middle of night waking is normal for me 2-3x night,
so I gulp down pre-made shakes at that time!

Protine Uptake

Who has a good URL for bulk whey isolate, I am in the US.
I need to stock up befor cycle.

Hmm

Right now im big on Optimum nutrition whye protein. 5 lbs for 25$ at netrition.com . They even sells 10lbs bags, it taste good and optimum is a good company, after all they even make protein powder for GNC.

One way I've found to increase protein intake painlessly is to mix up about 150g of protein in a bottle and sip it throughout the day. This lasts for about 1/2 the day, then you make another one. Do this in addition to your regular meals and shakes and I guarantee that you will be getting more than enough protien.

well there is one way to slow protein so it lasts most of the night medium amount of steak and a high fiber drink like that orange stuff or 8 grams of fiber con tabs there 2 grams pre tab this will cause the steak to be digested slower due to all the fiber

well there is one way to slow protein so it lasts most of the night medium amount of steak and a high fiber drink like that orange stuff or 8 grams of fiber con tabs there 2 grams pre tab this will cause the steak to be digested slower due to all the fiber

Re: Hmm

vitor said:
Right now im big on Optimum nutrition whye protein. 5 lbs for 25$ at netrition.com . They even sells 10lbs bags, it taste good and optimum is a good company, after all they even make protein powder for GNC.

it's impossible for that to be pure whey isolate - too cheap. I know the price of manufacturing whey isolate, and there is NO WAY in the world they can sell it for that.

Re: Hmm

vitor said:
Optimum is a very "inexpensice alternative" to "isolate." If you read the Optimum label, it contains both Whey Protein Isolate AND Whey Protein Concentrate - but does not list HOW MUCH OF EACH their product contains. I'll bet a dime to a dollar that the MAJORITY is Concentrate because as Big A stated, Isolate is very expensive compared to Concentrate. They put "some" Isolate in their product so they can put it on their label and maybe "list it" ahead of Concentrate to make you think that it contains mainly Isolate!?!?!? :(

xcel

Supposedly ingredients are listed in decending order of the amount in the product.

So if concentrate is listed first there is more of it than the isolate.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131