over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Protein Water"

Chuck999

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Anybody seen this stuff? It comes in bottles like a medium-large water or juice bottle, and claims to have 40 grams protein. I tried one, and it tasted OK, but is not "thick" - more like drinking gatorade, or something like that. In ingredients, it just says "liguid protein." As I have gotten older (like I posted on here awhle back, it will happen to you too, if you make it!) my stomach is more finicky about what kinds of protein powders I can use without messing my stomach up. Synthetek's powder is great stuff, but you have to get it by mail. If this stuff is for real, it is a good way to get a quick post workout protein shot.

Anybody know anything about it?

Chuck999
Atlanta, GA

Is it just sold in regular stores or only places like GNC or places similar to that? I don't usually look around for that kind of stuff because I usually just drink water, but 40g protein is a pretty decent amount for something you can just pick up at the store. I believe the other stuff they sell like that (muscle milk?) is usually only around ~20g or so.

The water most likely is diluted whey isolate. Interesting but we all know that some carbs help with absorbsion especially such a large dose to chug down at once. Wonder what the bioavailable rate is and if such a large concentrated dose alone could wreak havoc on the kidneys if not broken down properly gastrointestinally. Thought the FDA required ingredients of food and supplements to be on package as well- even if listed as a propriatery blend. To say contains 40 grams of protein the source should be listed. Imma do a search on it.

Last edited:
Anybody seen this stuff? It comes in bottles like a medium-large water or juice bottle, and claims to have 40 grams protein. I tried one, and it tasted OK, but is not "thick" - more like drinking gatorade, or something like that. In ingredients, it just says "liguid protein." As I have gotten older (like I posted on here awhle back, it will happen to you too, if you make it!) my stomach is more finicky about what kinds of protein powders I can use without messing my stomach up. Synthetek's powder is great stuff, but you have to get it by mail. If this stuff is for real, it is a good way to get a quick post workout protein shot.

Anybody know anything about it?

Chuck999
Atlanta, GA

Sounds like Isopure's bottled whey isolate, good stuff, I used to use it.

Now I use Trueprotein isolate, I like to get it unflavored, mix it with water, and it does taste pretty much like very water milk.

GNC has those "protein shots" with collagen protein in them. I heard you're supposed to stay away from those though. Your protein water sounds kinda fishy too.

1. Magic Bullet blender (best thing for protein shakes ever. Bought it just for this)
2. Team Skip blend from TP.com (dutch choc fudge)
3. Almond butter
4. Fat/lactose-free milk

The result is the most unbelievably sweet, creamy, buttery, delicious, nutritious drink of all time. Easiest thing to digest. I can't even tell I had it a few minutes later. I get the digestive enzymes mixed in with my blend. I think that helps.

Last edited:
Well I went back in the supp store and got some more. It is "Isopure" The ingredients are hard to read, but when I held it up to the light, it does say "whey isolate." Might not be a bad idea to drink it with some carbs. I will hunt for the Trueprotein Isolate.

Also, cachexic, where do you find almond butter? Sounds like a pretty good mixture. Used to be I could chug down most any protein powder shake, but nowdays, I have to watch the digestibility. I'll have to look into the Mgic Bullet blender, too!

You can find almond butter at trader joes

Well I went back in the supp store and got some more. It is "Isopure" The ingredients are hard to read, but when I held it up to the light, it does say "whey isolate." Might not be a bad idea to drink it with some carbs. I will hunt for the Trueprotein Isolate.

Also, cachexic, where do you find almond butter? Sounds like a pretty good mixture. Used to be I could chug down most any protein powder shake, but nowdays, I have to watch the digestibility. I'll have to look into the Mgic Bullet blender, too!

Bro I can find almond butter everywhere. Every grocery store. We don't even have any fancy organic grocery stores in my town.

It's the best stuff you'll ever try. And the Magic Bullet changed protein shakes for me. It's sooo convenient and makes the best shakes with the best consistency.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear