over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protocol for insulin resistance caused by over use insulin

fitnessmuscle

Registered
Guys let’s say someone ran lantus insulin 75ius once daily 7 days week ,stacked with humalog 5 ius before every meal 7 days week for 8 weeks , is this persons insulin resistance guaranteed ? I mean every one is different I know ,but does anyone have experience with something above and if so ,what would be the protocol you would use to get back your insulin response ? Would metformin alone get you back to normal? Could your body recover from that naturally?

I'd get an a1c test

Things that may help...lose weight, fat, if, low carb, fasted cardio, berberine, metformin...see the thread on distension.

So I think we need some more information for this "someone"

Did they jump right in at 75iu a day? Or did they taper up weekly from 25iu or so?

Did they cold turkey quit the 75iu at the 8 weeks? Or did they taper down before the 8 week mark?

Were GDA' in play throughout the time while on Lantus?

Is this "someone" fat" or are they lean?

Lots of variables here.

DNP blast for a week baby.

Jk but seriously that DOES help.

Personally, LISS + low carb + GDAs help reset.

So fun fact, found a meta analysis talking theoretically about DNp being a longivity drug…and for metabolicly broken…they theorized REALLY low dose (50-100mg) for long periods. Something about Intramuscular triglycerid and liver fat turnover heightened for long periods would be more restoring.

Hang on….I’ll go find it. It’s quite brilliant paper….talking about dnp for Alzheimer’s, dementia, cancer….

DNP blast for a week baby.

Jk but seriously that DOES help.

Personally, LISS + low carb + GDAs help reset.
And I’m not disagreeing with you, I’d definitely do a 10-14 day BB dose stint if I were him….I just found the paper really interesting

And I’m not disagreeing with you, I’d definitely do a 10-14 day BB dose stint if I were him….I just found the paper really interesting
Oh no I’m a huge DNP fan man. I’m on the same page as you

Finally found it. Scroll way down to see where they talk about DNp effects on diseases

A few cut and pastes

15. Ischemia​

A fascinating example of DNP’s capacity to become protective for the threaten tissue or penumbra was elegantly demonstrated in a rat model of cerebral stroke.

Metabolic:

For example, in a study conducted in a colony of wildtype mice, provided a very low dose of DNP of ~100 μg/kg/day (HED ~0.5 mg/day) for basically their entire lifespan, resulted in lower circulating glucose, insulin and triglycerides and increased lifespan relative to placebo (water) [40]. The mice also had less ROS production, lower oxidized proteins and DNA damage in the brain, liver and cardiac tissues

Less ROS production? That surprises me

Less ROS production? That surprises me

Yea the paper goes into that mechanism quite a few times.

1) increasing O2 consumption prevents formation of superoxide radical anions (O2-) by decreasing O2 tension in the microenvironment, (2) it favors more oxidized levels of respiratory chain intermediates, such as in Complex I and III, known as a substantial source of ROSs, (3) uncoupling keeps NADH levels lower, which prevents ROS formation by mitochondrial matrix flavoproteins, and, (4) it lowers mitochondrial membrane potential (ΔΨ), a condition that thermodynamically disfavors the reverse flow from Complex II to I, thereby decreasing ROS formation. Mitochondrial chemical uncoupling mimics a naturally occurring phenomenon termed, “proton leak” [6,37]. Protons that could be utilized for useful work (oxidative phosphorylation), or the “coupling” of the electronic event into the synthesis of ATP, instead leak across the mitochondrial membrane and are lost as heat. In fact, ~25% of the body’s basal energy is lost by this mechanism and is thought to slow aging by lowering ROS production

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws