over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proteinuria Question...

biglizard225

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
For the past 5 years I've had off and on foamy urine. It seems the harder I train and the more protein I eat (300-350 grams a day) the foamier it is. I've always just kinda blew it off and said oh it's just because I train hard and eat a lot of protein but here lately I've taken the time to do some research and I'm finding out its not really normal.

I get my blood work done once a year and I get a urinalysis with my check up. I've never had elevated creatinine, blood pressure has always been around 120/80 no protein in my urine but it's still quit foamy here lately I understand foamy urine could be a sign of proteinuria and I'm going back in a week to get my blood work done. I've been doing a good bit of research on the subject but how many of you guys who train your ass off and eat shit tons of protein and amino acid supplements get foamy urine?? I guess with all the guys having health issues here lately I've just been reevaluating my priorities and my health. I'm 25 years old and I don't want to be on dialysis by the time I'm 28. Kinda scary

My urine is as foamy as if soap was squirted in the toilet. I find it's improving since switching to almost all solid foods and only one post workout protein shake. When I had 8 shakes a day it was real bad.

I am currently on dialysis. Guess what, my urine was extremely foamy right before I blew out my kidneys. Are you having trouble fully emptying your bladder? That could be a sign of things to come. I thought it was minor prostate issues but boy was I wrong. You say your creatinine levels are fine, but how is your BUN?

Foamy urine could be from many different things. From forceful urinating, undiagnosed UTI, prostatitis, acute and chronic dehydration, chemicals in the urinal or toilet reacting with the PH of your urine, kidney stones, vesicocolic fistula (an abnormal track or passage between your colon and bladder) and proteinuria as you've researched.

Try not to zero in one the worst condition, Google can lead you to the worst case scenarios. I would definitely ask your PCP to be referred to a Nephrologist or Urologist.

Good luck.

I wouldn't worry about it.. but you could always do a 24 hour clearance test for shits and giggles

Foamy urine could be from many different things. From forceful urinating, undiagnosed UTI, prostatitis, acute and chronic dehydration, chemicals in the urinal or toilet reacting with the pH of your urine, kidney stones, vesicocolic fistula (an abnormal track or passage between your colon and bladder) and proteinuria as you've researched.

Try not to zero in one the worst condition, Google can lead you to the worst case scenarios. I would definitely ask your PCP to be referred to a Nephrologist or Urologist.

Good luck.

Edit:
Not that it was necessary... I'm my worst enemy on misspelling.

I am currently on dialysis. Guess what, my urine was extremely foamy right before I blew out my kidneys. Are you having trouble fully emptying your bladder? That could be a sign of things to come. I thought it was minor prostate issues but boy was I wrong. You say your creatinine levels are fine, but how is your BUN?

I don't know about my BUN I'll have to ask my doctor about it when I go in, it's always just been they call me and let me know if everything was in normal range or not I've never gotten any exact details. But as far as emptying my bladder I don't feel I have any trouble in that department. Thanks for your input man.
Any other things that you noticed that maybe I should look out for?

Foamy urine could be from many different things. From forceful urinating, undiagnosed UTI, prostatitis, acute and chronic dehydration, chemicals in the urinal or toilet reacting with the PH of your urine, kidney stones, vesicocolic fistula (an abnormal track or passage between your colon and bladder) and proteinuria as you've researched.

Good luck.

Thanks stewie. It's an off and on type thing I can pee on the ground outside after a really hard workout or something and it's foamy as hell so it's definitely not chemicals in the toilet or anything. Looks like a visit to the urologist is in my future.

Do you take in a lot of sodium or iodized salt?

If so, this can cause your kidneys to excrete more calcium into the urine. Which would result in foamy urine. Regardless of where you pee... ground, toilet and so forth.

Definitely have this evaluated, let us know what the diagnosis is. :)

I find that often urine gets bubbly when it hits the toilet water and the bubbles can even cover the whole toilet bowl surface. Usually the bubbles are large and don't look like lathered soap. I think an important thing to note is that the bubbles disappate fairly fast. Try peeing against the side of the bowl and see if it's foamy. Another thing is that even with high velocity urinating the bubbles almost immediately disappear if you are extremely hydrated. My guess is that the bubbling has to do with how strongly the urine is diluted.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I don't know about my BUN I'll have to ask my doctor about it when I go in, it's always just been they call me and let me know if everything was in normal range or not I've never gotten any exact details. But as far as emptying my bladder I don't feel I have any trouble in that department. Thanks for your input man.
Any other things that you noticed that maybe I should look out for?

Thanks stewie. It's an off and on type thing I can pee on the ground outside after a really hard workout or something and it's foamy as hell so it's definitely not chemicals in the toilet or anything. Looks like a visit to the urologist is in my future.

Bbers will tend to have foamy urine as we consume a lot more protein then the average person. As Stewie has mentioned, it could be something else, not necessarily bad kidney function. I hope that isn't the case for you. Foamy urine is definitely something to keep an eye on. As long as your creatinine and bun are within normal range, you should be ok as these are the major indicators of kidney function.

Do you take in a lot of sodium or iodized salt?

If so, this can cause your kidneys to excrete more calcium into the urine. Which would result in foamy urine. Regardless of where you pee... ground, toilet and so forth.

Definitely have this evaluated, let us know what the diagnosis is. :)

Will do. Oh, and yes I do take in a ton of sodium. I've been kinda screwed growing up in the south because we love some salty ass food.

1)The whole protein cycle especially with a very hard training bodybuilder = more foamy urine....(you will notice this if you lift 3 days in a row extremely hard and intense)

2) Your first urination in the morning will always be more foamy urine

3) Any urination following protein drinks (especially whey protein) will always result in much more foamy urine due to its fast pace thru the GI

4) There is a big difference in bubbly urine and foamy urine....kidney problem urine looks like a mug of beer....bubbly urine is from many things such as Stewie noted

5) Kidney problem foamy urine doesnt come and go...it is unusually constant at every urination

6) If your GFR is right and your creatinine is right and blood pressure is right and you have taken off at least 3 days of lifting before taking those tests....my diagnosis for you is you have hypochondriac system which is "because its happening to others around you, your hearing about it, reading about it, and googling it...its creating a health anxiety...and the reality is"

there isnt a problem.

Its very easy to get a health anxiety in bodybuilding...so many guys abuse these drugs and screw themselves up and the problem is "you dont know exactly what they did or were doing"...so you start thinking "damn was I doing the same things as they did dosage wise?"

You have normal blood pressure as you stated correct? I highly doubt you are near kidney failure.

I bet any money...one week off from lifting...so their is no massive protein turnover/remodeling going on...and no protein drinks....along with no massive protein meals (16 ounce prime rib)....that both your blood work and any urination that you feel is kind of sketchy would be virtually non-existant.

One of the best supplements it looks like to repair/maintain health in kidneys is Astralagus...its been used in the Orient for a great length of time to regenerate kidney function. Take a 2 capsule dose in the morning, take a 2 capsule dosage at nite before bed.... come back in here in time and tell me how much foaminess went away in your urination with taking that supplement and also how you tested out with bloodwork.

Take a couple deep breaths....I highly doubt your in any trouble to be honest with you with BP that low.

stop aking bcaas , they are not complete and harder onyour kidneys than anything , believe me if your bun and creatinine is in range as you said and you are not forcing your urine out it will be gone in a week. BCAAS are complete and utter crap. The only oter reason could be over training but that will show on your creatinine

stop aking bcaas , they are not complete and harder onyour kidneys than anything , believe me if your bun and creatinine is in range as you said and you are not forcing your urine out it will be gone in a week. BCAAS are complete and utter crap. The only oter reason could be over training but that will show on your creatinine

There are articles that say that bcaas are beneficial for people on dialysis such as myself. I have to be very careful with anything I put in my body these days. Can't have anything high in potassium or phosphorus. Dante's bcaas are 99% pure and my doctor has no problem with me taking them.

There are articles that say that bcaas are beneficial for people on dialysis such as myself. I have to be very careful with anything I put in my body these days. Can't have anything high in potassium or phosphorus. Dante's bcaas are 99% pure and my doctor has no problem with me taking them.

thats the first i heard of that, can u post studies, i just ran a search nothing came up. Is your protein intake low right now? thats the only way i can see it being beneficial for you, not so much your condition

thats the first i heard of that, can u post studies, i just ran a search nothing came up. Is your protein intake low right now? thats the only way i can see it being beneficial for you, not so much your condition

**broken link removed**

We have a hard time getting enough protein in general which is why I supplement with bcaas and protein powder. I will be switching to eaas soon though.

**broken link removed**

We have a hard time getting enough protein in general which is why I supplement with bcaas and protein powder. I will be switching to eaas soon though.

ahh, yea I figured as much. I was just going to say that is a much better option for sure.

1)The whole protein cycle especially with a very hard training bodybuilder = more foamy urine....(you will notice this if you lift 3 days in a row extremely hard and intense)

2) Your first urination in the morning will always be more foamy urine

3) Any urination following protein drinks (especially whey protein) will always result in much more foamy urine due to its fast pace thru the GI

4) There is a big difference in bubbly urine and foamy urine....kidney problem urine looks like a mug of beer....bubbly urine is from many things such as Stewie noted

5) Kidney problem foamy urine doesnt come and go...it is unusually constant at every urination

6) If your GFR is right and your creatinine is right and blood pressure is right and you have taken off at least 3 days of lifting before taking those tests....my diagnosis for you is you have hypochondriac system which is "because its happening to others around you, your hearing about it, reading about it, and googling it...its creating a health anxiety...and the reality is"

there isnt a problem.

Its very easy to get a health anxiety in bodybuilding...so many guys abuse these drugs and screw themselves up and the problem is "you dont know exactly what they did or were doing"...so you start thinking "damn was I doing the same things as they did dosage wise?"

You have normal blood pressure as you stated correct? I highly doubt you are near kidney failure.

I bet any money...one week off from lifting...so their is no massive protein turnover/remodeling going on...and no protein drinks....along with no massive protein meals (16 ounce prime rib)....that both your blood work and any urination that you feel is kind of sketchy would be virtually non-existant.

One of the best supplements it looks like to repair/maintain health in kidneys is Astralagus...its been used in the Orient for a great length of time to regenerate kidney function. Take a 2 capsule dose in the morning, take a 2 capsule dosage at nite before bed.... come back in here in time and tell me how much foaminess went away in your urination with taking that supplement and also how you tested out with bloodwork.
Take a couple deep breaths....I highly doubt your in any trouble to be honest with you with BP that low.

Definitely be looking more into this. Thanks Dante!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws